Collapse

Paige Bueckers

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paige Bueckers

If you’re a fan of basketball, you might want to take the time to watch Paige Bueckers in action. She’s one of the freshman guards on the U. Conn. team. She is one of the best players in the country. In this evening’s game against the #1 ranked women from South Carolina, Paige carried her #2 ranked Huskies to victory in overtime by scoring ALL of her team’s points in OT.

The Huskies games are available in full on YouTube. To whet your appetite, here are a few highlights from her 31 point performance tonight. I should add that she played all 45 minutes of the game.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

First (womens?) player in UConn history with three consecutive 30 point games. Women’s sports don’t usually grab my attention, but Bueckers is a special talent.
    Last edited by SeanAvery2point0; Feb 9, 2021, 01:26 AM.

Comment

She is a remarkable athlete. I began watching her high school games two years ago. Her Hopkins team was undefeated. It was no surprise to me that she was the top rated college recruit in the country. The coach has been trying to get her to shoot more, because as good as her shooting is, her passing might be even better.

Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post
      First (womens?) player in UConn history with three consecutive 30 point games. Women’s sports don’t usually grab my attention, but Bueckers is a special talent.
      Last edited by mpare; Feb 9, 2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Isn't she awesome . . . such a great player. How lucky have you been to watch her play in HS. Two Canadians playing last night in a 1 vs 2 match-up. Very nice to see. Some of these bad door cuts are text book . . . and that shot at the end . . . What!!!

Thanks . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Jean-Guy, she is awesome. That 3-pointer was a lot of luck, but she also had to put up the shot in a hurry, and get it on line. As for her HS play, the games are still available on YouTube should you want to watch them. As for the Canadians, there are more playing division NCAA ball than one might have thought. In that regard, check out this article: 8 Canadians worth watching among record number in NCAA basketball | CBC Sports Laeticia Amihere, from Mississauga, who plays for SC only played a few minutes last night although the box score doesn't list her as having done so, which is curious. To get a sense of her athleticism, check out the video embedded in the previous link.

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
          Isn't she awesome . . . such a great player. How lucky have you been to watch her play in HS. Two Canadians playing last night in a 1 vs 2 match-up. Very nice to see. Some of these bad door cuts are text book . . . and that shot at the end . . . What!!!

Thanks . . .
          Last edited by mpare; Feb 9, 2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Mike, thanks for the link. That Laeticia dunk is something to see. No doubt, this is a throw down . . . wow!!!

Basketball in Canada is getting more and more involved. Lots of great athlete have decided to play basketball. I wonder what will happen the the 2 years lost from covid. Very sad . . .

Comment

Agreed that UConn's Bueckers is one of the best freshmen, but a shout-out to Hailey Van Lith of the Louisville Cardinals.
              She's having a great freshman year for the #3 ranked Cards. Ottawa's Merissah Russell is also getting some PT in her first year at UofL.

Comment

You're right to point them out as well.

Originally posted by Rombo View Post
                Agreed that UConn's Bueckers is one of the best freshmen, but a shout-out to Hailey Van Lith of the Louisville Cardinals.
                She's having a great freshman year for the #3 ranked Cards. Ottawa's Merissah Russell is also getting some PT in her first year at UofL.

Comment

Well we are lucky today with LSU at South Carolina (Laeticia Amihere) on TSN3 and Louisville at Syracuse (Hailey Van Lith) on TSN 5

Note: Louisville game cancelled - positive covid test in Cardinal's program

Comment

Bueckers set a UConn record for assists in a game with 14, to go along with 20pts in a dominant 97-68 win over Butler.

Comment

Chambokl: Jean-Guy, check out this post-game press conference with the UConn coach after their victory over Marquette for the Big East title. Would you be able to coach these women? The manner in which the players interact with the coach is certainly different than when I played basketball.

Comment

Big east player of the year, and big east tournament player of the year. First time a freshman has won both of these accolades.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                          Chambokl: Jean-Guy, check out this post-game press conference with the UConn coach after their victory over Marquette for the Big East title. Would you be able to coach these women? The manner in which the players interact with the coach is certainly different than when I played basketball.

I might have to think about this one Mike. Some strange comments . . . were the players joking . . . you owe me 2 minutes?

Maybe communication is the problem . . . making comments to the team without confronting the player . . . it is strange for sure . . .

Comment

I thought that it was strange as well. He has a curious sense of humour, but I doubt that he was kidding. I would guess that the women are testing the limits of his patience.

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

I might have to think about this one Mike. Some strange comments . . . were the players joking . . . you owe me 2 minutes?

Maybe communication is the problem . . . making comments to the team without confronting the player . . . it is strange for sure . . .
                            Last edited by mpare; Mar 9, 2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                              I thought that it was strange as well. He has a curious sense of humour, but I doubt that he was kidding. I would guess that the women are testing the limits of his patience.
                              I thought about this a lot . . . doesn't make much sense. Maybe Coach Auriemma (will be back this W/E) made some promise to Paige on how much court time she will be getting. When recruiting, these coaches make lots of promises to the young athletes. After you get there, the athlete usually have to shut up and listen. Paige is important enough to say . . . Hey Buddy, remember, I play so many minutes . . .

Sorry that is all I have . . . still strange to have the Coach talking about this in a press conference . . .

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X