Collapse

National Football League - 2021 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
    Climbed from last place in my pool in wk 1 to finish 3rd of 22 and cash.
    Congrats!
    Our pool of nearly 100 was won by my buddy's 24yo daughter who has never watched a game. That's a bit humbling.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninja View Post

Our pool of nearly 100 was won by my buddy's 24yo daughter who has never watched a game. That's a bit humbling.
      It's the same in every pool it seems. Picking games against the spread is hard and often lucky

I don't follow the NFL other than look at scores and standings and have literally watched 1/2 of one football game in probably ( 3 years) that being Last year's SB. I go in 3 pools each year and almost always win a week in the two smaller ones, got 13 two weeks ago to win ( about 30 people in each pool) . The bigger pool has between 500-700 entries and have never won a week, have come 2nd. This year I finished 125th last year 32nd. No winnings
      to win the big one Usually need about 60% correct to win , this year the winner was 165/107....I was way back at 143/129.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Congrats!
        I won the rugby pool offered through work three years in a row as well as a pool put on by my buddies, who are big rugby fans. I cannot name a single active rugby player in the league. It takes a lot of luck to win these things.

Comment

Congrats!
          My daughter has won my March madness pool a couple of times. She doesn't follow college bball. One hour of research. Damn.

Comment

• Not NFL . . . but nice to see the Bulldogs finally winning the National Title . . . it has been a long time (1980) . . . 2 of my niece went to UGA in Athen so always interested in them. Stetson Bennett (QB Georgia) is a great story . . . Walk on at Georgia . . . went to JUCO . . . back at UGA as 3rd QB . . . then ends up starting QB and now MVP of the final game . . . we might see a movie about this . . . Congrats young man!!!
            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• What is wrong with the referees? Players are told that once the whistle blows, the play is OVER. They ignored that rule today, to the disadvantage of the Raiders. Shameful. That said, the Raiders kept shooting themselves in the foot. Soooooo many penalties.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                What is wrong with the referees? Players are told that once the whistle blows, the play is OVER. They ignored that rule today, to the disadvantage of the Raiders. Shameful. That said, the Raiders kept shooting themselves in the foot. Soooooo many penalties.
                I've found the officiating to be exceptionally brutal this year, especially in the 2nd half of the season. I thought the Raiders got a few "payback" calls after that debacle. (That roughing the passer call against the Bengals late in the game was one of the worst I've ever seen).

Perhaps the officials only have 17 weeks of rational officiating in them, and the new 18 week schedule forced them to ration their good judgement.
                TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• The last thing that a rookie QB needs at the beginning of the game is for his receivers to drop perfect passes. It doesn’t help either, when his offensive line is about as effective at stopping the enemy as the Maginot Line.
                  This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                    What is wrong with the referees? Players are told that once the whistle blows, the play is OVER. They ignored that rule today, to the disadvantage of the Raiders. Shameful. That said, the Raiders kept shooting themselves in the foot. Soooooo many penalties.
                    Yes A brutal call.

Comment

• Originally posted by davepratt View Post

Yes A brutal call.
                      It was bad officiating. It didn't matter what they determined the outcome of the play was, it was horrific officiating.

By the book, the play was over.

However, I'm not sure given the fact that the whistle sounded a fraction of a second before the ball was caught that it wasn't the fairest call.

Comment

• Originally posted by davepratt View Post

Yes A brutal call.
                        I think it would have been bad both way. The whistle pretty much came as Uzomah was catching it. If you negate the play then you penalize the Bengals . . . Not sure who blew the whistle and why . . .

The Raiders and Cowboys have been the worst this year at getting penalties . . . it just kept going. False start, are you kidding me . . .

The Bills are not taking any chance . . . 33-3 . . . Go Bills!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

I think it would have been bad both way. The whistle pretty much came as Uzomah was catching it. If you negate the play then you penalize the Bengals . . . Not sure who blew the whistle and why . . .

The Raiders and Cowboys have been the worst this year at getting penalties . . . it just kept going. False start, are you kidding me . . .

The Bills are not taking any chance . . . 33-3 . . . Go Bills!!!
                          Thankfully, the Djokovic hearing is much more interesting than that football game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WWFS View Post

Thankfully, the Djokovic hearing is much more interesting than that football game.
                            What is going on there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

What is going on there?
                              They're about 5 hours in (minus a 1 hr lunch break). The main thrust of Djokovic's defence is that the minister didn't consider the possible unrest that may come from Djokovic being deported. They base than on the fact that the minister didn't expressly mention that he considered that.

The crown maintains that he did consider that, but even if he didn't, there is no statutory requirement for the minister to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by WWFS View Post

They're about 5 hours in (minus a 1 hr lunch break). The main thrust of Djokovic's defence is that the minister didn't consider the possible unrest that may come from Djokovic being deported. They base than on the fact that the minister didn't expressly mention that he considered that.

The crown maintains that he did consider that, but even if he didn't, there is no statutory requirement for the minister to do so.
                                Thanks . . . strange strategy I guess . . .

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X