Collapse

Ontario Parks

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Parks

Not a rant, but what you have to do to book a camp site. You can book a site today for 5 months from now, July 18th in this case. My son and I both used 2 computers each to make this happen. We wanted to go to Lake of Two Rivers in Algonquin P.P. There was 1 site still available at the East Campground by the lake for my trailer size. 1 site available in the Southwest Campground and 4 sites in the Northwest Campground. We both had 1 computer set up for the 1 site in the East, he had his 2nd set for the 1 in the Southwest and I had my 2nd set for 1 in the Northwest. At 7:00:00am we hit our buttons and lucky for us, I got my 2nd choice. He was shut out. When the time on the clock hits 7:00:00 and you click your mouse, you have less than a 1/10 of a second. In that time, you can lose the site to someone else. I had a practice run yesterday on another site and lost out there too. Today, I set up my timer on my iPhone and when it hit 1 second, I clicked the mouse. Maybe that helped.

And you think it is hard getting a tee time during these COVID times.
    Ping Rapture 7.5* Driver, Aldila VS 65-S
    Ping Rapture 14* 3 Wood, Aldila VS 85-S
    Ping Rapture 17* 5 Wood, Aldila VS 85-S
    Ping Rapture 21* & 24* Hybrids, Aldila VS 80-S
    Ping S56 Irons, 5 to 9, PW, Aldila VS 85-S (new)
    Ping Tour S, 52/12*, 58/12*,Aldila VS 85-S (new)
    Ping 36" Nome 355 Putter, Super Stroke 2.0
    Ping "Latitude" Carry Bag
    Nikon Laser 500G Rangefinder

Ya what a pain. My daughter was schooling my wife on the ins and outs. We lucked out with a cottage rental on AirBnB and hoping to get some camping in. Had a few days in Pinery last summer but got pulled.

Comment

Same issue with trying to rent a cottage or booking a resort.

demand is so high as people have not much else to do and cannot travel or are not willing to risk booking something to Europe, even other parts of Canada due to restrictions.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I am very happy to have a getaway on rice lake,no hydro,no toilet, the wife says she went go there .

Comment

Along the same lines, I just booked a tentative trip southwest US in December (refundable points for flight and refundable room for portion of days) I was speaking with a travel agent client and said she is getting very busy with pent up demand for this fall and even next spring. I kind of had the same feeling this would happen. If things open up to semi-normal, there will be a mad rush to book Caribbean and similar points south with prices commiserate. Given the items I have booked are cancellable I figure there was no risk in booking and getting my spot in line. I have a few more nights to fill in for a mini road trip and will take care of it shortly.

Summer will be a staycation with enough to do around the house.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
            I am very happy to have a getaway on rice lake,no hydro,no toilet, the wife says she went go there .
            Is that lake still weed central? My Moms cousins family had a cottage there many years ago.

Comment

There is a 'system time' button that will pull up a clock so you are clicking on their time.
              Apparently last Saturday there were 7000 people trying to click for sites at 7AM..

I had been trying to book within a group of site that I like for weeks before changing parks to get something else.
              Challenging for sure
              TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
              TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
              TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
              Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
              Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
              100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

Is that lake still weed central? My Moms cousins family had a cottage there many years ago.
                Lots of weeds is an understatement,

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

LOL Smoke on the water, if you get my drift. So I've been told.
                  things change

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post

Lots of weeds is an understatement,
                    Haven't been in 10 years but used to have a buddy with a trailer there, weeds , yes, but fishing was pretty great
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

if you still have the means to buy a cottage property do so before prices really go nuts. It is a long term investment. The reason Europeans travel outside their country is that a local " summer cottage property is virtually unobtainable for them.
                      things change

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                        if you still have the means to buy a cottage property do so before prices really go nuts. It is a long term investment. The reason Europeans travel outside their country is that a local " summer cottage property is virtually unobtainable for them.
                        I'm looking at $650k for any decent cottage not on water. But then $100k more gets more of a house. It's nuts.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                        X