/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Washington Insurrection - January 2021 - how deep was the plot?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

I posted commentary based on information presented in an article published by a left leaning outlet. . .
    You posted based on Title (I guess) . . . nothing in the article back your comment . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

A few things here. AOC and other house members were under threat. While they may not have been under immediate physical threat, it can still be a tramitic experience. Each will respond differently. So while it's not how I would choose to deal with it, I try to understand it not leap to criticism.
      While you continually try to absolve Trump legally from incitement, you cannot morally. In no way has Bernie, Maxine or anyone else in govt done as much to mislead and anger a mob since the civil war. Trump lied to them, told them the election was stolen and they had been cheated. His upmost duty was to defend the Constitution of the US. His ONLY message to that crowd should have been one or reconciliation. They were armed, angry and it didn't take a genius to understand what could happen. It was his duty to calm the crowd. Of course the Trumpslain crowd will use the tack that he couldn't know. Various reports before the event predicted the chance of violence as high. He only focus should have been to prevent that. Instead, he again lied to them repeatedly. What should Trump have done and said on Jan 6?
      We can agree to disagree on the bolded section. James Hodgekinson fired something like 70 rounds at Republican lawmakers. How many lawmakers were shot at on Jan 6th? If Trump supporters wanted to kill members of congress, the Capitol Police would have been unable to stop the 800? people who entered the Capitol. Its political opportunism for people, especially those who were in different buildings on the Capitol grounds, to act like they were scared for their life, and go as far as accusing other politicians of "trying to have me killed".

Weirfan I am capable of being sympathetic to AOC's personal experience in the past, but it is unrelated to this.

Comment

We can agree to disagree on the bolded section. James Hodgekinson fired something like 70 rounds at Republican lawmakers. How many lawmakers were shot at on Jan 6th? If Trump supporters wanted to kill members of congress, the Capitol Police would have been unable to stop the 800? people who entered the Capitol. Its political opportunism for people, especially those who were in different buildings on the Capitol grounds, to act like they were scared for their life, and go as far as accusing other politicians of "trying to have me killed".

Weirfan I am capable of being sympathetic to AOC's personal experience in the past, but it is unrelated to this.
        You should go back to work and get off your keyboard . . . not a good look right now . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Once again, the most delusional person in tgn history can tell how people were feeling from within the capitol building on Jan 6th. But can also be 'sympathetic' as long as nothing about their past traumatic history (which he also knows how they feel about due to all the bullying endured here...) can used against his narrative that past trauma is 'unrelated' to Jan 6th and what could be going through her mind.

Now at the point in this story where he is speaking about how trauma victims should feel and say. Gotcha kiddo...

Comment

Hodgkinson while deranged was inspired by whose rhetoric? Is there any evidence Bernie or Maxine inspired him to violence? I know he worked for Bernie's campaign but Bernie hardly talks violence. He hated Trump and Repubs. AFaik nobody has tried to pin that event on Dems, aside from you perhaps.
            Your post sounds like it's some sort of Trumpslain for the Capital riot of Jan 6th. Kind of a "it wasn't that bad" sort of thing. All day we can find other events that in some way compare to Jan 6th. Which ones were inspired by the President? Which ones could the president actually prevented? Which ones were fueled by lies and deceit propigated by POTUS? Does the capital riot happen if Trump doesn't contest the election not just legally but with outright lies to his followers? No chance. Was that okay? I'm not clear you think Trump did anything wrong on Jan 6 or before in advocating overturning an election. Your focus seems to be on finding Dems who are just as bad. Not going to happen. No amount of liberal hypocracy or equivalence is going to make you feel better for supporting the biggest US embarrassment since Watergate. Trump was a terrible president, you should have seen it coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

You should go back to work and get off your keyboard . . . not a good look right now . . .
              I doubt he would have a job if he spent as much energy at work with colleagues trying to get his views across to them.
              Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
              Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
              Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
              Ping G400 4H - 22*
              Ping G400 5 - UW
              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
              Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
              Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• trump invited all the problems by having a "stop the steal" rally when and where he did.

There is proof that he enjoyed the chaos from the safety of his television.
                Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                Ping G400 4H - 22*
                Ping G400 5 - UW
                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

There is proof that he enjoyed the chaos from the safety of his television.
                  The reports from those there say he was in fact thrilled seeing the insurgence and breach walking around smiling and all happy. He was apparently dismayed and perplexed that others failed to share his enthusiasm.
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

The reports from those there say he was in fact thrilled seeing the insurgence and breach walking around smiling and all happy. He was apparently dismayed and perplexed that others failed to share his enthusiasm.
                    Exactly right, almost like it exceeded his expectations.
                    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                    Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                    Ping G400 4H - 22*
                    Ping G400 5 - UW
                    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• He's been invited by the Dems to testify next week - not a hope in hell he will.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                        He's been invited by the Dems to testify next week - not a hope in hell he will.
                        Hope his intense love of cameras and microphones proves you wrong.

He may go, even if advised against it, he would think he's the smartest guy in the room.
                        Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                        Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                        Ping G400 4H - 22*
                        Ping G400 5 - UW
                        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I doubt he would have a job if he spent as much energy at work with colleagues trying to get his views across to them.
                          I wonder if his colleagues are lobbying to extend the work-from-home protocols even after the pandemic has passed.
                          I can only imagine what it must be like to have to be in the same office with this type of person day after day.

And, with no 'ignore' button...

Comment

• Can people really tell whether the food they eat is 'organic' or not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	481
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	3315067

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                              Can people really tell whether the food they eat is 'organic' or not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	481
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	3315067
                              His mommy says he gets a sore tum tum if he doesn't eat organic food.
                              Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                              Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                              Ping G400 4H - 22*
                              Ping G400 5 - UW
                              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

I posted commentary based on information presented in an article published by a left leaning outlet. . .
                                Are you saying it's not possible that she thought the person banging on her door saying "where is she" was one of the mob? Yes, it turned out it was a cop according to the article, but that doesn't change the way she may have experienced it.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X