Collapse

National Football League - 2021 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
    Finally, the Pats’ victory was so satisfying. Even BB shared a smile with Mac Jones before the game was over. My only problem now is that my thumb is sprained from flipping between so many games.
    The Red Zone is the trick Michael . . . if you are a big NFL fan . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

That last second victory by the Bengals over KC was a joy to watch. So many plays. So many do overs.
      I loved the Bengals all year. They might surprise in the play-off and Jamarr Chase is just getting better. He was absolutely a beast yesterday . . . speed and strength . . . him rejoining Jo Burrow was a perfect match. Not sure who will be ROY but Chase and Micah Parsons should be the top 2 . . . Waddle (Miami) and Pitts (Atlanta) have been very, very good . . . Davante Smith and Mac Jones have also been very good for their team . . .

Comment

• AB is clearly not playing with a full deck. I have no issue with the NFL or the Buc's paying for this guy to get whatever help he needs, presuming he can accept the help. He must be really messed up. The next step in his path could easily be suicide or some other significant tragic event and it's best to try to prevent that. What I saw was a tortured soul, deserving of some empathy, rather than a spoiled entitled professional athlete having a tantrum.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68shark View Post
          AB is clearly not playing with a full deck. I have no issue with the NFL or the Buc's paying for this guy to get whatever help he needs, presuming he can accept the help. He must be really messed up. The next step in his path could easily be suicide or some other significant tragic event and it's best to try to prevent that. What I saw was a tortured soul, deserving of some empathy, rather than a spoiled entitled professional athlete having a tantrum.
          If he doesn’t get help I’d probably side on a tragic event involving multiple people. The guy needs help period.
          Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
          Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
          Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
          Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
          Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
          Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Reports coming out that Antonio Brown has been battling an ankle injury the past few weeks, did not practice Thursday or Friday and had doubts he could even dress this week. Got injured during the game and Arians told him to go back in and he said he couldn't, so Arians told him to leave, so that's why he took his stuff off and left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattv88 View Post
              Reports coming out that Antonio Brown has been battling an ankle injury the past few weeks, did not practice Thursday or Friday and had doubts he could even dress this week. Got injured during the game and Arians told him to go back in and he said he couldn't, so Arians told him to leave, so that's why he took his stuff off and left.
              Yes, he was questionable all week . . . usually the Doctor decides if he is OK. Were they sitting him because he was getting close to all these clause in his contract . . .

He went from a 6th round pick to probably best receiver in the game at some point. The Bucs needed him last year. They got what they want . . . but now I don't think they are a SB contender . . . way to thin at wide receivers now . . . enough to beat the Jets but there is no Jets' team in the play-off . . .

Comment

Reports coming out that Antonio Brown has been battling an ankle injury the past few weeks, did not practice Thursday or Friday and had doubts he could even dress this week. Got injured during the game and Arians told him to go back in and he said he couldn't, so Arians told him to leave, so that's why he took his stuff off and left.
                I can understand if a player has a genuine concern/belief that he is too injured to play.

However, Brown's best response would have been to remain on the bench for the remainder of the game. Instead, he chose to make a spectacle of himself (again).

Also, FWIW, his ankle didn't look to be too injured while he was boosting the crowd on the way out of the stadium. I guess that sort of thing must come and go, kind of like a pain in the neck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

I can understand if a player has a genuine concern/belief that he is too injured to play.

However, Brown's best response would have been to remain on the bench for the remainder of the game. Instead, he chose to make a spectacle of himself (again).

Also, FWIW, his ankle didn't look to be too injured while he was boosting the crowd on the way out of the stadium. I guess that sort of thing must come and go, kind of like a pain in the neck.
                  He was told to leave. Also, there's a difference between jogging/hopping, and making a cut at full speed.

Comment

He was told to leave. Also, there's a difference between jogging/hopping, and making a cut at full speed.
                    Was he told to leave before or after he stripped off his jersey and equipment?

I understand the 'how badly was he actually injured' debate. However, it's a hard sell when he acted as he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

Was he told to leave before or after he stripped off his jersey and equipment?

I understand the 'how badly was he actually injured' debate. However, it's a hard sell when he acted as he did.
                      Before... he was told to leave after saying he was too injured to play, so he took off his equipment and left

Comment

• An MRI on Monday revealed broken bone fragments, a ligament torn from the bone and cartilage loss - From ESPN.

Sounds like it actually is a serious injury.

Comment

An MRI on Monday revealed broken bone fragments, a ligament torn from the bone and cartilage loss - From ESPN.

Sounds like it actually is a serious injury.
                          Really, thanks . . . I was wondering what they would find . . . the Bucs still have not kicked him off the team . . . they are not sure what or how to do it . . .

Comment

• If the injury is as Matt noted, then I would assume that the team’s legal liabilities to AB may be far from over.

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Really, thanks . . . I was wondering what they would find . . . the Bucs still have not kicked him off the team . . . they are not sure what or how to do it . . .
                            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

If the injury is as Matt noted, then I would assume that the team’s legal liabilities to AB may be far from over.
                              I think so Michael . . . a complete mess . . . Arians said he didn't know . . . I am as far from Florida as anybody could be and I new he had an ankle injury and that he might not play. It was big news in fantasy world . . . should you start AB even if he might not play. Godwin is out so AB could have a big game . . .

At the end, Arians looks bad out of this . . .

Comment

• As a longtime Cowboys fan, with a big scoring win yesterday, I still can't trust them week-in and week-out. I'll take their wins but I wouldn't put any money down on them.
                                🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                                Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                                Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                                Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                                Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                                Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                                Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                                Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X