No announcement yet.
Collapse

English Premier League 2021/22 season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get ready for your wallet to be a little lighter come the summer time. DAZN loses EPL rights to new player on the scene FuboTV

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...remier-league/

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
      Get ready for your wallet to be a little lighter come the summer time. DAZN loses EPL rights to new player on the scene FuboTV
      https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...remier-league/
      Well have to wait and see net pricing later in the year:

Fubo TV’s U.S. service, which includes more than 100 conventional broadcast and cable channels alongside its sports offerings, costs about US$65 monthly.

Its slimmed-down sports-focused Canadian service, which offers about a dozen channels, currently retails for $15 a month or $100 a year – a bargain for some fans, considering that its soccer channels on their own would cost more than $250 a year, if purchased individually.

Asked about the likelihood of a price hike, given the addition of the EPL to its lineup, Morbi said only: “We will remain competitive in pricing in the Canadian market.” She also noted the company would be “making some announcements in the first half of this year” regarding non-sports programming headed to the service.
      plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Well have to wait and see net pricing later in the year:

Fubo TV’s U.S. service, which includes more than 100 conventional broadcast and cable channels alongside its sports offerings, costs about US$65 monthly.

Its slimmed-down sports-focused Canadian service, which offers about a dozen channels, currently retails for $15 a month or $100 a year – a bargain for some fans, considering that its soccer channels on their own would cost more than $250 a year, if purchased individually.

Asked about the likelihood of a price hike, given the addition of the EPL to its lineup, Morbi said only: “We will remain competitive in pricing in the Canadian market.” She also noted the company would be “making some announcements in the first half of this year” regarding non-sports programming headed to the service.
        That last bit sounds like there could be a price hike. It might be worth getting the annual pass now, before the price goes up.

I'm not sure there's much on Fubo I want, but on the other hand, soccer is the only thing on DAZN that I watch. (They've got MLB Network too, but I already have that on regular TV anyway.)

The Fubo press release only talks about Premier League; I'm assuming it will include Championship and League One. I enjoy watching those games too. But if somehow those stay on DAZN, I'm not holding on to DAZN just for that.

Comment

UCL is not mentioned it will be tricky if Dazn got UCL and Fubo got EPL

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X