/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Post Covid Spending Spree - Are You Doing It ???

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Covid Spending Spree - Are You Doing It ???

Hope this is not too much of a personal question, but what are your thoughts (and maybe your plans, as well) on whether there will be a boom in spending by people post Covid.
    IOW, will it happen, and if not, why not?

Maybe too high private debt/mortgage load, uncertainty about the future, plans to save and "refill" exhausted savings, jobs NOT coming back in huge numbers and so on ...

As my Wife and I concerned, no spending spree for the two of us, other than my golfing, my Wife's probably last trip to her native Country of Philippines, good and healthy groceries, aaannnddd, maybe assemble, finally, an SL iron set/half set and give it a try this Season
    Last edited by veryold; Jun 5, 2021, 03:47 PM.

The only 'spree' I am going on is to buy new clubs this summer. Most of my set, aside from the driver & 2 wedges, go back to 2006. I've been lucky in that my income has actually increased the last couple of years, and have been paying down debt and saving it. I'm not going on a big spree or anything like that.

Comment

I am fairly practical and even frugal with expenditures so see no "big spending spree".

there are a few things that I need that i have put off with covid like replace my 27 year old fridge and stove, install new flooring in the LR/DR, buy some shutters blinds for windows.
      i have cancelled some annual trips I will resume and have a milestone bday this year so am planning a trip for that.......hmmm, all that means probably wont have any money for a any other things
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I think a lot of people will spend a lot either via children activities, travels, restaurants.

Comment

I think many will simply get back to pre Covid spending at some point which might look like a bit of a spree.

Comment

If it involved international vacations then yes.

I was sad to see that 23% of Canadians surveyed thought they would never leave the country again due to COVID and others thought not before 2023 at the earliest.

bladerunner

Comment

I’ve been selling and buying golf wise - trying to keep it cost neutral.
              all for that UK trip that will come - have picked up full goretex rain gear, a waterproof golf bag an extra pair of shoes with the proceeds of the sales of my extras

Comment

Household income in 2020 was down about 50%.
                Expenditures down less than that.

Ongoing employment is tenuous due to multiple factors most beyond my control.

When things do return to 'normal' I would like to:
                1. Make a decision on a new automobile.
                2. Travel to the UK. Not for golf but with my wife.
                3. Purchase a set of 'new to me' irons (Mizuno please)
                4. Sell the house and downsize
                5. Return to being able to attend live theatre/concerts
                I believe that counts as considerable economic activity if not 'spending'.

Comment

Not sure if there is actual "end" to covid. High on my list is travel with my family. Initially within Canada, then USA, then overseas. But that is just getting back to what we normally do. A major home renovation is also in the cards. Its been 15 years since our last one. Lastly, loooking to replace two cars to full EV.

Comment

definitely no golf club purchases planned , and other than the 2 aforementioned games in June , no trips, other than to the cottage, either.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Looking at buying a new driver, 3 wood, and a new putter. All before the season starts hopefully.

Comment

I would like to go visit my brother in DC, I haven't seen him since he was in a life-threatening accident. That's about it.

Comment

I think the economy is going to explode post covid ,kind of like a post war boom.

Comment

Originally posted by steveooo View Post
                            I think the economy is going to explode post covid ,kind of like a post war boom.
                            I agree with this. I don't think that an economic rut is going to be that deep, once things get to some assemblence of what ever the new normal is going to be, people will return to the way things were. Then again, I only pretend to have a clue on here for entertainment sake.

We didn't change our purchasing habits all that much over the last year. Hell, the wife has a $2k gaming PC we built for her that has likely less than 5 hours use on it in the last 8 months. Got a trumpet yesterday...

Comment

I kind of like the look of that EGO Snow Blower.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X