Collapse

Annual Rogers Song and Dance

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Rogers Song and Dance

Well my annual promo ended and I got the sticker shock by text. Total bill for internet, tv (ignite often freezes,million crappy channels), and wireless (which is reasonable) went from $264 to $364. I contacted them and said cancel. Got it down to $304 but said no thanks. The first rep is sending me stuff for the cancellation. I will look elsewhere but prefer to stay.

How's everybody else doing? Anybody actually leave? Ay legit alternatives out there? I would have left long ago but live sports via stream or other is the main concern.

I have Rogers cable ( not ignite) good package $90/month
    Bell internet 25/10 unlimited data ( no fibe in my area) $75/month
    Bell Mobility unlimited $80/month
    total = $245

Just tried to get a deal with Bell mobility after dropping my blackberry ...been with Bell forever , since first home phone and cell phones....talked to 2 people , no loyalty discounts unless I signed up for more with them , then would get a $20 bundled deal.
    I kept my phone plan with Bell just because didn't need the hassle but will be porting my number to Koodo for a better deal and better service and might just drop cable because pretty much everything is available free now and I watch very little tv.

a friend just moved and got Ignite ( 2 tvs) , home phone ( needed to operate apartment entry code) internet for under $200...so there are deals it seems if you are a new customer....although they weren't new, they just moved city.

I set up my daughter at school with a great Koodo phone plan $65/month 12gb
    Internet $60/month
    no cable package they use ustv.go ( IPTV) and Streameast and get pretty much everything they want ( which is mostly sports) and we have a shared Netflix account for 3 households and recently added Britbox on special $2/month

I may drop Rogers cable as it isnt really something I use much at all , a few AMC shows and sports, all which I can get free

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      I have Rogers cable ( not ignite) good package $90/month
      Bell internet 25/10 unlimited data ( no fibe in my area) $75/month
      Bell Mobility unlimited $80/month
      total = $245

Just tried to get a deal with Bell mobility after dropping my blackberry ...been with Bell forever , since first home phone and cell phones....talked to 2 people , no loyalty discounts unless I signed up for more with them , then would get a $20 bundled deal.
      I kept my phone plan with Bell just because didn't need the hassle but will be porting my number to Koodo for a better deal and better service and might just drop cable because pretty much everything is available free now and I watch very little tv.

a friend just moved and got Ignite ( 2 tvs) , home phone ( needed to operate apartment entry code) internet for under $200...so there are deals it seems if you are a new customer....although they weren't new, they just moved city.

I set up my daughter at school with a great Koodo phone plan $65/month 12gb
      Internet $60/month
      no cable package they use ustv.go ( IPTV) and Streameast and get pretty much everything they want ( which is mostly sports) and we have a shared Netflix account for 3 households and recently added Britbox on special $2/month

I may drop Rogers cable as it isnt really something I use much at all , a few AMC shows and sports, all which I can get free
      That's the kicker. I'm all ears. How do you get quality live sports? I'm keeping wireless which is $40 plus tax for 10gb per phone. That's the only reasonable part of Rogers.

Comment

I did this a couple of months ago.

Got 500GB Ignite Internet and basic TV + Sports for $79.99 before tax.

I told them to stuff their first offer, cancelled (gave them a date a few weeks out) and then called them - said I missed their call - I didn't (they often call you in a few days) and they offered a much better deal.

There is a thread on RFD, about 2000 pages long. Details on page one about what to do.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/roge...thread-785331/

Scroll to the end as well as to what people are getting as of late.

The number you want to call is the Winback number.

EXISTING CUSTOMERS:

The CSR levels are as follows:
        1 - first level - (888-764-3771). They will offer you rack pricing.
        2 - retentions - (888-764-3771) choose "change services", "cancel services". This is where you cancel. Slightly cheaper than rack pricing. No real deals available.
        3 - winback - (866-431-5632) folks seem to be having better luck getting thru on this number They should be calling you after you have a cancellation in place.
        If you haven't heard from them after a few days of cancelling, you can call them saying you missed their call.
        DO NOT call them if you do not have a cancellation in place.
        Original winback number - (866-600-9112)

Winback hours of operation: (thanks to chronos for the info)
        Mon to Fri - 10am to 8pm Eastern Time
        Sat - 10am to 6pm Eastern Time
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

That's the kicker. I'm all ears. How do you get quality live sports? I'm keeping wireless which is $40 plus tax for 10gb per phone. That's the only reasonable part of Rogers.
          my daughter uses the two I mentioned above,

I used streameast a lot last year to watch hockey on my ipad, it was excellent

Comment

It's the sports channels that make prices jump (at least for me).

