/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Trump impeachment - If you sat in one of the houses how would you vote?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump impeachment - If you sat in one of the houses how would you vote?

Lets take a ballot of TGNer’s to see how Trump really stands with us. You can only vote once and this poll is set to close at 12:01 PM on inauguration day.

Feel free to discuss your vote if you wish but keep it civil. We have the Trump thread for really bashing stuff.
    Impeach. (Rinse and repeat if necessary, LOL just having some fun)
    81.63%
    Do not impeach.
    18.37%

This will likely end as the last one did.

I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do or not. Trump should be held accountable but this might just flame the insurgence amongst his crazy supporters
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do or not. Trump should be held accountable but this might just flame the insurgence amongst his crazy supporters
      You really think that impeaching him again will inflame them more than they already are? I suspect that it won't make a difference to the hard core supporters. They will just see it as another 'unfair' thing that has been done to their leader, but it won't take things up a notch. They are pretty much at code red right now.

Where it will make a difference is with the rest of Republican voters. If Trump has no viable path to reelection, because he is barred from doing so, then they will have to find a new candidate and Trump will fade into the background, because he will have less influence and more importantly, less funding. Hopefully Rep's will then chose a more moderate and less insane leader and things will get back to some sense of normalcy in US politics (although I still think the current system is broken regardless).

Comment

Of course it's the right thing to do.

Impeach Hawley and Cruz too.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post

You really think that impeaching him again will inflame them more than they already are? I suspect that it won't make a difference to the hard core supporters. They will just see it as another 'unfair' thing that has been done to their leader, but it won't take things up a notch. They are pretty much at code red right now.

Where it will make a difference is with the rest of Republican voters. If Trump has no viable path to reelection, because he is barred from doing so, then they will have to find a new candidate and Trump will fade into the background, because he will have less influence and more importantly, less funding. Hopefully Rep's will then chose a more moderate and less insane leader and things will get back to some sense of normalcy in US politics (although I still think the current system is broken regardless).
          I anticipate we will see some significant violence in the coming weeks. Having the moral conviction to proceed should not be influenced by what some rogue faction chooses to do at the behest of a leader who was a disgrace at the start of his term.

Comment

As time goes on, I think things, wrt the January 6th insurrection, will get much worse for Trump. Will it move GOP Senators? Only time will tell, but it will become much harder for them to turn a blind eye.
            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

As time goes on, I think things, wrt the January 6th insurrection, will get much worse for Trump. Will it move GOP Senators? Only time will tell, but it will become much harder for them to turn a blind eye.
              Turning a blind eye at this time would be no less than siding with him that he’s done nothing wrong. I think Jan. 6th outraged enough of his supporters that the R’s don’t need him and probably don’t want him anymore. Not the crazy loons who would storm the Capitol but regular R voters could actually reject Trump if he were able to run again.

Comment

Impeach. There has to be consequences to actions, after all, the US is a nation of laws. It also sets the precedent for the future.
                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Turning a blind eye at this time would be no less than siding with him that he’s done nothing wrong. I think Jan. 6th outraged enough of his supporters that the R’s don’t need him and probably don’t want him anymore. Not the crazy loons who would storm the Capitol but regular R voters could actually reject Trump if he were able to run again.
                  The right candidate and the right propaganda could make current trump supporters turn on him.
                  WITB

D: PING G410 Plus 9* R
                  F: PING G25 16.5* R
                  H: PING G400 3 19* & 4 22* R
                  I: 5 - GW
                  W: Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58* S
                  P: PING Anser 1966 TR
                  P: PING Sigma D66

Comment

Vote to impeach -- I'd rather at least be on the right side of history, regardless if the GOP decides to turn a blind eye as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                      Impeach. There has to be consequences to actions, after all, the US is a nation of laws. It also sets the precedent for the future.
                      He did call himself the Law and Order President, frequently.

Comment

I would abstain, and would, rather, push to impeach at a later date. I don't believe he can do any further damage in his final days (no, he will not be able to launch nukes -- he can and will be overruled if he tries). The damage he can do is by riling up his followers, which he can do with or without the office.

The important thing is to remove his ability to run again.

By delaying, the Democrats would find it easier to get Republican Senate support down the road. They would also find it easier to impeach without the violence surely to come should impeachment take place now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
                          I would abstain, and would, rather, push to impeach at a later date. I don't believe he can do any further damage in his final days (no, he will not be able to launch nukes -- he can and will be overruled if he tries). The damage he can do is by riling up his followers, which he can do with or without the office.

The important thing is to remove his ability to run again.

By delaying, the Democrats would find it easier to get Republican Senate support down the road. They would also find it easier to impeach without the violence surely to come should impeachment take place now.
                          Oh I don’t care when they do it. I just put the deadline on this poll for the scheduled time of Joe’s inauguration so we can move on. It wasn’t related to a “now or later.”

Comment

Oh I don’t care when they do it. I just put the deadline on this poll for the scheduled time of Joe’s inauguration so we can move on. It wasn’t related to a “now or later.”
                            It's a fun exercise, I wonder if the results indicate how Canada (assuming most respondents are Canadian) have a higher degree of objectivity viewing this from outside the US?
                            WITB

D: PING G410 Plus 9* R
                            F: PING G25 16.5* R
                            H: PING G400 3 19* & 4 22* R
                            I: 5 - GW
                            W: Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58* S
                            P: PING Anser 1966 TR
                            P: PING Sigma D66

Comment

I know, but it goes to vote this week, so it's become a now or never situation. I was voting (not voting) with that in mind.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X