No announcement yet.
Collapse

What is Final Jeopardy?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And starting today, the next guest host is.........

Mike Richards, Executive Producer, Jeopardy! & Wheel of Fortune
    Show Air Dates: February 22, 2021- March 05, 2021

Seems odd they would have the Executive Producer of the program as a guest host....if their intent is to trial run people.

I thought Ken did a creditable job. He really followed the format, but I guess that is what is expected. Of course it was only 6 weeks. Ken did not have a years long base of on-camera experience as a host as many other guest hosts in the line up will have. I think it takes a while to develop a sense of personal stage presence and personality. I don't think he got there. And it's not really fair to compare him to Alex, but that is all we have.

Here is the full line up....
    Jeopardy! Guest Host Schedule | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
      And starting today, the next guest host is.........

Mike Richards, Executive Producer, Jeopardy! & Wheel of Fortune
      Show Air Dates: February 22, 2021- March 05, 2021
      Seems odd they would have the Executive Producer of the program as a guest host....if their intent is to trial run people.
      I thought Ken did a creditable job. He really followed the format, but I guess that is what is expected. Of course it was only 6 weeks. Ken did not have a years long base of on-camera experience as a host as many other guest hosts in the line up will have. I think it takes a while to develop a sense of personal stage presence and personality. I don't think he got there. And it's not really fair to compare him to Alex, but that is all we have.
      Here is the full line up....
      Jeopardy! Guest Host Schedule | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com
      When they did a show about Alex and Jeopardy, it intimated that it was a very tough long houred job,
      which maybe the reason was the reason Alex stuck at it for so long as a way to keep his mind off his illness.

I read or heard somewhere that Ken is not interested in taking on that work load permanently, makes sense as he is very well off and already being paid as a consultant producer to the show.
      Also he stated in one twitter or instagram that he was happy to help out the station and be host for awhile.
      The fact that this other staff member who is stepping is only in as a temporary indicates in a way that the job is very hard and requires certain other skills not necessarily high IQ, but it might help. LOL Certainly shows what a great job Alex did for all those years, it was just a perfect fit.
      plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
      X