/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Trump National to host 2022 PGA Championship

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

One of his courses is bordered by a prison. He can go there.
    Probably has a "pay to view "window.
    things change

Comment

There are plenty of courses that can hold the PGA on short notice(or the US Open for that matter). Whether they want to or not is a different question, as any host course may get involved in a legal drama Drumpf sues. But there is always Valhalla, which the PGA of America owns for just such an emergency.

Comment

There are plenty of courses that can hold the PGA on short notice(or the US Open for that matter). Whether they want to or not is a different question, as any host course may get involved in a legal drama Drumpf sues. But there is always Valhalla, which the PGA of America owns for just such an emergency.
        I think courses might be less worried about trump than having a bunch of MAGAts showing up at their gates to wreck the place.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

I think courses might be less worried about trump than having a bunch of MAGAts showing up at their gates to wreck the place.

The A-hole would do that too wouldn’t he? Once they announce where it is he’ll “wonder what would happen if an angry mob showed up and trashed the course before the event” and then say it isn’t his fault because he didn’t tell them to wreck the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

The A-hole would do that too wouldn’t he? Once they announce where it is he’ll “wonder what would happen if an angry mob showed up and trashed the course before the event” and then say it isn’t his fault because he didn’t tell them to wreck the course.
            I'm with you on that one, no doubt he will remind them closer to the time. Would be hilarious if his rocket surgeon followers went and trashed his course by mistake.
            WITB

D: PING G410 Plus 9*
            F: PING G25 16.5*
            H: PING G400 19* & 22*
            I: PING G400 5 - PW
            W: Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
            P: PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Given how relatively easy it is to damage/destroy a golf course, Trump should keep in mind that his own properties could become targets as well.
              Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I'm with you on that one, no doubt he will remind them closer to the time. Would be hilarious if his rocket surgeon followers went and trashed his course by mistake.
                Not sure he'd have to remind them 2 years from now. Chosen course will be at risk from the day it's announced in the current environment. Seems lottsa MAGAts don't like it when things are taken from dear leader

Comment

I think security is fairly tight for these events, although anything can happen with a large mob. Although i do not know for sure, I would think it would be a little bit harder to just drive up the lane at Oakmont or Winged Foot than at my local course.

Comment

I think security is fairly tight for these events, although anything can happen with a large mob. Although i do not know for sure, I would think it would be a little bit harder to just drive up the lane at Oakmont or Winged Foot than at my local course.
                    Do you think security at a golf course will be tighter than at the Capitol building?

I'll give you "harder than my local course".
                    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Do you think security at a golf course will be tighter than at the Capitol building?

I'll give you "harder than my local course".
                      I did say large mob. Other than that, you have to have a ticket to get in. How many Drumpfers are going to fork out 50-200$ just so they can protest inside the event? Crashing into it overnight to wreak damage is another thing, but if not in a large mob, how do they do it? I know we get stories of turf being damaged from time to time, but again local courses are a lot easier to get into(in the 4 courses I have been a member of over 35 years or so, none have had any barriers around the course and only one had a front gate for night time use) than I would imagine Winged Foot is.

I think it is moot anyway. I don't see the Drumpfers getting upset at whichever course is chosen to host 2022. That's a year and a half away. much more likely to get protestors at PGA headquarters. Which is where exactly again? Without looking it up, who knows? I don't. USGA is in NJ. PGA Tour is at Pontre Vedra Beach in Florida. I want to say Florida, but where exactly I don't know.

Comment

I did say large mob. Other than that, you have to have a ticket to get in. How many Drumpfers are going to fork out 50-200$ just so they can protest inside the event? Crashing into it overnight to wreak damage is another thing, but if not in a large mob, how do they do it? I know we get stories of turf being damaged from time to time, but again local courses are a lot easier to get into(in the 4 courses I have been a member of over 35 years or so, none have had any barriers around the course and only one had a front gate for night time use) than I would imagine Winged Foot is.

I think it is moot anyway. I don't see the Drumpfers getting upset at whichever course is chosen to host 2022. That's a year and a half away. much more likely to get protestors at PGA headquarters. Which is where exactly again? Without looking it up, who knows? I don't. USGA is in NJ. PGA Tour is at Pontre Vedra Beach in Florida. I want to say Florida, but where exactly I don't know.
                        Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
                        TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
                          Thank you, but did you know or google it? The Drumpfers are just as liable to show up at PGA Tour headquarters than there, or more so.

Comment

Thank you, but did you know or google it? The Drumpfers are just as liable to show up at PGA Tour headquarters than there, or more so.
                            I knew it.
                            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X