Collapse

Any Hot Tub Guru's?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

You are going to end up with a swamp in your garage.
    Why do you think that? I’ve got a large exhaust fan installed and ready to pull out the moisture, moisture resistant drywall, and not done yet but I’ll put down some kind of floor tile.

Comment

Originally posted by silentrob View Post

Why do you think that? I’ve got a large exhaust fan installed and ready to pull out the moisture, moisture resistant drywall, and not done yet but I’ll put down some kind of floor tile.
      Even if you have your garage heated to indoor room temperatures, as soon as you lift the cover off, you're going to have a 30 degree difference(old school). You're going to have way more evaporation off the tub than even having a 20 minute shower. If the garage is not heated, it will be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by silentrob View Post

If you are inside you don't need one the higher model. Some have very good isolation which obviously you don't need.

So cost will be pumps (like Bern said) and jets. You should be able to get something decent . . . trust us (pump, jets and 220V) is really important . . .good luck.
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

If you go with 220V you need to have a GFCI ($200) breaker installed outside for service. Then you typically need #8 wire at 50A. If you are looking at spending $5k on the unit you listed you might as well spend a few more k and get a bigger unit rated at 220V. It will give you better heating and jets.

My only other recommendation is to get a bigger unit, you won't regret it, especially if you think you might have the occasional party. Buy a standard size unit as well so it is easy to find a cover replacement which you will need every so often but if it is in the garage than it should last a long time not exposed to the elements.

The last thing is the maintenance, use Spa solution or Spa Marvel as you main cleaning agent ($50 every 3 months). You will still need Chlor but you use a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post

I agree re the winter. There is nothing like sitting there with the steam roaring off the water and even better if it's snowing. How about a disgusting hot tub story. We had a bunch of people over for a backyard party and one lady who probably weighed 350 sat in the tub for hours. When she got out, she said that's the cleanest I've been in years. OK time to empty the tub!
            couldnt find a puke emoji

Comment

One came with our place inn PEC. We use it all the time. far more than I would have thought. Using it a lot in the winter. I also know people that have got a HT but sold it after a year or so because they never used it.
              Last edited by 51Phantom; Feb 19, 2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post
                How about a disgusting hot tub story. We had a bunch of people over for a backyard party and one lady who probably weighed 350 sat in the tub for hours. When she got out, she said that's the cleanest I've been in years. OK time to empty the tub!
                I'd have broken out the sawzall and cut the tub into 4 pieces.
                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                Srixon Star XV
                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews