Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

2021-22 season - - Our Toronto RAPTORS . . .

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 season - - Our Toronto RAPTORS . . .

Well the first pre-season is in the book. Very strong start by Scotty Barnes, very impressive. Achiuwa, Champagne and Yuta were also very solid. It was actually fun to watch . . . lots of energy and very fast game. Getting excited about the team . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Well it is getting closer, down to a few days. Not expecting too much from the Raptors this year but I do think they should be able to stay in the fight for a playoff spot as the season wears on. Vegas has them around 35 or 36 wins, I think they should go over that and be somewhere around 40 - 42 wins for the year. I truly think that this is the year of OG Anunoby, if he becomes the player he was forecasted to be before getting hurt in college then the Raptors will have a cornerstone to help build on. For some reason I do not consider Siakam or Van Vleet potential cornerstone players but do consider they can be key parts of winning teams. Am assuming sometime Dragic will be moved over the season, not sure what they might get as a return though, likely just some spare pieces. I think Nurse and his style of coaching should fit with the team Masai has given him, I expect them to force a lot of turnovers and get out and run but I do not think half court they will do well offensively and the age old Raptors issue of not getting defensive rebounds will still be a big problem.

Comment

I think the games that could be challenging is when they face a talented true big. Although OG can guard 1 through 5.
      G410 Plus 10.5*
      G25 4W 16.5*
      G400 7W 20.5*
      G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
      G400 5 - UW
      Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
      SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
      Anser TR 1966

Mr. Ping Hooferlite bag

Comment

Yes, OG and Barnes should be the corner stone I think . . . 2 solid players. FVV and Pascal are great players also . . . I think Pascal will have a good year. All 4 are solid defensive players. Yes, the big centers will give them a hard time I think.

Comment

I liked Wainright. But a 6'6" tweener may have been the issue. That and Decker lighting it up in a few minutes in the last exhibition game. Decker's game is at least obvious. Instant offence from behind the arc. Not happening? Sit.

American media not giving us any love. Unless they are on one of our radio stations, we're not picked to finish in the top 10. I think we will be in the 7-8 dogfight. We'll see how good Nurse is with the versatile lineup. I did read his book and it was quite good. Not sure as a coach I can live with 3's or layups. But the game has been moving in that direction for quite some time. Our 6'3" girl will be doing it all for our team, including 3's.

Comment

They are building a good, young team. Not going to win any titles this year, but lots of positivity moving forward.

Comment

Hope springs eternal & I'm excited about this season. Huge OG fan and Scottie Barnes as much as I was shocked and upset by the pick, seems so genuinely likeable and can do so much (hope he learns to shoot). Dragic disappointed me in the pre-season until the last game, we know what FVV can do, expect Pascal to be better not that they're back in Toronto and interesting parts everywhere.

Just split up our tickets and got the opener, so yep I'm ready!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
                Hope springs eternal & I'm excited about this season. Huge OG fan and Scottie Barnes as much as I was shocked and upset by the pick, seems so genuinely likeable and can do so much (hope he learns to shoot). Dragic disappointed me in the pre-season until the last game, we know what FVV can do, expect Pascal to be better not that they're back in Toronto and interesting parts everywhere.

Just split up our tickets and got the opener, so yep I'm ready!!!
                I hated Dragic when he played against Raptors due to his pesky style of play. Now that the table has turned, I don't mind seeing him doing that to other teams.

While the team is young, I hope their culture and chemistry would surprise us.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post

I hated Dragic when he played against Raptors due to his pesky style of play. Now that the table has turned, I don't mind seeing him doing that to other teams.

While the team is young, I hope their culture and chemistry would (will) surprise us.
                  I think everyone feels the same Dragic. Hope he has the fire to perform as I think he'll be needed and more spare parts the Raps don't need.

Comment

If they make the playoffs, I would call it a very successful season. Key indicators will be the performance of Flynn and Trent.

Comment

I will admit that this isn't my lane and that when I do watch I have always liked OG, but still very surprised to hear him talked about ahead of PS and as a cornerstone?

Has he really taken that big of a jump up?

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post
                        I will admit that this isn't my lane and that when I do watch I have always liked OG, but still very surprised to hear him talked about ahead of PS and as a cornerstone?

Has he really taken that big of a jump up?
                        It's all about "unlocking" his potential. He has worked so much on this shooting. He seldom shot early on. In his second year he shot free throws like Ben Simmons and last year was almost 80%.

He's gone from 4.7 shots/game to 6.0 to 8.2 to 12.1. Expect more this year and attacking the paint/rim. Like Pascal great work ethic and working on dribble.

Almost 40% from 3...... Points from 5.9 to 7.0 to 10.6 to 15.9....

If he averages 20 then watch him too make All Defensive team.

Oh and seems like a low maintenance good all around guy.

A great steal at 28-1 for Most Improved Player.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

It's all about "unlocking" his potential. He has worked so much on this shooting. He seldom shot early on. In his second year he shot free throws like Ben Simmons and last year was almost 80%.

He's gone from 4.7 shots/game to 6.0 to 8.2 to 12.1. Expect more this year and attacking the paint/rim. Like Pascal great work ethic and working on dribble.

Almost 40% from 3...... Points from 5.9 to 7.0 to 10.6 to 15.9....

If he averages 20 then watch him too make All Defensive team.

Oh and seems like a low maintenance good all around guy.

A great steal at 28-1 for Most Improved Player.
                          Thank you, that's a great overview.

As mentioned, I always liked him but I guess have been very out of touch.

Comment

Come on . . . "Been waiting all day for Wednesday Night" . . . go Raptors . . .

Comment

Opening night...I want to see:

- Dragic give it to Beal
                              - Scottie Barnes justify his 4th pick

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...