Guitar photos

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar photos

Here's my gear:

Left to right guitars: Taylor GS Mini, Fender Squier strat, Martin D-28 Authentic 1941, Brad Paisley Signature Silver sparkle Telecaster, Martin D-18 Authentic 1939, Fender Custom shop 52 Telecaster. Amp: 1967 Fender Pro Reverb.

Fender Custom shop Wildwood 10 54 Stratocaster

2010 Crook Custom T

1965 Fender Bassman piggy back head and matching 2X12 Cabinet

Tone King Sky King

My Strat is similar in overall appearance to yours though mine is a MIJ reissue of a 62 Photoflame and not a custom shop. It has a humbucker in the bridge pup position and a Floyd Rose II Locking tremelo that has an amazing ability to stay in tune. When I got it, it was the best playing guitar I ever had. Super low and light action but the stock electronics were junk. I upgraded all the pick-ups, switch and pots in it and now it is an absolute monster. I don’t have a good pic but will get some.

These pics are my latest acquisition this summer. Rickenbacker 4003 special run from Wildwood Guitars in Colorado. Montezuma AmberGlo. Ric Toaster pick up in the neck, checkerboard binding, the new Ric bass bridge, “mono” output (no Ric-o-sound) and a single “dual-action” truss rod which is a change from the old Ric dual truss rod. When I saw pics of this bass I had to have it even though it was kinda crazy expensive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EA671F51-C5A0-431F-9892-43838259890D.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	3302577 Click image for larger version

Name:	2EE304D8-65E1-4114-92D5-57230977AAE9.jpeg
Views:	298
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	3302578 Click image for larger version

Name:	85D311B4-7723-44DE-8A97-1F1FFFD08861.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	3302579

Comment

Sweet ricky

Comment

Very interesting even to a non guitar player. Not looking for anywhere near full disclosure but are most of these worth a few hundred or a little more or a lot more? PM if you are nervous posting this type of info.

Comment

Originally posted by seetrout699 View Post
          Very interesting even to a non guitar player. Not looking for anywhere near full disclosure but are most of these worth a few hundred or a little more or a lot more? PM if you are nervous posting this type of info.
          Well the price of my Ric can be found on the Internet so I don’t mind saying. It was listed at US$2999 but I paid US$2499 for it. That is quite a lot higher than a standard Rickenbacker 4003 but this is a very small special run so limited availability and Rickenbackers have been known to appreciate, particularly if they have a few special things on them like this one does. I saw it as both a guitar that made me drool uncontrollably and a reasonable investment.

Comment

My most valuable guitars are my Martins. Both are from Martins flagship Authentic series. My D-28 Authentic is built exactly to the specs of a 1941 in their museum using CAT scans. Hot hide glue used authentic bracing, VTS (torrefied) top to get that aged wood sound. Value at the time of purchase August 2016, $10,949. Same deal for my D-18 Authentic 1939. Value is about $8,500 although I bought that one used for 5k. These are my compromises to owning the actual vintage pieces. An actual 1941 D-28 would cost about $60,000 US depending on condition. I did get a chance to compare my D-28 authentic to its vintage 1941 counterpart a couple years ago at Folkway music in Kitchener. Mark had one in there, I think he had listed at $75,000 Canadian. It was in excellent condition. Mine stood up very well to it but there is no beating all those decades of aging for that beautiful vintage tone.
            Both my Fender Custom shop guitars are in the 5 to 6k range. My custom crook T cost me $3,000 US back in 2010 when I had Bill Crook build it (Brad Paisley's builder) I actually made the trip down to West Virginia to pick it up rather than have it shipped. Was a fun trip and I got to meet the guy who builds Brad Paisleys Crooks. While there he showed me a build he was doing for Keith Urban and he showed me the body of a 52 tele that belonged to Brad Paisley. It was a casualty of the Nashville floods that happened that year. He had the body there to try and salvage the B bender from it.
            The Taylor GS Mini and Fender Squire aren't mine. The squire belongs to my daughter. She doesn't play and doesn't have room for it at her apartment. The Taylor belongs to my grand daughter. She is currently concentrating on piano so isn't playing it right now.
            I bought the custom shop 52 at the beginning of the last lockdown from Daves music in the US, as a gift to keep me occupied in the lockdown.
            The Brad paisley silver sparkle, my wife bought me on my 60th birthday last July. My original plan was to visit the Martin guitar factory in Pennsylvania but the pandemic killed that so the tele was a consolation. Its value. $1800 CA
            Last edited by guitarman; Jan 13, 2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

GMan, Marty very nice. I will have to show my SIL, he is the guitar guy . . . congrats . . .
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Nice collection

Comment

Thanks guys for the additional information. Collecting items of personal interest can provide great enjoyment.

Comment

Thanks guys for the additional information. Collecting items of personal interest can provide great enjoyment.
                    In this case playing with them can also be endlessly entertaining too.

Comment

My eyes went straight to your Martins when I first saw the pic. Not that I knew what they were until you identified them.

I am just more attracted to acoustics I guess.

Didn't realise I had such good taste. (cough.)

Thanks for posting.

_______
                      NQRfPT

Comment

Really nice collection 🤘🏼I’ve had my fair share over the years... although I don’t play very often anymore

Comment

Nice collection - this is an SG body I built in September from a solo guitars kit. I opted to stain it with a coffee look with no finish.

Name:	2020-09-15_13-32-19_827.heic
Views:	199
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	3303038

Comment

Originally posted by netspec View Post
                            Nice collection - this is an SG body I built in September from a solo guitars kit. I opted to stain it with a coffee look with no finish.

Name:	2020-09-15_13-32-19_827.heic
Views:	199
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	3303038
                            Hey, I like it! I had a 74 Gibson SG Custom for a while but I sold it a few years back.

Comment

Finally showed my SIL . . . he absolutely loves the 2 Martin from GMan . . . if you ever decide to sell he would surely be interested.

He told me a story about Vince Gill . . . In the 70's he is at a fair (lived in Norman Oklahoma). An older guy has a Martin Original . . . Vince ask him how much . . . after negotiation he has to decide, either the money he has to go to College or buys the guitar and goes on the road . . . the rest is history . . .
                              Last edited by Chambokl; Feb 6, 2021, 04:25 PM.
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X