/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Washington Insurrection - January 2021 - how deep was the plot?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Insurrection - January 2021 - how deep was the plot?

The storming of the capitol building in Washington on January 6th, 2021 will be documented, analyzed and evaluated for years to come.

As more facts emerge, the probability increases that the insurrection was not as spontaneous as originally assumed.

This particular event transcends the singular topics of President Trump and the 2020 Presidential Election. So, this thread will (hopefully) focus on the uncovering and analysis of relevant facts surrounding the events leading up to, during, and since that day.

Further, any similar subsequent events in Washington and elsewhere should be discussed.
    Sage of the GTA...

One of the self-identified insurrection 'organizers' has claimed that 3 GOP members of Congress assisted the rioters.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-nr-vpx.cnn
    Sage of the GTA...

Comment

That's just awesome. The awesomest, some people are saying.
      In The Bag

Golf clubs

Let them in.
      We can deal with the bad apples.
      Evil prevails when good people do nothing.

Comment

I won’t be surprised if this will go down in history similar to how there has always been rumblings that the govt was involved in Kennedy’s assassination.

We’ll likely never know the complete truth in our lifetime as to how much, if any, inside help occurred.

Comment

I think it will shock many people;
          US Capitol insurrection: Questions swirl around possible 'insider' help - CNNPolitics

Comment

"how deep was the plot" is a very subjective measure.

I expect we'll see that there was a considerable amount of money paid out by PACs, and other individuals to "influencers", and to others for travel and related expenses. I expect we'll see a small number of Members of Congress get caught up in this, but it remains to be seen if any criminal charges can be successfully brought.

Was there "planning" done. Of course. Why anyone is surprised by this is confusing to me. Do you think that these people who show up at rallies and social conflicts don't load up their trunks with everything needed for a good fight? Does anyone really think that these people don't communicate with each other beforehand? There are people within these groups with military and/or police experience. They will contribute to tactics for the group. I'm sure there are many who owned a GI Joe as a kid and will consider themselves experts in suburban warfare.

These people call themselves "Patriots". For those who haven't been following closely, "Peaceful" and "Patriot" are almost never used in the same sentence.

In reality, I think the one video I saw summed it up best... Y'all Qaeda.
            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

I saw last night that the 5th the traffic in the Capitol building was very high (unusually). With COVID-19 Protocols there were no tours so people had to invited in by members. It was reported to the Sargent at Arms according to a Democratic Rep and yes concerns that they were plotting as we know as many have said people found Democrats offices that were not marked.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/01/13/...ead-of-attack/

You don't need many to "Case the Joint", prep and then with a riled up mass, exploit.
              Last edited by golfingtime; Jan 14, 2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Follow the money!!!!

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

My questions are:

What is the end game these people were aiming for? Simply to disrupt the electoral college proceeding or something more sinister?

If charged and proven, what would happen to the like of Lauren Boebert who tweeted out updates from inside to the rioters?

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                    My questions are:

What is the end game these people were aiming for? Simply to disrupt the electoral college proceeding or something more sinister?

If charged and proven, what would happen to the like of Lauren Boebert who tweeted out updates from inside to the rioters?
                    Some were heavily armed , others with handcuffs/restraints, others with bombs , molotov cocktails so they were definitely planning something sinister and there to do damage ......others probably less so and no doubt some were there to just to check it out and skip works
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I think a distinction needs to be made between members who were helping organize a rally, and members who were supporting the violence and the breech of the Capitol. People on TV and online seem to be treating them as if they're the same thing. There's nothing wrong with a peaceful rally, so if someone is guilty of supporting the rally portion only, it feels like a witch hunt if we lump them in with those intent on violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
                        I think a distinction needs to be made between members who were helping organize a rally, and members who were supporting the violence and the breech of the Capitol. People on TV and online seem to be treating them as if they're the same thing. There's nothing wrong with a peaceful rally, so if someone is guilty of supporting the rally portion only, it feels like a witch hunt if we lump them in with those intent on violence.
                        Agreed, though it seems very selfish to me to encourage people on a cause you know is a lie. There should be consequences for congress members that supported this, but there probably won't be.
                        In The Bag

Golf clubs

Let them in.
                        We can deal with the bad apples.
                        Evil prevails when good people do nothing.

Comment

I understand your point.

However, at some point common sense needs to prevail. That is, any reasonable person would look at that scene and quickly realize that it was NOT a 'peaceful protest'. If so, that person would reasonably conclude that it would be imprudent to remain in the vicinity. Further, all of this crap about "I'm an independent journalist" or "I wanted to turn around but I was carried away by the crowd" are just crocks of **** put forth as a means to make excuses for illegal behaviour.

Also, there are some restricted areas outside of the capitol building where the public is simply not allowed to be. Given this, some people were violating the law even if they did nothing else that could be considered insurrection. IMO, these people should be charged, if for no other reason than to provide leverage to the authorities to make these people reveal their 'companions' as well as the circumstances of how and why they came to be there at that particular time.
                          Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Agreed, though it seems very selfish to me to encourage people on a cause you know is a lie. There should be consequences for congress members that supported this, but there probably won't be.
                            I suspect that there will be some GOP members of Congress who will be thrown under the bus by the party as a means to resolve this situation as soon as possible. The Democrats are not going to make a big push to purge every Representative who endorsed the demonstration. However, it would be unwise to simply ignore the fact that there are reports of some GOP members who actively assisted/supported the rioters before the fact, and if so, they cannot be free from consequences to that behaviour.
                            Sage of the GTA...

Comment

I think the consequence lies in attempting to disrupt a constitutionally mandated process. It is showing utter disregard and contempt for the constitution. What kind of citizen can you be if you think it is OK to stomp on the constitution because your guy didn’t win the election?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X