Collapse

Trudeau Government Term 3

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

So why in both cases they sold it and came out telling us they have balanced the budget. Where did the $3B went if it was not to balance the budget. Man, you have to take off these blinders . . .
    Actually that 3B came from the sale of an asset. He did not balance the budget in the way that he implied.
    In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
    and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

Just a reminder ... the shares were purchased to save Canadian jobs - hardly as a great investment opportunity. Apparently it saved a few jobs as it was designed to do. Your conjecture (really all it is as usual) that the government sold it to balance the budget is kind of irrelevant. The sale of the 407 is another degree of more irrelevant - unless you have ideological issues that are even more unbalanced on the subject than AD's.
      You have well and truly 'jumped the shark'.

The 407 is a prime example of putting the optics of 'balancing a budget' ahead of the needs of the province or any fiscal responsibility.

it is used by academics, economists and political journalists as an example of 'what not to do', vote buying and short sightedness.

And it has placed a 90 year constraint on the economy of the GTA/Southern Ontario by impairing the movement of goods and the increasing the commuting time of workers. That was demonstrated by multiple studies that have been linked here previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

You have well and truly 'jumped the shark'.

The 407 is a prime example of putting the optics of 'balancing a budget' ahead of the needs of the province or any fiscal responsibility.

it is used by academics, economists and political journalists as an example of 'what not to do', vote buying and short sightedness.

And it has placed a 90 year constraint on the economy of the GTA/Southern Ontario by impairing the movement of goods and the increasing the commuting time of workers. That was demonstrated by multiple studies that have been linked here previously.
        Uhhh, this is the Trudeau thread. I “jumped the shark”? Wowzers…

Comment

• https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/ott...p-it-1.5739047

How the **** does this help supply chains or rising inflation. I know the moron said he doesn't think of inflation but this will surely make it worse and does he really believe the virus is worse than empty shelves and high inflation?

Comment

Uhhh, this is the Trudeau thread. I “jumped the shark”? Wowzers…
            Yes, when you started the sub thread regarding deficit spending.

There are more than enough reasons to complain about the current PM but deficit spending during a global pandemic is a 'non-starter'.

Comment

Yes, when you started the sub thread regarding deficit spending.

There are more than enough reasons to complain about the current PM but deficit spending during a global pandemic is a 'non-starter'.
              You know Arthur- I enjoy reading your insights on hockey. It’s hard to take your comments seriously on Economics. But questioning the ruinous deficits this government has taken on is a “non-starter”? Okey Dokee.

Comment

You know Arthur- I enjoy reading your insights on hockey. It’s hard to take your comments seriously on Economics. But questioning the ruinous deficits this government has taken on is a “non-starter”? Okey Dokee.
                Keynesianism. This government and the previous government should have paid off/down the deficit previously.

Allowing the flexibility to implement deficit budgets during the pandemic.

Aside from war, I can think of no other time/event in recent history that so obviously required government spending/intervention. Including the Great Recession and the OPEC oil crisis.

Comment

Keynesianism. This government and the previous government should have paid off/down the deficit previously.

Allowing the flexibility to implement deficit budgets during the pandemic.

Aside from war, I can think of no other time/event in recent history that so obviously required government spending/intervention. Including the Great Recession and the OPEC oil crisis.
                  So is asking those questions a “non starter” or is holding a different view from you a “non starter”? Or both?

Comment

• It isn’t hard to come up with a list of idiotic things Trudeau does to us - they are just so frequent that one can become numbed. This one should really help with the supply chain issues - have fun running out of things…

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mass-c...ader-1.5739996

Comment

• It must be tiring being so outraged all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                        It must be tiring being so outraged all the time
                        Can't be more exhausting than all the work at the grassroots he puts in, canvasing, making sure people have all the info he wants them to have to make his informed opinion matter more. Hell, I respect that he constantly runs in elections to try and make a real difference as well... Oh wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Can't be more exhausting than all the work at the grassroots he puts in, canvasing, making sure people have all the info he wants them to have to make his informed opinion matter more. Hell, I respect that he constantly runs in elections to try and make a real difference as well... Oh wait...
                          We won't know until his time out is over, so maybe never.
                          G410 Plus 10.5*
                          G25 4W 16.5*
                          G400 7W 20.5*
                          G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
                          G400 5 - UW
                          Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
                          SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
                          Anser TR 1966

Mr. Ping Hooferlite bag

Comment

So is asking those questions a “non starter” or is holding a different view from you a “non starter”? Or both?
                            No a non starter is something that is not effective. Like criticizing an administration for running a deficit budget during a global pandemic.

Trump certainly ran a deficit budget.

What would be more sensible or logical would be complaining about the actual mistakes made by the current PM. Which should not be at all difficult.

Comment

No a non starter is something that is not effective. Like criticizing an administration for running a deficit budget during a global pandemic.

Trump certainly ran a deficit budget.

What would be more sensible or logical would be complaining about the actual mistakes made by the current PM. Which should not be at all difficult.
                              I suspect bcamp wasn't questioning the concept of running a deficit during a crisis, but the amount, which should certainly up for discussion.

We are really in uncharted territory here, and it's beyond being "unfortunate" that the budget didn't balance itself earlier.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bloomberg-graph-deepest-into-the-red.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	3491986
                              Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Jan 16, 2022, 09:00 AM.
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I suspect bcamp wasn't questioning the concept of running a deficit during a crisis, but the amount, which should certainly up for discussion.

We are really in uncharted territory here, and it's beyond being "unfortunate" that the budget didn't balance itself earlier.

Click image for larger version Name:	bloomberg-graph-deepest-into-the-red.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	3491986
                                I guess I wonder what an Con government would have done in these unprecedented times. I think I’ve reached the point where it matters little who is in charge anymore
                                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X