No announcement yet.
Collapse

Ottawa Senators 2021-22 Thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat trick for Tkachuk in a 4-0 win over the Lightning. He now has 11 in 22 games and 21 points. Having a heck of a year.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      Hat trick for Tkachuk in a 4-0 win over the Lightning. He now has 11 in 22 games and 21 points. Having a heck of a year.
      He's scoring at a pace I didn't think he was capable of. I am happy to see that, and hopes it keeps up. Some of the young guns, Norris, Batherson, & Brady are doing very well this year. I am sure Stutzle will overcome the "sophomore jinx". It will take some time, but the future is very bright for the Sens.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

He's scoring at a pace I didn't think he was capable of. I am happy to see that, and hopes it keeps up. Some of the young guns, Norris, Batherson, & Brady are doing very well this year. I am sure Stutzle will overcome the "sophomore jinx". It will take some time, but the future is very bright for the Sens.
        I'd have to agree. Exceeding expectations and even more so since he missed training camp. That whole line has been fantastic. It will be interesting to see what Norris signs for. Fewer points but equally talented and plays centre.

Comment

Sens go into FLA against the best team in the league and 14-1 on home ice. No biggie, just an 8-2 win and now 5 out of 6.

The top line of Batherson, Norris and Tkachuk is absolutely on fire. Another 7 points for that line tonight.

Last 7 games

Tkachuk 7G,3A

Norris 6G, 3A

Batherson 2G, 9A

Total: 15G, 15A, 30P

Comment

It was a beaut of a game for sure! First intermission they were interviewing Dorion and asked why the turn around?

“We can finally practice.” They barely had a practice in November with all the Covid mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
              It was a beaut of a game for sure! First intermission they were interviewing Dorion and asked why the turn around?

“We can finally practice.” They barely had a practice in November with all the Covid mess.
              ya it's weird, I'm not sure that is the only thing, it's like they flipped a switch much like they did last year. Getting solid goaltending helps a ton as well. And it's not like they are beating the bottom feeders - wins against FLA, TB, COL and CAR as well as NJ.

Comment

When I looked at the score of the game, I did a double take then I realized they WON 8-2. As Jeffc says, they aren't beating bottom feeders, they are beating good teams. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

ya it's weird, I'm not sure that is the only thing, it's like they flipped a switch much like they did last year. Getting solid goaltending helps a ton as well. And it's not like they are beating the bottom feeders - wins against FLA, TB, COL and CAR as well as NJ.
                  Not the only thing for certain but surely helps that rather than throwing 20 guys on the ice trying to play they finally got a chance to organize the play with some structure and common purpose.

I don’t think they are “this” good but I knew they were better than their early performance would have indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Not the only thing for certain but surely helps that rather than throwing 20 guys on the ice trying to play they finally got a chance to organize the play with some structure and common purpose.

I don’t think they are “this” good but I knew they were better than their early performance would have indicated.
                    Agreed. They are learning to play as a team and how to win. In addition, the pressure to win is off to a degree.

Also putting Stutzle at centre has been good move. 6 points in his last 5 games.

Comment

• The boys back in action tonight.

Sure hope Matt Murray can keep this up. He’s made some really tough stops so far.

Comment

• Well Calgary might not have been the best team to gauge how we are but I think the Sens played a pretty solid game. Matt Murray was solid all game and the one goal they got on him was a pretty valid goal.

Anyway a decent and fun game to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                          Well Calgary might not have been the best team to gauge how we are but I think the Sens played a pretty solid game. Matt Murray was solid all game and the one goal they got on him was a pretty valid goal.

Anyway a decent and fun game to watch.
                          Calgary could be a playoff team, middle of the league and have played decent this year with good goaltending. Lucky to get out of the first with a 2-0 lead and Murray kept them in it for sure and they managed to keep the pressure on to the end. Overall a solid win after being of for almost 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Calgary could be a playoff team, middle of the league and have played decent this year with good goaltending. Lucky to get out of the first with a 2-0 lead and Murray kept them in it for sure and they managed to keep the pressure on to the end. Overall a solid win after being of for almost 2 weeks.
                            Yeah, thought they said Calgary hasn’t played too many recently either was what I was thinking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Yeah, thought they said Calgary hasn’t played too many recently either was what I was thinking about.
                              Other than 1 PPD, they have played every game in January - 4 before last nights game. Sens have played 2 in 26 days

Comment

• Connor Brown ( a favourite of mine, I wish the Leafs never traded him) took a puck in the face during warm ups. He played more than 19 minutes, scored a goal and had an assist, then after the game found out he played the game with a broken jaw. Talk about tough.
                                Now he is out for a few weeks.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X