Collapse

Any Hot Tub Guru's?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Hot Tub Guru's?

Looking to buy a hot tub and it sounds like they're still flying off the shelves so want to get this sorted out quickly.
    I'm looking for a plug and play model so 110V, and just a 3 or 4 seater.
    I'm almost sold on this model so looking for any input on this or something better: https://www.freeflowspas.com/collect...products/azure

Thanks,

That's actually a good size for 2 people(more can fit, sure).

A couple of notes. This will heavily tax any circuit it gets plugged into, so if you have a separate outlet outside, it would be good if nothing else is on it.
    You will need a step unless you are planning on placing it next to your deck.
    You will need the cover lifter. Without that, you will be taking the cover completely off each time. Not something you want to be doing after a tub in Feb.
    Also, you cannot run the heater and the jets at the same time on a wall outlet. I'm not sure what the temp drop would be in winter time.

The reviews look good. Don't have any other specifics about the model. A last piece of advice is to make sure that it is your wifes idea to get one. Then she does the maintenance.

Comment

That should not be just an off the cuff decision . How do you want to use it . . . as a toy or actually for something to enjoy the benefit of hot water and jets. It is actually awesome for your body . . . I have seen many people buy one of those and 2 month later regret it. For example mine is more in the $15K+ but I had a hot tub for 25 years. I use it more in the winter than the summer. I don't care if it is -30C outside I am in the tub. 15/20 minutes pretty much 5 or 6 times / week. I would recommend you do lots of research . . . You pretty much need 220V especially if you want the jets to actually work . . . maybe you didn't want to hear this but that is what I think.

I could post a picture if you are interested. Mine is actually part of the deck . . . so up about 12 inches from the deck to make it easy to get in.
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
        That should not be just an off the cuff decision . How do you want to use it . . . as a toy or actually for something to enjoy the benefit of hot water and jets. It is actually awesome for your body . . . I have seen many people buy one of those and 2 month later regret it. For example mine is more in the $15K+ but I had a hot tub for 25 years. I use it more in the winter than the summer. I don't care if it is -30C outside I am in the tub. 15/20 minutes pretty much 5 or 6 times / week. I would recommend you do lots of research . . . You pretty much need 220V especially if you want the jets to actually work . . . maybe you didn't want to hear this but that is what I think.

I could post a picture if you are interested. Mine is actually part of the deck . . . so up about 12 inches from the deck to make it easy to get in.
        I agree re the winter. There is nothing like sitting there with the steam roaring off the water and even better if it's snowing. How about a disgusting hot tub story. We had a bunch of people over for a backyard party and one lady who probably weighed 350 sat in the tub for hours. When she got out, she said that's the cleanest I've been in years. OK time to empty the tub!
        Last edited by davepratt; Feb 18, 2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Our is installed right at the end of the deck, so maybe sits up 8-10 inches. Really easy to get in and out of. Used a lot fall to spring, not so much in summer. Ours is hardwired to 220 on it's own breaker with an external one so any service can be done without us being there.
          No one ever uses it except us. As the guy at the store we got it from said "Do you really want to share your hottub with a bunch of mostly naked strangers?"

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
            As the guy at the store we got it from said "Do you really want to share your hottub with a bunch of mostly naked strangers?"
            That question might sound rhetorical and I think it is, but I bet my answer isn't the same as yours ;-).

Comment

Our is installed right at the end of the deck, so maybe sits up 8-10 inches. Really easy to get in and out of. Used a lot fall to spring, not so much in summer. Ours is hardwired to 220 on it's own breaker with an external one so any service can be done without us being there.
              No one ever uses it except us. As the guy at the store we got it from said "Do you really want to share your hottub with a bunch of mostly naked strangers?"
              I think this might be the law now . . .external breaker . . .

Comment

Thanks so far for the responses...some more context, this is the next step in a multi faceted garage reno so not a whim. Dedicated circuit is run, concrete floor poured and leveled, space is there, etc.
                We’re definitely getting a tub so just want to see if there’s feedback on this or similar models and I want to get it ordered soon so it’s in by late summer.
                i realize it’s not top of the line by any means, but I do struggle with back pain and while not crippling by any means I look forward to a soak almost every night and definitely Sunday afternoons in the fall after golf...also have a projector screen in the garage for football/PGA watching.

Comment

Winter hot-tubbing is the best! But we tend to look for brighter days with little wind. I can step into mine from our back deck.

I believe external breaker is required and it has to be in VIEW of the tub too. Ours is.

Comment

Originally posted by silentrob View Post
                    Thanks so far for the responses...some more context, this is the next step in a multi faceted garage reno so not a whim. Dedicated circuit is run, concrete floor poured and leveled, space is there, etc.
                    We’re definitely getting a tub so just want to see if there’s feedback on this or similar models and I want to get it ordered soon so it’s in by late summer.
                    i realize it’s not top of the line by any means, but I do struggle with back pain and while not crippling by any means I look forward to a soak almost every night and definitely Sunday afternoons in the fall after golf...also have a projector screen in the garage for football/PGA watching.
                    So you are putting it in the garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                      Winter hot-tubbing is the best! But we tend to look for brighter days with little wind. I can step into mine from our back deck.

I believe external breaker is required and it has to be in VIEW of the tub too. Ours is.
                      Or is it that it can't be within a certain distance of the tub? Apart from the tub itself, the most expensive part was the wiring from the inside to the outside box and then the tub.

Comment

Originally posted by silentrob View Post
                        You are going to end up with a swamp in your garage.

Comment

Or is it that it can't be within a certain distance of the tub? Apart from the tub itself, the most expensive part was the wiring from the inside to the outside box and then the tub.
                          That too. You can’t be able to reach it from the tub - there may be a specific distance but I don’t recall now - but pretty certain it had to be in sight so that anyone using it would be able to find it easily in an emergency?

Comment

In my tub pretty much every night for 15 minutes.

220 volt hard wiring outside and it was about $13k.

Best on cold winter nights even though I have to walk out for 20 seconds in the backyard to get to it.

I recommend Bullfrog.

bladerunner

Comment

I'm going off memory external breaker with a lockout for service.
                              I would not buy a 110 V tub in an Ontario climate.
                              The difference between a massage with aerated water and non-aerated water is incredible. Aerated water will cool the tub much faster hence the need for 220V.
                              I would not consider a model without two identical pumps. There is typically a main pump and a secondary pump both capable of two speeds. If the main goes you could end up with a frozen tub. I have swapped my own out in such a circumstance.
                              Makes sure to shut off aeration to keep your costs down when filter cycles kick in.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X