/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

President Pence

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benz View Post

I suspect that Schumer will pursue the impeachment trial of Trump as a means to ensure that Trump becomes ineligible to hold federal office for the remainder of his life. Many Republicans would likely welcome that prospect as a means of ensuring Trump cannot run in 2024 therefore he would not be able to raise funds for such a presidential campaign.

That said, Trump could always run for Governor of Florida and get Mar-a-Lago re-zoned for residential...
    Unless McConnell and Schumer have come to some other agreement, the trial may actually begin while McConnell is still Majority Leader.

The current make up of the Senate is 51 Rs - 48 Ds. It will remain that way until the 2 Senators from GA are sworn in and seated (Loeffler will remain in her seat until Warnock is seated). The deadline for GA to certify the results of the runoff elections is Jan 22nd (although Raffensperger has stated they may get it done before the 22nd).
    TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

Unless McConnell and Schumer have come to some other agreement, the trial may actually begin while McConnell is still Majority Leader.

The current make up of the Senate is 51 Rs - 48 Ds. It will remain that way until the 2 Senators from GA are sworn in and seated (Loeffler will remain in her seat until Warnock is seated). The deadline for GA to certify the results of the runoff elections is Jan 22nd (although Raffensperger has stated they may get it done before the 22nd).

From McConnell's own office is the outline below:

On Jan. 19, the Senate would receive a message from the House that it has appointed impeachment managers, and that the Senate would be ready to receive it.

●On Jan. 19 or 20, the House impeachment managers would exhibit the articles.

●On Jan. 20 or 21, the Senate would proceed to consideration of the impeachment articles at 1 p.m., and officially begin the trial. McConnell’s memo noted that the “Senate trial would therefore begin after President Trump’s term has expired — either one hour after its expiration on January 20, or twenty-five hours after its expiration on January 21.”

Comment

Originally posted by eastendduffer View Post

From McConnell's own office is the outline below:

On Jan. 19, the Senate would receive a message from the House that it has appointed impeachment managers, and that the Senate would be ready to receive it.

●On Jan. 19 or 20, the House impeachment managers would exhibit the articles.

●On Jan. 20 or 21, the Senate would proceed to consideration of the impeachment articles at 1 p.m., and officially begin the trial. McConnell’s memo noted that the “Senate trial would therefore begin after President Trump’s term has expired — either one hour after its expiration on January 20, or twenty-five hours after its expiration on January 21.”
        I have read that. The question still remains as to who will be the Majority Leader when the Senate trial begins. If the 2 GA senators are not sworn in until the 22nd or later, McConnell would still be the Majority Leader when the trial begins, unless Schumer and McConnell have come to some other agreement.
        TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

I have read that. The question still remains as to who will be the Majority Leader when the Senate trial begins. If the 2 GA senators are not sworn in until the 22nd or later, McConnell would still be the Majority Leader when the trial begins, unless Schumer and McConnell have come to some other agreement.
          Jan 22 is the deadline to certify. All indicators are pointing to the fact that this will be done this week or so. Then they can be sworn in.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...0-680ce153d37f

It's a pretty big "hail mary" to think they won't be there -- but Jan 22 is the deadline.

In fact, betting on "outliers" has been the Trump Admin's main modus operandi -- it's prob not going to work in this case however, unfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I seriously think our SA2.0 has been radicalized to some degree, you read enough of this crap and then you think this is starting to make sense.

Hopefully he has family or close friends that have spotted the difference in his personality and can help him.
            You should call CSIS.

Comment

Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

You should call CSIS.
              No need to call them. They're already listening...
              Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

No need to call them. They're already listening...
                Nice!
                WITB

D: PING G410 Plus 9* R
                F: PING G25 16.5* R
                H: PING G400 3 19* & 4 22* R
                I: 5 - GW
                W: Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58* S
                P: PING Anser 1966 TR
                P: PING Sigma D66

Comment

Unless they want to buy over priced used golf equipment, I think you over inflate their interest in this forum! lol

Comment

I am no fan of Pence. But a mob broke into the Capitol shouting they wanted to hang him and his boss told the mob he loved them.

His wife must be really pi$$ed

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                      I am no fan of Pence. But a mob broke into the Capitol shouting they wanted to hang him and his boss told the mob he loved them.

His wife must be really pi$$ed
                      She should be slapping him, this could be a great opportunity for him, he would have four years to convince the Retrumplicans to become Repencelicans.
                      WITB

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

She should be slapping him, this could be a great opportunity for him, he would have four years to convince the Retrumplicans to become Repencelicans.
                        I used to think pence was more dangerous than trump.

trump the useful idiot vs pence the true believer. No good choices there.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

I used to think pence was more dangerous than trump.

trump the useful idiot vs pence the true believer. No good choices there.
                          It would be a tough call, in hindsight an easy call.
                          WITB

Comment

Half of the betting poli sci armchair squadron in someways originally thought Trump was just a GOP ruse to get Pence into the big chair (Trump would "bow out" half way through his term)

But then The Donald started to actually like the pomp and circumstance that went along with the gig. While Trump was able to get every anti legal immigration zealot into starring roles in his Administration, a lot of Repubs doubted whether Trump could actually focus on the real GOP wet dream, banning abortion.

But then everything went south for all of them once Trump started enjoying eating Big Macs on Air Force One.

Looks like Schumer is going to wait to call a trial -- so alas, Mr Smirk will have to wait for yet another day to play chief bigot in the Oval Office.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                            X