Collapse

Annual Rogers Song and Dance

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Sorry to hear about your Rogers troubles. I was on CHAT with them again today, but only to double check that the deal they gave me was for real.
    Will have to wait for the actual billings and credits to come through on the due dates before I am 100% convinced.
    In all the years I have been doing this, it was the easiest and with the small increase % ever.
    Plus they improved my cell plan without an increase at all. Just got the feeling they must be hurting.
    Know what you mean about the wife, lady of the house here is also not too great with the existing set up so going more tech would be a disaster.
    This year is the most hardball I've encountered. And I've been doing the song and dance for years. Truly sick of it. If I had a legitmate alternative I'd be gone.

Comment

I called winback and accepted the following:

500u + Flex 20 + 2 tv boxes. Kept the 3 pods. $122.99 + tax = $138.99. Formerly 1gbu + Pop + Flex 10 (useless) + Golf Channel + 3 tv boxes (not using one at all) for $120.

Did I lose? I think so. Happy? No. But half the household inhabitants moving out very soon so losing the 1 gb no big deal and I still get my sports.

Until next year.

Comment

MY Rogers has been acting up and I get freezing on some channels and as of late I get channels that I pay for that just go black and a box pops up that either the service is down(which it is not) or that I do not have access to the channel. ( which I do). Call them and they blame the PVR and I need a new one. That might be true, but I own mine and they don't sell them anymore so I would be forced to rent forever ( which really bothers me) or I could switch to ignite but that would mean getting rid of teksavvy for internet which is not happening. So I just put up with the blackouts. Can't figure out why the box does it and the odd time I reboot, wait 10 minutes and maybe 50% chance the channel will work again.

I seriously wonder about going to android boxes with that monthly $15 charge that gets you just about every channel and movie in the known universe. Anybody running that service and how do you find it? reception wise...freezing issues?
        Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Originally posted by caddishack View Post
          MY Rogers has been acting up and I get freezing on some channels and as of late I get channels that I pay for that just go black and a box pops up that either the service is down(which it is not) or that I do not have access to the channel. ( which I do). Call them and they blame the PVR and I need a new one. That might be true, but I own mine and they don't sell them anymore so I would be forced to rent forever ( which really bothers me) or I could switch to ignite but that would mean getting rid of teksavvy for internet which is not happening. So I just put up with the blackouts. Can't figure out why the box does it and the odd time I reboot, wait 10 minutes and maybe 50% chance the channel will work again.

I seriously wonder about going to android boxes with that monthly $15 charge that gets you just about every channel and movie in the known universe. Anybody running that service and how do you find it? reception wise...freezing issues?
          Find a used PVR for cheap on kijiji. Or maybe here on TGN!

Comment

I have an older model works fine FREE of Contract and free to you if you want. I sent you a PM.
            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Have two older rogers boxes, std / non pvr and a PVR which are probably 15 + years old. The non pvr unit will very occasionally freeze on a channel, and it seems to be The Golf Channel almost exclusively. I switch channels and go back and it is fixed. No issues ( touch wood with the PVR)

the only complaint is they are slowww to change channel compared to what is available now.

I think I mentioned earlier that you can stream get almost everything free and safely using various iptv services. People I know using, including my daughter have no complaints. Most tv stations also have apps , some are free, others a very modest cost and way less than cable.
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

After about 15 years with Rogers I think I’m making the switch to Bell.

My current Rogers deal ($65 a month all in for Ignite gigabit) expires in February.

Offers so far have been lukewarm ($89 a month) and I was never a fan of the 30 Mbps upload speed that comes with Rogers gigabit.

