Collapse

Homeschooling.....omg

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeschooling.....omg

What a bloody **** show this is. Teachers not showing up for meetings, there’s no calendar, links don’t work etc etc. For my 9 year old it’s ok but for my 6 year old who can’t fully read yet it’s just us doing everything with her all day, not too convenient when trying to work from home. Patience is running thin.
    MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

I hear you loud and clear.. drove to the office today to get a break from it.
    Just two more weeks of this, before they tell us two more weeks of this
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

I have a 9yo and 5yo, both girls. The oldest is okay for the most part, and very self sufficient. I help her with her math, but she's good on her own with the rest. The little one is just starting to make breakthroughs with her reading and it's been a tough go with online learning. Frustrating to say the least...

Comment

Our 9 year old picks up her stuff for the day including schedule and works at it fairly self sufficiently. Drop off next day and repeat. It’s a small private school with no real technology capabilities.
        Problem is our almost 6 year old goes there too in SK but her classes are continuing because they’re housed with the preschoolers so I they’re able to continue.
        We aren’t taking her for a myriad of reasons but she’s bored and there isn’t much to occupy a 5 year old.
        Driver: yup..5 of those
        3 Wood: 'bout 4
        Hybrid: few..couple of tour issue
        Irons: Too many but AP2 for now
        Wedges: Lots
        Putter: A016836

Comment

Our company is allowing salaried staff to let their children come to work and do their remote learning here starting Monday. We have a very large facility and have reserved a training room for this. They have to bring all their own laptops or whatever they need and we supply the Wifi connection. I can see it now. As I'm the IT guy I'll be asked to trouble shoot all their problems.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman View Post
            Our company is allowing salaried staff to let their children come to work and do their remote learning here starting Monday. We have a very large facility and have reserved a training room for this. They have to bring all their own laptops or whatever they need and we supply the Wifi connection. I can see it now. As I'm the IT guy I'll be asked to trouble shoot all their problems.
            Good luck, you’re going to get nothing done
            MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I feel your pain buddy. My 4 year old (soon to be 5) would rather spend his time making faces and goofing off with his buddies online, as opposed to learning. With all that I've got going on with my wife, I'm also having to spend time with my son trying to get him to concentrate and go through some of the classwork they have. Granted a lot of the stuff SK's do is mindless crap, but when the actual learning piece comes on it's very hard to get these young ones to focus. They could definitely benefit more from in-person learning.

With the latest announcement yesterday, I've pulled my son from online learning and have decided to wait until school goes back full time. I went out and purchased an Osmo so I've got him setup with that and will do what I can to teach him for 1/2 days.

But this Government man....what a crock. They have NO clue what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman View Post
                umm, what happened to staying at home? I don't think this fits within current protocols.
                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

This should not be happening. They had at home learning during the 1st wave. Not all kids came back to school in Sept and have been doing remote since then. Ramping it back up for January should be easy. Everything should already still be in place. It is not like everyone involved has not done this before.

Comment

Worst experience I have had to deal with in years,a grade 2 student for me ,must be killing the teachers ,not more than 10 kids logged on this week.

Comment

It's been pretty good for my kids - grades 6 and 2. The teachers have done a good job to keep the kids busy for the day. I know my older one says that he's not learning as much as in person, but we all have to make do. IMO, online learning has really allowed parents to see the good teachers from the bad ones. The good ones are really organized and know what to do. The ones like OP reference are a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if that teacher isn't so great in person either.
                      Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
                      TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                      TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                      Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
                      TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
                      Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
                      Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
                      LAB Mezz, Accra
                      Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Our school has been great so far at handling this. My 6 year old (grade 1) is on google classroom from 9-2:15 each day, with two 30min 'recess' breaks, and an hour for lunch. The teacher has done a good job at keeping the kids engaged and paying attention. I'm up every 20-30min to help with something minor, but it's been much better than I expected.

My 9 year old son with Special Needs is still attending in-person classes, as his need cannot be accommodated through online learning.

We may just get through this!
                        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                        Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Our family experience has been excellent. Our 12yr old is doing better than she ever has, including constant verbal participation in class and helping other students (and the teacher). Our 14yr old started high school from home and has a 98% average so far. We got lucky that the teachers have been absolutely excellent through this.

My brothers family (7yr old autistic, and 9yr old) has had a similar result. Both kids excelling with learning from home.

Other friends and extended family have not been so lucky. Escpecially those with younger kids. Lots of frustration and stress for sure.
                          Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

I’m not sure how these kids are able be online that long (camera facing). I can barely stay focussed when I do back-to-back zoom calls.

Near impossible to expect working parents to focus on the job AND the kids schooling too. I’m not sure what the solution is, but my key employee is terribly inefficient right now, and that’s ok. Kids first, but this is not a long term play. For the business, the kids nor the parents.
                            – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
                              I’m not sure how these kids are able be online that long (camera facing). I can barely stay focussed when I do back-to-back zoom calls.

Near impossible to expect working parents to focus on the job AND the kids schooling too. I’m not sure what the solution is, but my key employee is terribly inefficient right now, and that’s ok. Kids first, but this is not a long term play. For the business, the kids nor the parents.
                              If this drags on for any length of time, I'm feeling hopeful that everyone will get used to it. Teachers will get better at presenting material in engaging ways. Students will get over the novelty of it all. Expectations for both teachers and students will inevitably rise if this is our new short-term (hopefully not long-term) reality. As that happens, parents working from home will become more focussed as well.
                              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                              Srixon Star XV
                              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X