Collapse

No RIP's for Rush Limbaugh?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

"Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried announced Monday that she would disregard an order by Gov. Ron DeSantis to lower flags in the state to half-staff to pay tribute to Limbaugh, the conservative firebrand radio host who died last week after a battle with lung cancer."

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool,” Fried, a Democrat, said in a statement. “Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh — because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division. Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them. Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”
    "Nicole Heather Fried is an American lawyer from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and the 12th Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services. She is the first woman elected to the position, the first Democrat to hold it since 2001, and currently the only Democratic statewide elected official in Florida."
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
    Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
    Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
    Ping G400 4H - 22*
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by paperclip View Post
      This thread is getting ridongkulous. To get back to the original topic, how many of you have actually "listened" to Rush?

Yes I listened & then changed the channel. Being conservative is one thing. What he did and the divisiness/hatred he espoused was something else.

Comment

• Good for her. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

"Nicole Heather Fried is an American lawyer from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and the 12th Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services. She is the first woman elected to the position, the first Democrat to hold it since 2001, and currently the only Democratic statewide elected official in Florida."
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• All US Federal building will have their flags at half mast (next 5 days) in memory of the 500 000 people that died of covid.
          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
            All US Federal building will have their flags at half mast (next 5 days) in memory of the 500 000 people that died of covid.
            trump will say it’s also for Limbaugh
            Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
            Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
            Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
            Ping G400 4H - 22*
            Ping G400 5 - UW
            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
            Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
            Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

You’re laughing now but.....I bet he does.

Comment

No doubt about it . . .
                If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

he's predictably going out on a Limb. LOL

I suspect he's looking to the future when it's his turn.
                  I hope Nikki Fried will still have those strong feelings then too.
                  "because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division. Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them. Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”
                  https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/twitter/...2x72/1f44f.pnghttps://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/twitter/...2x72/1f44f.pnghttps://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/twitter/...2x72/1f44f.pnghttps://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/twitter/...2x72/1f44f.pnghttps://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/twitter/...2x72/1f44f.png
                  Last edited by bl8d; Feb 23, 2021, 09:03 PM.
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Yes I listened & then changed the channel. Being conservative is one thing. What he did and the divisiness/hatred he espoused was something else.
                    What divisiveness and hatred was he espousing?
                    My Weapons of Grass Destruction:
                    Titleist TS2 10.5*
                    Titleist 917F2 15*
                    Titleist 818H1 19*
                    Titleist 716 AP2 4-P
                    Vokey SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M
                    Odyssey Black Series 3
                    Round white things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

Comment

It seems pretty easy to simply search things now with this whole interweb thing, that if you can't find these things, or don't see an issue with them or him, that you might be part of the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

It seems pretty easy to simply search things now with this whole interweb thing, that if you can't find these things, or don't see an issue with them or him, that you might be part of the problem.
                        That, plus the fact that if someone needs to do internet searches to find out that Rush Limbaugh espoused divisiveness and hatred, they're probably not qualified to be defending him in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

That, plus the fact that if someone needs to do internet searches to find out that Rush Limbaugh espoused divisiveness and hatred, they're probably not qualified to be defending him in the first place.
                          They were part of his target audience, which isn't exactly a venerable distinction to be in.

Comment

Some greats. Please defend as non-offensive.

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

Obama is “more African in his roots than he is American” and is “behaving like an African colonial despot.”

You’re a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out.”

"affirmative action candidate"

Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                              [B]Some greats. Please defend as non-offensive.
                              I'll add in a few:

"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."

"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it's Caucasians. The white race has probably had fewer slaves and for a briefer period of time than any other in the history of the world."

Limbaugh called Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute” after she publicly advocated for universal contraception coverage.

Just a good person, how can anybody see anything other than he was just a good person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Thanks for advising that I might be part of some sort of problem, I appreciate it!
                                My Weapons of Grass Destruction:
                                Titleist TS2 10.5*
                                Titleist 917F2 15*
                                Titleist 818H1 19*
                                Titleist 716 AP2 4-P
                                Vokey SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M
                                Odyssey Black Series 3
                                Round white things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X