• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post

Simmer down top gun.

How are you pal?
    Doing great buddy!

Better than Doug...by the sounds of it, everyone's a critic!
    "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Samick View Post

Doing great buddy!

Better than Doug...by the sounds of it, everyone's a critic!
      Is it hard to follow the balls while you're hitting them at the driving range at Vic Park still?
      BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
      Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
      There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

This should be a reminder that we have total losers representing us (all parties). When Ford made the comment it was hilarious to hear everyone's reaction in the legislature "ooooooouuuuu" that was the reaction my class made when I was in grade 5 and a teacher accidentally swore. Now all these SJWs are saying it's sexist. There was nothing sexist about that comment. I wish we could get rid of all these people and see how well they'd do in the private sector. I think many would be dependent on govt support as they couldn't support themselves in the real world. They have been sucking off the public tit their entire "career" and have zero perception of reality. It's shocking to hear how they find a way to say everything is sexist or racist when they are criticized. If Andrea was black/asian/middle eastern they would absolutely be saying it's racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
          So, we have a thread complaining that the leader of an opposition party is always critical of the governing party?

Should we start threads about O'Toole, Singh, and Del Duca? It's exactly what they all do, and always have. Why are we centering out Horwath? Because Ford doesn't like the way her voice sounds?
          Exactly, she's just doing her job.

Just like O'Toole, who sometimes drives me nuts with his never-ending criticisms. It's his job.

"The duty of an Opposition is to oppose" - Sir Randolph Spencer Churchill.

Although it gets tedious at times, it's useful to look for the flaws in the governing party's actions. Ideally, they get improved by this.

I don't see Ford's remark as really being sexist or misogynist, more a case of a gender-specific slur. Just as one refers to people by gender-specific pronouns, or "Ms." vs. "Mr.".

If I lost my temper in Parliament, I'd call her a b!tch, but I'd call O'Toole an a$$hole. You'd never do it the other way around, that would be...... wrong.
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

I'm not sure where the "sexist" part is supposed to have been. Is "nails on a chalkboard" supposed to be a gender-specific insult? I've never known it to be so.

At any rate, I don't think anyone here is charging him with sexism.

Comment

I'm not sure where the "sexist" part is supposed to have been. Is "nails on a chalkboard" supposed to be a gender-specific insult? I've never known it to be so.

At any rate, I don't think anyone here is charging him with sexism.
              Not sure why sexist either other than perhaps females are considered to keep longer nails ? Isn't that assumption even not relevant in todays diverse society ?

then there is this.....was he referring to her as a female chimp ?

"Why fingernails on a blackboard stimulates such a strong aversive reaction is a mystery. A previous study, which earned an Ig Nobel Prize in 2006, found that frequencies in the middle of the audio range were the most irritating, and these frequencies are very similar to the warning cries of chimpanzees."
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by 73monte View Post
                This is how Doug Ford described listening to Andrea Horwath today. Have to admit, it's about time someone called her on her constant complaining. Along with the fact that she's a perennial loser. Should have been ousted a long time ago.
                "AnGrea Horwath"

Comment

So, we have a thread complaining that the leader of an opposition party is always critical of the governing party?

Should we start threads about O'Toole, Singh, and Del Duca? It's exactly what they all do, and always have. Why are we centering out Horwath? Because Ford doesn't like the way her voice sounds?
                  Criticism I expect but her approach is where I take issue. She sees the population as an endless source of cash that she can just pluck to fix every social issue possible. Not saying social issues don’t need addressing but she speaks like Ontario has the finances to do it all and do it right now. I don’t feel that is a fair approach. She would very quickly find herself a failed leader if she tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Criticism I expect but her approach is where I take issue. She sees the population as an endless source of cash that she can just pluck to fix every social issue possible. Not saying social issues don’t need addressing but she speaks like Ontario has the finances to do it all and do it right now. I don’t feel that is a fair approach. She would very quickly find herself a failed leader if she tried.
                    Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to her. How does she differ from other NDP leaders? Because what your describing sounds like a leader sticking to the NDP playbook.

Comment

Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to her. How does she differ from other NDP leaders? Because what your describing sounds like a leader sticking to the NDP playbook.
                      Well that explains part of what I never liked about NDP leaders in general. She just seems to take it to a new level. More likely to complain about what is being done than offering a workable solution.

Comment

Well that explains part of what I never liked about NDP leaders in general. She just seems to take it to a new level. More likely to complain about what is being done than offering a workable solution.
                        Didn't the NDP have the most reasonable platform last election with numbers to back it up? Did doogie even put one forward?

Comment

Has she taken it to Pierre Pollievre level yet?
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Didn't the NDP have the most reasonable platform last election with numbers to back it up? Did doogie even put one forward?
                            If reasonable is (and she said so in every TV ad she did) asking the wealthy to pay just a bit more......I don’t think that is reasonable at the tax rates we are at today. I am of course fiscally conservative leaning but not hard leaning. We pay a lot of taxes to our Gov’ts (and not just income tax). When is tax free day on average now? Middle of June? So we’re all spending the first half of the year to pay the Gov’t and the rest to pay ourselves.

Can you imagine if she’d won and had gone on a spending spree? Where would we be now with all the money that has unexpectedly been needed due to Covid? You can’t strip the pantry bare when you should have something for a rainy day.

Comment

If reasonable is (and she said so in every TV ad she did) asking the wealthy to pay just a bit more......I don’t think that is reasonable at the tax rates we are at today.
                              I don't think a percentage point for those at the top means anything to them other than crying about paying more taxes. Means even more for added services given the past year for those at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Has she taken it to Pierre Pollievre level yet?
                                They worry about Andrea but they forgot this guy . . . maybe he gets a pass because he is PC . . .
                                If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X