No announcement yet.
Collapse

Trudeau Government Term 3

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing I will say . . . I heard the same thing in the 60's, 70's, etc . . . well we were these kids and I have to say I had a very nice life (thanks to all the politicians) but especially for my HealthCare . . . every parties had their hands in this. Tommy Douglas, Paul Martin Sr, Diefenbaker, etc . . . all fought to get what we have. Luckily, that is the only Government program that I have used (also OSAP) . . . and I wouldn't leave Canada because of our Universal Health Care.

Believe me, it is not that easy. You can sit here and tell us what cuts you would do . . . until you actually try to make these cuts. Easy to say, you have to be a man (actually sexist) . . . but it is for the goods of all the people, not a small group. I am sure you were OK that Trudeau was trying to help Alberta by buying the Trans Mountain Pipeline . . .

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

The point I was trying to make is they both had some exterior pressure. Things never go smoothly, outside agency sometime come into play. I think all politicians are trying to do their best, it is a complicated system. Quite easy for any of us to say they should have done this or that . . . if it was easy we would all be billionaire . . .

It is always easy to complain about policy, it is usually a reaction about an event . . . No Governments wanted to create so many programs, CPP, ODSP, Old Age, welfare, UI, etc . . . they just happened and now you look back and wonder, how did this happened. It is now so big there is not much that can be done. I still think we should get rid of ALL of these programs and have a Guaranteed Income Program . . . probably the best time to create it as a lot of people would lose their jobs but there is such a lack of employees, it would be easier to have a job.
      Agree. Particularly with the boldfaced.

Remove all of the different and sometimes competing government programs, all of which have their own rules, administration and bureaucracies and replace them with one universal Guaranteed Annual Income program.

Comment

• Couple of points regarding Paul Martin.

He downloaded a lot of costs to the Provinces to balance his Budget.
        When the Budget was balanced and he had a surplus, he did asked for suggestions what to do with the surplus. The amount of Special Interest groups that had their hand out was bordering on the ridiculous.

We are our own worse enemy. Just like we ALL have short memories

Comment

The only thing I will say . . . I heard the same thing in the 60's, 70's, etc . . . well we were these kids and I have to say I had a very nice life (thanks to all the politicians) but especially for my HealthCare . . . every parties had their hands in this. Tommy Douglas, Paul Martin Sr, Diefenbaker, etc . . . all fought to get what we have. Luckily, that is the only Government program that I have used (also OSAP) . . . and I wouldn't leave Canada because of our Universal Health Care.

Believe me, it is not that easy. You can sit here and tell us what cuts you would do . . . until you actually try to make these cuts. Easy to say, you have to be a man (actually sexist) . . . but it is for the goods of all the people, not a small group. I am sure you were OK that Trudeau was trying to help Alberta by buying the Trans Mountain Pipeline . . .
          I challenge you to find one person (outside of liberal cabinet ministers or the seller) that was “OK” with Trudeau buying the Trans Mountain Pipeline. It was a stupid decision by a stupid man.

Comment

• Originally posted by duffer_mcmulligan View Post

You say that like it is a bad thing….

Note I have also been outspokenly critical of Alberta governments. As well as Ontario, BC, and Quebec.

As background, I have lived in Quebec (Montreal and the Laurentians), Toronto, London Ont, Vancouver, Oakville and Kingston. My opinions of those places have zero to do with my opinion of their governing politics.
            That Northern member. It's a parody account.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

I challenge you to find one person (outside of liberal cabinet ministers or the seller) that was “OK” with Trudeau buying the Trans Mountain Pipeline. It was a stupid decision by a stupid man.
              If it would had been a success would you say the same thing? Hindsight is always very easy.
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

all of the oil boys
                in Alberta were crying for the pipeline to be expanded...BC
                did not want it...they were the losers in that deal

Comment

• Originally posted by northernpro View Post
                  all of the oil boys
                  in Alberta were crying for the pipeline to be expanded...BC
                  did not want it...they were the losers in that deal
                  the desire to expand the pipeline and the desire to have the federal government purchase it are two entirely different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

the desire to expand the pipeline and the desire to have the federal government purchase it are two entirely different things.
                    the oil boys wanted it bad...who built it
                    did not matter...if Ms Smith wins the premiers job...they
                    can play with their oil...BC can shut it down then..

Comment

• Originally posted by northernpro View Post
                      the oil boys wanted it bad...who built it
                      did not matter...if Ms Smith wins the premiers job...they
                      can play with their oil...BC can shut it down then..
                      This is incomprehensible.

Comment

This is incomprehensible.
                        Pt#1-Ms. Danielle Smith is running for Premier of Alberta
                        and expected to win her parties leadership.She is running
                        on a promise to stop obeying Canada’s Consitution.She
                        does not want to pay oil royalties or follow direction from
                        the Federal Govt.She Alberta might leave Canada.
                        Pt#2-B.C. said if Alberta follows this path they would shut down Albertas flow of oil in the pipeline.
                        Hope you get the jest of my post..but I don’t think it will
                        sink in!

Comment

If it would had been a success would you say the same thing? Hindsight is always very easy.
                          Hardly. It was guaranteed to be a disaster the day the government purchased it. On what basis did the liberal government believe they could build and manage a pipeline? It sounds as dumb today as it did the day they announced it.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out this distinction. I guess it wasn’t as obvious as I thought.

Comment

• This Trudeau government finds a new thing to screw up every week (day?). This is just embarrassing. I’m a bit surprised that I still have the capacity to be surprised by these dopes.

Comment

• Meanwhile unemployment rates are at an historically low level.

CP24 News – August 5, 2022
                                Canada's unemployment rate stayed a historic low of 4.9 per cent in July, remaining unchanged from June as the country continues to face a labour shortage.

The number of public sector employees fell, while the number of self-employed workers rose. There was little change in the number of private sector workers.

Canada's labour market remains exceptionally tight, with over one million job vacancies across the country. The unemployment rate is the lowest on record with comparable data going back to 1976.

The labour participation rate for Canadians between the ages of 25 and 54 is relatively unchanged from where it was pre-pandemic.
                                The pace of wage growth also held steady compared with June, with average hourly wages rising 5.2 per cent year over year.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X