X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwelfgulfer
    replied
    Originally posted by Trips View Post

Apparently Ford has a surplus of $6.4 billion he hasn’t spent on Covid relief, we could start there?
    After that came out they quickly tried to squash the story saying they had spent everything. Then magically came up with 3.2B.

Leave a comment:

• Trips
    replied
    Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

If reasonable is (and she said so in every TV ad she did) asking the wealthy to pay just a bit more......I don’t think that is reasonable at the tax rates we are at today. I am of course fiscally conservative leaning but not hard leaning. We pay a lot of taxes to our Gov’ts (and not just income tax). When is tax free day on average now? Middle of June? So we’re all spending the first half of the year to pay the Gov’t and the rest to pay ourselves.

Can you imagine if she’d won and had gone on a spending spree? Where would we be now with all the money that has unexpectedly been needed due to Covid? You can’t strip the pantry bare when you should have something for a rainy day.
    Apparently Ford has a surplus of $6.4 billion he hasn’t spent on Covid relief, we could start there?

Leave a comment:

• Chambokl
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
    Besides, it's doogie F'n Ford... How much crying did that dumpster do with his brother for years... Where are all those efficiencies!!!
    That is the funniest thing. This guy and his brother were crying for 4 years at Town Council . . . Voting against EVERYTHING . . .

Leave a comment:

• dmcdam
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Plenty of people are calling Doug sexist over this.

The gist of it is that when powerful women get angry, they get shrill. So it's gender specific - you rarely hear of a male's speech described like that.

As said above, I don't agree with it, but it's a popular take.
    I get it - like if he described her criticisms as "nagging." Not sure I think it was meant to be sexist but it definitely made Ford sound thin skinned and dismissive.

Leave a comment:

• Gwelfgulfer
    replied
    Originally posted by gushamilton View Post
    I flipped my wig when she tried to label this as a misogynistic attack. What a soft world we've become when you can throw around baseless accusations like that (I blame the extreme left). AH does nothing but whine and pout from her little kiddie table as the opposition leader.
    Opposite could be that she has taken so much crap for so long (I'm sure most successful women can say the same) that she is just calling chit out now for the hell of it. It's not like there hasn't been a day of reckoning coming for some time, and the last 2 years should have shown that.

Besides, it's doogie F'n Ford... How much crying did that dumpster do with his brother for years... Where are all those efficiencies!!!
    Last edited by Gwelfgulfer; Feb 18, 2021, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gushamilton
    replied
    I flipped my wig when she tried to label this as a misogynistic attack. What a soft world we've become when you can throw around baseless accusations like that (I blame the extreme left). AH does nothing but whine and pout from her little kiddie table as the opposition leader.

Leave a comment:

• Gwelfgulfer
    replied
    Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
    If Horwath had been quicker on her feet she might have responded with something in equally poor taste like......How would the Premier know what nails being scraped against a blackboard sounded like? He was too busy spending his time at school dealing drugs.
    I was thinking something easier like 'stop giving me so many reasons to complain'.

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied
    If Horwath had been quicker on her feet she might have responded with something in equally poor taste like......How would the Premier know what nails being scraped against a blackboard sounded like? He was too busy spending his time at school dealing drugs.

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius Reilly
    replied
    Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
    I'm not sure where the "sexist" part is supposed to have been. Is "nails on a chalkboard" supposed to be a gender-specific insult? I've never known it to be so.

At any rate, I don't think anyone here is charging him with sexism.
    Plenty of people are calling Doug sexist over this.

The gist of it is that when powerful women get angry, they get shrill. So it's gender specific - you rarely hear of a male's speech described like that.

As said above, I don't agree with it, but it's a popular take.

Leave a comment:

• IrishGuy1979
    replied
    "too"

Leave a comment:

• Geeve1008
    replied
    If this is considered sexist....lmao the world is legit becoming a joke. Everybody is way to sensitive

Leave a comment:

• Section ThirtyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by threeputt View Post

He was moved from finance critic to critic for jobs and industry which is a new role.
    I'm surprised he hasn't been sued, some of the statements he has made are borderline slander. Calling people criminals and such, without a shred of evidence to support it.

I understand the need to be critical while being part of the official opposition, but the delivery of said criticism could be much improved.

Leave a comment:

• Gwelfgulfer
    replied
    Originally posted by threeputt View Post

He was moved from finance critic to critic for jobs and industry which is a new role.
    So will be crying about job creation and how the Libs aren't doing a good enough job of it during a pandemic, typical polli

Leave a comment:

• threeputt
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post

Pierre got demoted recently - didn't he?

Leave a comment:

• IrishGuy1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
    Has she taken it to Pierre Pollievre level yet?
    Pierre got demoted recently - didn't he?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
X