Collapse

Electric snowblower

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    This seems like an opportunity for Elon Musk.

Electric snowblowers have a huge (deserved) rep as not being up to handling heavy loads.

And yet you can buy a 4-door sedan from Tesla that will outsprint most of the other cars on the planet, including a fair whack of exotics. So.... it seems like you could build a decent snowblower if you wanted to.
    I have been investing in electric machinery. Cars, plane, JetSki, SkiDoo, snow blower, . . . . it seems to be a couple of years away max from something really super. The batteries are coming . . . lots of companies coming public with out of this world batteries . . . that will be the game changer (and it is not far away)
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I have a Snowjoe electric snowblower and it is fantastic. We have a double width, double length driveway and it takes me less than 10 minutes to clean it. It is a single stage (I have no idea what the difference is between single stage and two stage). I bought it at Lowe’s on sale for $200.00. I’ve uses it 3 times so far this year. Prior to this year we had a service to clean our driveway. Last year it cost $406 and the guy came twice. The second time was near the end of the season. There was just a small amount of snow but I assume the guy was feeling guilty about only coming once. So, I’ve saved over $200 this year and will save over $400 each year in the future. By the way, the wind blows snow onto our walk against the garage wall. After the big storm last week the snow on the walk was about 3 feet deep. The snowblower easily cleared the snow. I have nothing but good things to say about Snowjoe.

Comment

I have the EGO snow blower and used it last year with no issues. Our old neighborhood was always the last to get plowed so I would always clear the bottom of our driveway before they came. I'd imagine it would struggle with the built up ice chunks you get in that situation. In terms of snow height, I cleared packing snow pretty easily and snow drifts that were higher then the front housing pretty well. I never had an issue with the cold weather regarding it starting or dying quickly. What does happen is if you just hammer it into thick or heavy snow the overload light comes on and that is what can bring the charge down quicker.

We're in between houses at the moment so I have not used it this year.

I also have the lawn mower, trimmer and leaf blower. Would recommend all of them if your in the market for electric cordless.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
        X