Collapse

Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy

I have a recommendation for you. CNN's Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy is an engrossing look at various regions of Italy through the medium of food. It's a visual, cultural and culinary feast. My wife and I loved the first episode in which he explored areas of the Compania region.
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

He's a very engaging man - looking forward to the rest of the show.
    TM AeroBurner 1 Driver 10.5 degree
    Callaway Razr Hawk 3W
    TM Rocketballz Stage 1 5W
    Nike Vapor Flex Hybrid 4H 23
    TM Rocketballz Stage 1 5I-PW
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52-8/56-8
    Performer High Loft 64
    Taylor Made Ghost 35" putter

Comment

We really enjoyed the first episode, but almost in unison commented, he is not Anthony Bourdain ....

Comment

You're right. He doesn't have Bourdain's personality or ability to relate to people. That said, he has his own charm, which is much more reserved. Wouldn't you just love to travel to the areas he featured and dine at all of the restaurants he visited? My wife and I would run there.

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post
        We really enjoyed the first episode, but almost in unison commented, he is not Anthony Bourdain ....
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Only seen bits and pieces of the show. A marvelous feast for the eyes from what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
            You're right. He doesn't have Bourdain's personality or ability to relate to people. That said, he has his own charm, which is much more reserved. Wouldn't you just love to travel to the areas he featured and dine at all of the restaurants he visited? My wife and I would run there.

The Rome episode was very good

Comment

Well produced show. The flow is excellent. Weird it being on CNN. The Italian part of me likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post

Love the show, would really like to travel the featured areas and dine at all of them as you said and just take it all in. My mom was born and grew up in Corleone Sicily and my dad was born in Cosenza in Calabria, it was so interesting listening to stories they used to tell around the supper table

Thomas4golf

Titleist TS2 / Kuro-Kage Black Dual Core
                Callaway XR Hybrids, 4,5,6 / Accra i-Series
                6 - PW Miura TC-201- Mitsubishi MMT 60
                Miura Tour Wedge, 52* 56* 60* / Project X LZ
                Taylormade Spider X Chalk # 3
                SM C-130 Cart Bag
                Stewart X9 Remote
                Leupold GX/3i
                Member of Cedar Brae G&C Club

Comment

What I am enjoying is the realization that great cities like Rome, deserve time, not the usual quick run to the 8 TripAdvisor must sees

Comment

My maternal grandmother, who I was very close with was born in Calabria.

Comment

My mother was born in Ischia. Rarely see it on travel shows. Used to spend summers there with all my aunts and cousins as a kid. Was a treat. Love Stanley.
                      Driver: yup..5 of those
                      3 Wood: 'bout 4
                      Hybrid: few..couple of tour issue
                      Irons: Too many but AP2 for now
                      Wedges: Lots
                      Putter: A016836

Comment

Originally posted by Blassy View Post
                        My mother was born in Ischia. Rarely see it on travel shows. Used to spend summers there with all my aunts and cousins as a kid. Was a treat. Love Stanley.
                        What a lovely place that is and actually preferred it to Capri.

Comment

I was born in Piedmonte. Whatever algorithms the cyber world uses I am bombarded with adds to watch this show. I'll do it at some point, perhaps after a nice truffle, cinghiale meal and a good Barolo.

Comment

I got over the "I wish he was Bourdain" and started recording the whole series. I watched the first and second, and enjoyed them.

I may never get to all those parts of Italy, but what a great way to peek in!
                            Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                            Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                            Nike 23 degree hybrid
                            Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                            Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                            Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post
                              There's only one AB. Glad he's not trying to replicate him. For some reason I'd like to know how much these restaurant and cafe meals cost.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X