Collapse

Djokovic and Australian Open

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djokovic and Australian Open

seems the chance to be able to play is very little. it is a huge loss for tennis fans

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...ustralian-open
    https://deadspin.com/let-me-breakdow...ess-1848326698

Not sure what he or the tennis association were expecting given what the people of Australia have been through with respect to lockdowns.

What ever local government official who initially approved the exemption was clearly a little out of touch with the current situation in Australia.
    In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
    and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Wow fans before safety! Way to go breaker.
      In Europe today, Germany soccer game ZERO fans, UK Chelsea Chesterfield game, PACKED.
      plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

I hope organizers can keep the AOpen safe, and in the meantime, I am able to watch remotely the king of the tennis sets a history record. what a possible excitement

Comment

Originally posted by Breakpar View Post
          I hope organizers can keep the AOpen safe, and in the meantime, I am able to watch remotely the king of the tennis sets a history record. what a possible excitement
          Facepalm!

It isn't about the tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

Facepalm!

It isn't about the tennis.
            Lol....his post history is not any better

Click image for larger version  Name:	D65496EC-065F-4B57-A428-E3D8A0010BE2.png Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	3488042

Comment

when things go extreme, often turn out to be lose/lose. black vs white only divides people, most of us live in grey.

Comment

tracking people post history, life is boring

Comment

The people running the event want the world number one
                  in their event..it means fans and $$$ in their pockets...
                  the people were locked down for over 250+ days at one
                  point..
                  this guy refuses vaccinations..speaks against them and
                  has been infected twice....Should Australia reward him
                  for caring about their citizens? I doubt it jmo

Comment

I used to like Djokovic, but he's really lost it here.

He missed the deadline to apply for an exemption by about a week. He tested positive for Covid on the 16th and then did a bunch of photo shoots, maskless with kids.

The Aus Tennis association "may" have given him permission to play, but he doesn't meet the Aus Government's rules for getting into the county.

Talk about entitled....

Remember when in the early days of the pandemic he made up his own little mini-tour in Serbia and Croatia?

16 players, including himself. No masks, no social distancing, just carry on as normal.

How'd that work out? From wiki....

Aftermath[edit]

It was revealed on 21 June that Grigor Dimitrov tested positive for COVID-19 after participating in the Zadar event and then returning to his home in Monaco.[14] The announcement by Dimitrov on Instagram took place shortly before the final was to be played in Zadar, with the crowd awaiting the players to enter the court. After Dimitrov's announcement, the final was cancelled.[11]

Social media posts and photographs of the players showed them hugging, shaking hands, playing basketball, and dancing together during the event, as well as during the previous event a week and a half earlier in Belgrade.[15]

Borna Ćorić, who played against Dimitrov at the Zadar event and was seen to hug Dimitrov before the game, also revealed on 22 June that he tested positive for COVID-19.[16] Viktor Troicki and his pregnant wife Aleksandra announced they had tested positive hours later.[5]

On 23 June, Djokovic announced that both he and his wife Jelena had also tested positive for COVID-19.[17]

On 26 June, Djokovic's coach Goran Ivanišević confirmed that he had tested positive for the virus as well.[18]
                    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

Fair view with facts,

When tennis is beyond tennis, things get complex.

not sure if it's appropriate to have below comparison,

During two weeks in the past Tokyo Olympics, they had reported more than 320 Covid cases linked to the game. This includes not just athletes, but also employees of the Olympics organising committee and of national committees as well as contractors and other employees and volunteers working at the games, as well as members of the media.

Most of the cases were Japanese nationals, and many were amongst contractors providing services for the Games.
                      But there have also been cases among foreign nationals - mostly amongst officials and staff associated with overseas teams and national Olympic committees rather than amongst the athletes themselves. considering the delayed Tokyo 2020 Olympics has drawn more than 11,600 athletes competed for glory. I would say the risk is very minimal.

How many tennis players will be in total in AOpen? I would say much less than 11,600. I would feel more confident that Australian people can hold a safe game. To brutally remove the king of the tennis is lose/lose. I wish people can work out a win/win solution.

Comment

How many tennis players will be in total in AOpen? I would say much less than 11,600. I would feel more confident that Australian people can hold a safe game. To brutally remove the king of the tennis is lose/lose. I wish people can work out a win/win solution.
                        There is a win/win situation . . . follow the rules/laws, in this case get your vaccine then you can play . . .

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

He should have done it before he had entered Melbourne. but the game will start at Jan 17. It is kind of too late for him to get vaccine now.

Comment

am I naïve? what about let him play, by the end of his last match, get vaccine right away?

Comment

He should have done it before he had entered Melbourne. but the game will start at Jan 17. It is kind of too late for him to get vaccine now.
                              You are right . . . he should have been thinking about this a while back . . . He has coaches, doctors, chiro, . . . I am sure somebody told him last summer that he won't be able to play in Australia or France or . . . it is ALL on him . . .

Was he not disqualified one time for hitting a lines person with a ball in anger . . . maybe they should have gave him a break . . . afterall people are there to watch him . . . he just has to follow the rules/laws . . .
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X