• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golfingoalie
    replied
    Originally posted by Samick View Post

Doing great buddy!

Better than Doug...by the sounds of it, everyone's a critic!
    Is it hard to follow the balls while you're hitting them at the driving range at Vic Park still?

Leave a comment:

• Samick
    replied
    Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post

Simmer down top gun.

How are you pal?
    Doing great buddy!

Better than Doug...by the sounds of it, everyone's a critic!

Leave a comment:

• Section ThirtyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Mule56 View Post

I had a GM that during a finger pointing meeting stopped everyone and said these never forgotten words. " Most fools can find find the problem, it takes a leader to find the solultion". Every time I hear her speak, it reminds me of that statement.
    Truth.

This is one of the reasons I hold 'attack ads' in such low regard. They are typically full of bluster and point out mistakes made by others, but rarely (never?) include any ideas of their own as to how it could have been done better.

Leave a comment:

• Mule56
    replied
    Originally posted by soccerguy1961 View Post
    Its been said many times the easiest job in politics is to be the leader of the opposition. Never have to put anything in place and just have to criticize everything.

She does a good job of criticizing everything.

I had a GM that during a finger pointing meeting stopped everyone and said these never forgotten words. " Most fools can find find the problem, it takes a leader to find the solultion". Every time I hear her speak, it reminds me of that statement.

Leave a comment:

• Pimento Cheese
    replied
    So, we have a thread complaining that the leader of an opposition party is always critical of the governing party?

Should we start threads about O'Toole, Singh, and Del Duca? It's exactly what they all do, and always have. Why are we centering out Horwath? Because Ford doesn't like the way her voice sounds?

Leave a comment:

• golfingoalie
    replied
    Originally posted by Samick View Post

Simmer down Snickers

I thought it was humorous...but not very professional.
    Simmer down top gun.

How are you pal?

Leave a comment:

• Samick
    replied
    Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
    Where are the mods, he should be banned for making such a statement....oops sorry wrong thread
    Simmer down Snickers

I thought it was humorous...but not very professional.

Leave a comment:

• soccerguy1961
    replied
    Its been said many times the easiest job in politics is to be the leader of the opposition. Never have to put anything in place and just have to criticize everything.

She does a good job of criticizing everything.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    Originally posted by 73monte View Post

"Guess" I should have been more clear. I'm referring to her track record as leader of the NDP in Provincial elections. I'll try to be more obvious in the future.
    In reality, that applies to any NDP leader in Ontario or Nationally save Bob Rae. Jack Layton had the same record but I would hesitate to call him a loser.

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied
    Unfortunately in all of this Horwaths message was lost.

Medical experts are greatly concerned that the lessening of controls, at a time when new Covid variants are emerging, along with a lack of criteria for reaction in the case of an expected explosion of cases, is an absolute recipe for disaster.
    What will it take to trigger Ontario’s COVID-19 ‘emergency brake’? Health official says the province is still trying to figure that out | The Star

Just as Ford is prepared to step on the gas, we are appreciating that the so called "emergency brake" lacks instruction on when it aught to be applied. I suppose we should put as much trust in this pronouncement as the one of imposing an "iron ring" around nursing homes - that worked so well.

The concern expressed by Horwath is legitimate. It is unfortunate that it is trivialized as one more expression of perpetual shrill grating.

By characterizing Horwath as a "the sky is falling" Chicken Little.... I can't shake the image of Ford as Tukey Lurkey and the entire Provincial Legislature filled with a cast of barnyard animals bumbling it's way through an alien invasion of a pandemic.

Leave a comment:

• 73monte
    replied
    Originally posted by Trips View Post

I guess you missed the part where she has been winning elections since 1997? No need to look it up, it was in my first statement. Looks like it has been laid out here for you as well.
    "Guess" I should have been more clear. I'm referring to her track record as leader of the NDP in Provincial elections. I'll try to be more obvious in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Trips
    replied
    Originally posted by 73monte View Post

Actually, since the NDP has never won under her leadership, that makes her a perennial loser. That would be a fact, and not simply my opinion. You can look it up for yourself if you like.
    I guess you missed the part where she has been winning elections since 1997? No need to look it up, it was in my first statement. Looks like it has been laid out here for you as well.

Leave a comment:

• golfingoalie
    replied
    Where are the mods, he should be banned for making such a statement....oops sorry wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• Weirfan
    replied
    a dumb thing for Ford to say ( true or not) ....he's such a fool

Leave a comment:

• 4wedges
    replied
    Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Actually you are wrong, she has won all of her election in her riding . . . She won 3 times as Councillor for the City of Hamilton and won the her riding 5 times . . . that is a lot of winning. I wonder how many election did you win?

Ford won Councillor once and his Provincial riding once and the Party won the Province . . . It would had been Patrick Brown as Premier in 2018 but we all know what happen . . .

Score seems to be 8-2 . . . Lots of winning . . .

As for Trudeau if you are interested he has won his riding 5 times . . .

Editing done: Thanks IrishGuy . . .
    Now that would have been scary.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X