Collapse

Water consumption

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
    A house I rented annually in Hilton Head had the hot water heater in a laundry closet and one time when retrieving a ball for the kids under the house I noticed a leak and traced it back to the water heater....it was rusted on the bottom and leaking out the back and going through the floorboards under the house. So water heater could also be a culprit.
    Oh Peter . . . good idea. Water heater could be. I know mine use to be right beside the sump pump . . . now hot water on demand.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

In my city, we can call the water department and they will tell you the exact day/time water was used in your house.

Comment

2 months, 13 m3 (13000 litres), $110
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Irrigation line leaking?

Comment

I called Richmond Hill water dept and he asked me to give him the readings off the metre. I told him and he said since the bill came out 10 days ago I have gone through 40 odd dollars of water. We are running about a 1000 litres a day and should be around 500 at most for a 2 person house.
            I checked all toilets and nothing is going on there. Don't have a sump pump but do have a reverse osmosis water system ( 30 years) and a water softener. The humidifier I finally fixed about a month ago, so I know it isn't the culprit as this has been going on now for close to 6 months.
            I unplugged the water softener last night and will start reading the numbers myself and hopefully slowly determine where this leak is coming from.
            Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Originally posted by caddishack View Post
              I called Richmond Hill water dept and he asked me to give him the readings off the metre. I told him and he said since the bill came out 10 days ago I have gone through 40 odd dollars of water. We are running about a 1000 litres a day and should be around 500 at most for a 2 person house.
              I checked all toilets and nothing is going on there. Don't have a sump pump but do have a reverse osmosis water system ( 30 years) and a water softener. The humidifier I finally fixed about a month ago, so I know it isn't the culprit as this has been going on now for close to 6 months.
              I unplugged the water softener last night and will start reading the numbers myself and hopefully slowly determine where this leak is coming from.
              You might want to start with checking the RO system.

Reverse Osmosis Water Waste: How Much Water Does Reverse Osmosis Waste?

Reverse osmosis is a popular type of water filtration in America. It is used for both residential and commercial water filtration. Reverse osmosis is great because it is easy to maintain, removes impurities, saves money, and improves the taste, odor, and look of water. A drawback of conventional RO systems is that reverse osmosis water waste can be up to 25 gallons of water sent to drain per 1 gallon of RO water produced.

“Wasted” is not exactly a fair or accurate term though which is why we prefer to reframe it as a reverse osmosis system uses water. Some systems do unnecessarily waste more water than they should if they are not properly maintained or are not a quality system to begin with. We don’t think any water should be wasted pointlessly.
              plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

Spoke to my water guy and he is coming to look at the RO unit and see whats going on...but here is something he told me and this could very well be the issue. I knew they existed but have never given it a thought. The laundry room faucet has a primer tube connected to it which sends a blast of water down to the drain in the basement to keep it from drying out. This connection can get stuck open and run continually. I bet this is the issue and my wife was also telling me that lately when the washing machine empties water dwon the tube next to the laundry tub, water is backing up into the tub itself and then slowly going down... aha!!! I hope that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by caddishack View Post
                  Spoke to my water guy and he is coming to look at the RO unit and see whats going on...but here is something he told me and this could very well be the issue. I knew they existed but have never given it a thought. The laundry room faucet has a primer tube connected to it which sends a blast of water down to the drain in the basement to keep it from drying out. This connection can get stuck open and run continually. I bet this is the issue and my wife was also telling me that lately when the washing machine empties water dwon the tube next to the laundry tub, water is backing up into the tub itself and then slowly going down... aha!!! I hope that's it.
                  Did your water guy get this resolved?
                  plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Did your water guy get this resolved?
                    He is finally showing up today, although with this snow I somehow doubt it. It is the RO unit, as I pulled the waste hose out of the drain and it is constantly running. I can't turn the RO unit off because it is hooked up to the fridge and I have heard if the freezer calls for water to make ice, and it can't get it, then the solenoid freezes in the open position, so better to chug $2.00 a day in water until the unit is fixed I guess.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                    X