Collapse

Musicians and YouTube

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicians and YouTube

For more than a year, I have enjoyed Mary Spender’s YouTube videos. She’s a singer-songwriter with a wide variety of interests, all of which are reflected in her videos. The video that I have linked in this post is her explanation of the way musicians are compensated or not compensated for their music appearing on YouTube. Since we have musicians on this site, I thought that you might find her detailed presentation enlightening. I’m no musician, but I also found this video interesting. If you’ve never watched any of her videos previously, you might be asking yourself after viewing this video if she is always this articulate. The answer is yes. For you guitar lovers, her weekly videos contain a segment in which her subscribers talk about guitars that they’ve owned, repaired or used, some of which are rare. Love that segment.

Last edited by mpare; Jan 9, 2021, 06:46 PM.
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

LOL that took me down a 3hr rabbit hole, thanks.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Time well spent.

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
      LOL that took me down a 3hr rabbit hole, thanks.

Comment

The videos from Normans Rare Guitars are great!

Follow Norman's Rare Guitars on Social Media for exclusive Photos and Videos!Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/normansrareguitarsTwitter - http://www.twit...

Comment

I agree. I’ve watched many.

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          The videos from Normans Rare Guitars are great!

Follow Norman's Rare Guitars on Social Media for exclusive Photos and Videos!Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/normansrareguitarsTwitter - http://www.twit...

Comment

I really enjoy Rick Beato's YouTube Channel and his music / song analysis and other music commentary.

ManFromMoffat, rest his soul, put me onto Rick's site via his series of "What Makes This Song Great" , specifically Boston's "More Than a Feeling" that got me hooked on the channel.

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
            Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
            Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Thanks for sharing, lots of great musicians just stopping by.
              - Vessel Cart Bag
              - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
              - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
              - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
              - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
              - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                I really enjoy Rick Beato's YouTube Channel and his music / song analysis and other music commentary.
                Been following Rick for years...surprised you're not posting the Rush videos.

Comment

Today’s Mary Spender video features a 1936 or 37, Epiphone Olympic guitar that she purchased online. I don’t know anything about guitars, but it seems to me that she’s found a gem.

Comment

Been randomly ending each day going down rabbit holes in youtube and got a kick out of these two.

Comment

It is easy to get lost, that is the issue with youtube and facebook and igram. They show you more of what you have already looked at. For most people, this is fine, who doesn't love cat videos, but for some the rabbit hole pops up in Mar-a-logo or Drumpf Tower or the basement of a pizza shop in DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Been randomly ending each day going down rabbit holes in youtube and got a kick out of these two.
                        The first time I saw that one, I wondered, how long does the (whatever it is called) on their bows last?

In the classical theme, I liked the one where the girl puts money in the street musicians hat and he starts playing Bethovens 9th and he gets joined by a whole bunch of other musicians joining.

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

The first time I saw that one, I wondered, how long does the (whatever it is called) on their bows last?

In the classical theme, I liked the one where the girl puts money in the street musicians hat and he starts playing Bethovens 9th and he gets joined by a whole bunch of other musicians joining.
                          Yeah I was wondering that as well.

I'm just enjoying where the rabbit hole takes me in the recommendations as I'm ending up in places I would never have thought to look.

Tho can fully admit I looked up gangnam style again as I get a kick out of the video. And up to like 4.8 billion views... last time I watched it it was at 3.5...

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

It's horsehair in all but the cheapest bows.

Serious people would get re-haired twice a year. I think most people would be much more rare, like every several years. The hairs don't break all that much under "normal" use!

I'd think of it like golf grips. Lots of people will go 5+ years between re-grippings, even if they shouldn't.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X