Found this Bell thread on Red Flag Deals and called the new customer promo number and was immediately offered gigabit Fibe for $85 a month ($50 discount is good for a year). Also given the option to add their app-based TV service for another $20 for the package that includes Sportsnet and TSN.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/bell...romos-1779871/

While it’s more than I’m paying now, it’s a better service. Scheduled install for 2 weeks from now and set a cancellation date with Rogers the next day. Will see if the threat of cancellation gets Rogers to sharpen their pencils. If not, I’m looking forward to switching to Bell Fibe.
                Home
                Callaway Rogue ST MAX 10.5*
                TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP 21*
                Ping G425 5-U
                Titleist SM6 58*
                Evnroll ER5 Hatchback 370g

Away
                TaylorMade R9 SuperTri 10.5*
                TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                Ping G25 5-W
                Titleist SM2 52*, 56*, 60*
                Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 360g

Comment

Originally posted by skt07 View Post

My current Rogers deal ($65 a month all in for Ignite gigabit) expires in February.

Offers so far have been lukewarm ($89 a month) and I was never a fan of the 30 Mbps upload speed that comes with Rogers gigabit.

Found this Bell thread on Red Flag Deals and called the new customer promo number and was immediately offered gigabit Fibe for $85 a month ($50 discount is good for a year). Also given the option to add their app-based TV service for another $20 for the package that includes Sportsnet and TSN.

While it’s more than I’m paying now, it’s a better service. Scheduled install for 2 weeks from now and set a cancellation date with Rogers the next day. Will see if the threat of cancellation gets Rogers to sharpen their pencils. If not, I’m looking forward to switching to Bell Fibe.
                  you have to actually cancel. Threats have no effect.

people are getting 1GB Rogers for $50 fyi
                  MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Maybe you should read Ninja's post #51 above, and check out what jeffc is also saying.

I have been with Rogers for ever since they started it seems. Every year when they pull the increase fiasco, I call Bell to get a quote never once has Bell been a better deal or less per month than my Rogers deal. Sometimes the Devil you know is better.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Maybe you should read Ninja's post #51 above, and check out what jeffc is also saying.

I have been with Rogers for ever since they started it seems. Every year when they pull the increase fiasco, I call Bell to get a quote never once has Bell been a better deal or less per month than my Rogers deal. Sometimes the Devil you know is better.
                      I have a cancellation date set with Rogers. So far no retention call from them.

if I actually have to switch to Bell and then switch back to Rogers to get a good deal from them, then I’m not going through that hassle.

I’ve played the Rogers game for many years and had great pricing as low as under $50 all in for gigabit so I’m familiar with how it works.
                      Home
                      Ping G425 5-U
                      Titleist SM6 58*

Away
                      TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                      Ping G25 5-W

Comment

if I actually have to switch to Bell and then switch back to Rogers to get a good deal from them, then I’m not going through that hassle.

I’ve played the Rogers game for many years and had great pricing as low as under $50 all in for gigabit so I’m familiar with how it works.
                        You can call them

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

You can call them
                          Honestly if they’re not interested in keeping my business, I will switch. I’ve called them enough and been on hold enough over the years that they can make the effort to call me this time. Or not. Ball is in their court. They may not care about losing a 15+ year customer. That’s on them. I’m ready and willing to switch.
                          Home
                          Ping G425 5-U
                          Titleist SM6 58*

Away
                          TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                          Ping G25 5-W

Comment

Honestly if they’re not interested in keeping my business, I will switch. I’ve called them enough and been on hold enough over the years that they can make the effort to call me this time. Or not. Ball is in their court. They may not care about losing a 15+ year customer. That’s on them. I’m ready and willing to switch.
                            Just trying to save you a few bucks but it sounds like you’ve made up your mind. Devil you know vs the one you don’t as far as I’m concerned.

Comment

I was 30 plus. They don't care. And Bell was no better when I added up everything.

Comment

Retention probably won't call you.
                                The trick is apparently; to call them and say you missed their call, even though there was not a call.
                                That will get them talking, what's a few more minutes if you spent a ton already.
                                Believe US, Bell will not be any better, only their promises.
                                Last edited by 4underthru9; Jan 23, 2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X