Rogers Ignite Internet 150u
            Rogers Ignite TV Flex 5
            Subcribe to Sportsnet NOW and TSN
            Telus Mobility unlimited plan

Comment

For free streaming of NHL, go here https://nhl66.ir/

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
                for the basic sports, it was $5 more a month for me (on top of the basic tv package). Gets me most of what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

for the basic sports, it was $5 more a month for me (on top of the basic tv package). Gets me most of what I want.
                  I'd be happy with Raps, Leafs, Jays, and some NFL and college bball. Not sure I've seen that without monthly bills of $50 plus. That may be what I have to do. But it's not considering the very few non sports channels my wife watches. Add it all up and I'm back to a stupid deal again.

Comment

To get Sportsnet One, which sometimes has games I wanted to watch it was another $5. That "should" cover off most if not all of your needs.

The rogers website is a cluster&$*# with regards to figuring this out BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                      I did this a couple of months ago.

Got 500GB Ignite Internet and basic TV + Sports for $79.99 before tax.

I told them to stuff their first offer, cancelled (gave them a date a few weeks out) and then called them - said I missed their call - I didn't (they often call you in a few days) and they offered a much better deal.

There is a thread on RFD, about 2000 pages long. Details on page one about what to do.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/roge...thread-785331/

Scroll to the end as well as to what people are getting as of late.

The number you want to call is the Winback number.

EXISTING CUSTOMERS:

The CSR levels are as follows:
                      1 - first level - (888-764-3771). They will offer you rack pricing.
                      2 - retentions - (888-764-3771) choose "change services", "cancel services". This is where you cancel. Slightly cheaper than rack pricing. No real deals available.
                      3 - winback - (866-431-5632) folks seem to be having better luck getting thru on this number They should be calling you after you have a cancellation in place.
                      If you haven't heard from them after a few days of cancelling, you can call them saying you missed their call.
                      DO NOT call them if you do not have a cancellation in place.
                      Original winback number - (866-600-9112)

Winback hours of operation: (thanks to chronos for the info)
                      Mon to Fri - 10am to 8pm Eastern Time
                      Sat - 10am to 6pm Eastern Time
                      Thanks. I just "cancelled" today. Will wait a few days and thoroughly investigate alternatives while waiting for a call. If not I'll use the winback number. I have 1000gb ignite and a decent tv bundle. Only want basic TV plus sports like yours above. My daughter and bf are moving out this month after their house reno so maybe I can scale back the internet. I'm amazed what I read on redflag. I wonder how accurate some of those are.

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post

Rogers Ignite Internet 150u
                        Rogers Ignite TV Flex 5
                        Subcribe to Sportsnet NOW and TSN
                        Telus Mobility unlimited plan
                        150 might be a stretch. The quality of your sports streams are good? Right now I had to plug an ethernet cable into a pod for the main tv using ignite. Can I ask what your total is for the above? We have three phone plans at 10GB each for $40 per. I don't mind that.

Comment

I’m paying $65 a month all in for Ignite Gigabit. It’s my only service with Rogers. I got it down to $45 a month about 5 years ago during some aggressive promotion they were running and it’s been going up by $5-$10 every year since then.

Every year I do an online chat to renew my promotional pricing. I haven’t had to call in so far to get a price I’m OK with.
                          Home
                          TaylorMade M2 10.5*
                          TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP 21*
                          Titleist AP1 712 5-W
                          Titleist SM6 58*
                          Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

Away
                          TaylorMade R9 SuperTri 10.5*
                          TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                          Ping G25 5-W
                          Titleist SM2 52*, 56*, 60*
                          Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 360g

Comment

150 might be a stretch. The quality of your sports streams are good? Right now I had to plug an ethernet cable into a pod for the main tv using ignite. Can I ask what your total is for the above? We have three phone plans at 10GB each for $40 per. I don't mind that.
                            Rogers Internet/TV: $154 includes tax
                            TSN: $20/month
                            Sportsnet NOW: I pay annually so it's cheaper I think it's something like $25/month
                            Telus: $75

I use WiFi and haven't had any issues with streaming using Netflix or Sports subscriptions.

I think TSN is 720p and Sportsnet is 1080p. TSN broadcasts some 4K games. The quality looks good to me.
                            Last edited by kookie; Jan 6, 2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Dazn .

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X