No announcement yet.
Collapse

God & Republicans

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the title thread. I was reading the CNN article and the family's response and their insistence that it was about their religious ideology.

There are way too many who seem to think that Christian=Republican=Good, Democrat=Bad and it is as simple as that.

Again most people are religious, so the tables mean nothing until you ask how devout and yes the more devout the %, voting Republican is 80%+ and it is based on very little outside their stance on abortion, LGBTQ.....

And who is the Catholic????? Biden, yet it doesn't matter as we can see it is the thrice married, adulterer, misogynistic, sexist non-church going Republican that they support.
    Last edited by golfingtime; Feb 23, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

OK remove the chip from your shoulder for a moment.

Where did it say 'problem' in my posting?
      What was referenced was historical fact/perspective. Just as the January 6th 2021 insurrection in Washington closely mirrored the coup attempt of Charles I on January 4th 1642.

Also referenced was a study of African-American religious institutions.

How much fairer and impartial can one get.

Last night there was an interview with an American history teacher Sharon McMahon who has a popular social media account. According to Sharon, the major issue/problem causing the divide in US politics is that all media commentary/stories have a bias. Either that of the author, the editor, or the publisher. That has always been true. Highly educated people, and those who consume large amounts of media realize this. They also realize that heritage/mainstream media although biased, prints/broadcasts primarily verifiable and/or fact checked stories and will recant/apologize for errors. Alternate media sites often print/broadcast outright fabrications. Unfortunately in her opinion a great many Trump supporters cannot discern the difference. If they read/hear something from the heritage/mainstream media that disagrees with their opinions/beliefs they discount it as being 'fake' news, rather than accepting that it is actually based in fact, but 'slanted'. Whereas much of what Trump tweeted/stated or that alternate media prints/broadcasts is quite baseless/untrue and not based on fact and/or evidence. By spreading 'fake news' Trumpists have managed to confuse their most ardent supporters so that they cannot readily discern what is true and what is not.
      Dude - I didn't reference or quote your post. I have no chip. I'm not a God guy.

Comment

Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

Dude - I didn't reference or quote your post. I have no chip. I'm not a God guy.
        Sorry it was SA2 who referenced it. You quoted him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Meh, you say racism others think it's just a 'differing opinion'...
          Different world view, which it is.
          In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
          and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Different world view, which it is.
            The one not grounded in hate and bigotry?

Comment

Kind of like the way you speak of the religious right? Do you have evangelical conservative phobia?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

Kind of like the way you speak of the religious right? Do you have evangelical conservative phobia?
                A disdain for their hypocrisy is not a phobia it's more of a logical conclusion.

Comment

Different world views can be grounded in many things, some good, some not so good.
                  In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                  and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Different world views can be grounded in many things, some good, some not so good.
                    Doesn't make them right...

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

A disdain for their hypocrisy is not a phobia it's more of a logical conclusion.
                      why is it that when people criticize islam for some of the abhorrent practices carried out in certain countries they are always considered Islamophobic but when people criticize the religious conservatives in the U.S., it's a 'logical conclusion'?

Comment

I dislike all organized religion, regardless of what it is. Individual faith if needed, but believe in yourself before fairytales. So the fact you try and get me to single one out to try and push your chit narrative yet again is telling... I feel the same about religion as you basically, not needed and hard to understand their relevance in the 21st century.

Comment

why is it that when people criticize islam for some of the abhorrent practices carried out in certain countries they are always considered Islamophobic but when people criticize the religious conservatives in the U.S., it's a 'logical conclusion'?
                          So what about Islam or Muslims? You are a one-trick pony.

I have no time for some interpretations of Sharia law. I'm down for criticizing abhorrent practices in general as well as blatant hypocrisy. It ain't about God, it's about abiding by one version of religious doctrine in a Republic supposedly not governed by religion.

Comment

I have no time for some interpretations of Sharia law. I'm down for criticizing abhorrent practices in general as well as blatant hypocrisy. It ain't about God, it's about abiding by one version of religious doctrine in a Republic supposedly not governed by religion.
                            I don't think you are allowed to think/say that, it makes it harder to whatabout.

Comment

My point is that conservative evangelicals are far from religious hardliners. The only real hardline positions that evangelical conservatives take are on abortion and gay marriage; and with regards to the latter, from what I can see, most of them just don’t want the state involved in marriage at all.

Comment

My point is that conservative evangelicals are far from religious hardliners. The only real hardline positions that evangelical conservatives take are on abortion and gay marriage; and with regards to the latter, from what I can see, most of them just don’t want the state involved in marriage at all.
                                Really???
                                Then why bring up Muslims at all?

Unfortunately, the evangelicals feel the only religion is their religion. Members of congress stating that it's not lawful to testify or proclaim an oath on anything other than a bible, How many examples would you like?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X