Collapse

Ottawa Senators 2021-22 Thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Completely different players. I’ll take BT based on what I think he brings to the Sens. No, there is no way BT thinks he is worth or has any hope of getting $11M.
    But his agent might be telling him he is.

ETA There would/will be offer sheets if he was.

Comment

Completely different players. I’ll take BT based on what I think he brings to the Sens. No, there is no way BT thinks he is worth or has any hope of getting $11M.

I am a huge Brady Tkachuk fan, and have taken him the last two years in my fantasy pool, he is a well rounded player...but there is no reasonable person that would prefer to have him over Marner on their hockey team...

In Tkachuk's third season, he had 0.64 PPG. In Marner's third season, he had 1.15 PPG. I understand Tkachuk brings 'intangibles'... but those are not worth more than Marner's 1.16 PPG over the last three seasons..

Comment

Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

Given Brady’s style of play, you would think he would jump at an 8 year deal. The guaranteed money is a nice insurance policy for any possible future injuries that may diminish his effectiveness and his value to the team, say in the next 3-5 years, if he were to get injured over the course of a bridge deal.

The Sens ‘big four’ in Tkachuk, Stuetzle, Batherson, and Norris are not nearly as good as the Leafs ‘big four’, so the percentage of cap spent will undoubtedly be less.
        And the Leafs BIG 4 have won nothing...a big zero..lol

Comment

Originally posted by northernpro View Post
          And the Leafs BIG 4 have won nothing...a big zero..lol
          just once... could you post something relevant?

Comment

I am a huge Brady Tkachuk fan, and have taken him the last two years in my fantasy pool, he is a well rounded player...but there is no reasonable person that would prefer to have him over Marner on their hockey team...

In Tkachuk's third season, he had 0.64 PPG. In Marner's third season, he had 1.15 PPG. I understand Tkachuk brings 'intangibles'... but those are not worth more than Marner's 1.16 PPG over the last three seasons..
            I agree, Brady brings a lot to the table, but he is not near Marner.

Comment

Brady will never score at Marners pace, but he leads this team into battle every night and plays his heart out. His style is made for the playoffs. Marner has zero goals in the last 2 years and was invisible last year in the playoffs. Marner is also 2 years older and plays with the best goal scorer in the league. The cup isn’t won in the regular season.

my comment as well as to whether I would rather have BT on the sens based on the fit with the current makeup of their team and the answer is yes.
              Last edited by Jeffc; Oct 3, 2021, 08:22 AM.
              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

But his agent might be telling him he is.

ETA There would/will be offer sheets if he was.
                doubtful. The rumour is 8.4. And contracts are all about comparables, and these two don’t compare, especially with respect to points

And offer sheets are very rare, also doubtful
                Last edited by Jeffc; Oct 3, 2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

So here's a question. Based on what you have seen from the Leafs the past few playoff seasons and Marner's performance in those playoffs, would you trade Marner for BT considering this and assuming he signs for $8Mx8, thus saving you $3M to spend elsewhere?

Comment

So here's a question. Based on what you have seen from the Leafs the past few playoff seasons and Marner's performance in those playoffs, would you trade Marner for BT considering this and assuming he signs for $8Mx8, thus saving you $3M to spend elsewhere?
                    Nope.

Comment

Leafs went out and got Nic Ritchie so no need to worry about Brady for Marner trade….
                      Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                      TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
                      Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                      Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
                      Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                      Ping Hoofer

Comment

just once... could you post something relevant?
                        Maybe it’s because I don’t agree with what you preach....

Comment

Bruce Garrioch

@SunGarrioch

4m
                          Sources say #Sens are closing in on a seven year deal with winger Brady Tkachuk

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/ot...ct/c-326822976

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that the team has signed forward Brady Tkachuk to a seven-year, $57.5M contract. The contract has an average value of $8.214 million annually and includes the following breakdown: $4.0M in 2021-22, $6.5M in 2022-23, $10.5M in 2023-24, $10.5M in 2024-25, $10.5M in 2025-26, $8.5 in 2026-27 and $7.0M in 2027-28.

Comment

That's a lot of money...but none mine so good for him.
                            BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                            Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                            There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
                              That's a lot of money...but none mine so good for him.
                              It is, and may be a slight overpay, but we will see in 3-4 years how it ages. My feeling is that it will age well, and the Sens will have had him for his 10 best years if he doesn't sign again. He's the leader of the team, the face of the franchise and will likely be made captain. It also solidifies a good part of the core for many years to come with a few guys still to go.

Comment

The deal is done and Brady is at the game now. Arena is pretty excited.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X