Collapse

National Football League - 2021 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Football League - 2021 Season

The Cam Newton experiment in New England has ended. The Pats appear to have committed to the 22 year old, Mac Jones, as their starting QB. Even if first year nerves slow his development, he'll be a great improvement on Newton, who demonstrated last year that he can't throw a pass of any meaningful distance.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck/5663212001/
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Originally posted by mpare View Post
    The Cam Newton experiment in New England has ended. The Pats appear to have committed to the 22 year old, Mac Jones, as their starting QB. Even if first year nerves slow his development, he'll be a great improvement on Newton, who demonstrated last year that he can't throw a pass of any meaningful distance.

The fall of Cam's career was a steep one. Either from bad coaching or injury, he had developed a very strange throwing motion that was not only slow to release, but also lacked any sort of zip on the ball. It looked like he was frozen from the ribcage down, and rocked the plane of his shoulders up and down instead of rotating them. I think it was the right move for the Pats in both the short and long term.
    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
    Srixon Star XV
    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I'm sure another team will pick Cam up as a backup or for situational purposes. The small quantity of highly talented starting (and backup) quarterbacks in the league is embarrassing.

Comment

When I watched Cam throw last year I thought he was putting a lot of effort to get the ball 15yds. When I saw the motion I thought he was going to go for 40-45. The guys arm at one point was a weapon now it’s below average in the Tebow territory.
        Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
        TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
        Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
        Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
        Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
        Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
        Ping Hoofer

Comment

Tom Brady is not just a pretty face.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...inasHIzrzarAg7

Comment

Tom Brady is not just a pretty face.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...inasHIzrzarAg7
            Thanks Mike . . . definitely agree with him. QB leading their receivers into a trouble spot . . . or in hockey, a pass to a player who is defenceless . . . I think the flags comes out way too easy. Do some players deserved a flag, definitely . . . it is a very slippery slope . . .
            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

The fact that he was unvaccinated helped make the decision to release him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Thanks Mike . . . definitely agree with him. QB leading their receivers into a trouble spot . . . or in hockey, a pass to a player who is defenceless . . . I think the flags comes out way too easy. Do some players deserved a flag, definitely . . . it is a very slippery slope . . .
                I've often thought that the flags come out too easy in recent years. I'm not advocating the old days of head hunting , but there has to be a reasonable balance.

Comment

Tampa Bay made so many gaffs. They looked like rookies. Thank goodness for Brady. At least he played well. That said, the Cowboys looked great, especially Prescott.

Comment

Tampa Bay made so many gaffs. They looked like rookies. Thank goodness for Brady. At least he played well. That said, the Cowboys looked great, especially Prescott.
                    Tampa will get better as the season progresses and what a terrible fumble by Godwin. Brady looked good. Dallas has a solid team and could be a force this year. Great game.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I've often thought that the flags come out too easy in recent years. I'm not advocating the old days of head hunting , but there has to be a reasonable balance.
                      That's the problem I have with football now. FLAGS. Seems like every other play has a flag. It drags the game down and takes away from the flow of the game. Agree with protecting players but maybe it's time to a look at some of the other things that are called, like holding. Some are ridiculous calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

I was listening to Sirius last week while travelling and the NHL channel and they played that clip. He’s 100% right and it relates to both hockey and football.

Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                        TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
                        Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                        Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
                        Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                        Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                        Ping Hoofer

Comment

Lots of interesting games so far in week 1. Some of the story lines:
                          - Green Bay getting crushed by the Saints
                          - Detroit nearly coming back against San Fran
                          - Tennessee getting crushed by Arizona
                          - Dallas not getting crushed by Tampa Bay
                          - Young quarterbacks playing well after coming back from injury

Comment

I was quite impressed with the Pats' QB. They should have won that game, but they committed too many turnovers and penalties. My guess is that BB will force them to cure those problems before the next game. As for Buffalo, I was sure that they would win, but they simply weren't sharp enough. As for Dallas, with their weak schedule (with the exception of their first game), they have every chance of winning their division.

Originally posted by TheBaconator View Post
                            Lots of interesting games so far in week 1. Some of the story lines:
                            - Green Bay getting crushed by the Saints
                            - Detroit nearly coming back against San Fran
                            - Tennessee getting crushed by Arizona
                            - Dallas not getting crushed by Tampa Bay
                            - Young quarterbacks playing well after coming back from injury

Comment

I was quite impressed with the Pats' QB. They should have won that game, but they committed too many turnovers and penalties. My guess is that BB will force them to cure those problems before the next game. As for Buffalo, I was sure that they would win, but they simply weren't sharp enough. As for Dallas, with their weak schedule (with the exception of their first game), they have every chance of winning their division.

Lots of teams looked rusty yesterday. It's amazing how much the crowd noise helped the defenses out versus last years' silence.

I agree that Buffalo didn't look sharp. Allen threw too many high passes in the first half and the receivers dropped too many passes in the second half. They have a lot of expectations this year; I hope the pressure doesn't get to them.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X