Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

A School Won 92-4 in Basketball. Then the Coach Was Suspended

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A School Won 92-4 in Basketball. Then the Coach Was Suspended

    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/06/n...all-coach.html



    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	354
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	3488039

  • #2
    Sounds like Western vs Windsor in football.
    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 9.5* , Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 14.5*,Accra FX 140 2.0 M3
    TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 17.5*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
    TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
    TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 56/10, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo
    TXG Custom PXG Brandon, 34.5"

    Comment


    • #3
      A guy has to be a real loser to get any gratification from running up the score in a girl's basketball game.

      I can't wait to hear his statement saying "That's not who I am.". Except, it really is.

      Sorry, not sorry...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Benz View Post
        A guy has to be a real loser to get any gratification from running up the score in a girl's basketball game.

        I can't wait to hear his statement saying "That's not who I am.". Except, it really is.

        Sorry, not sorry...
        They get paid down there, it's an actual job unlike up here where it's basically which teacher will volunteer their time. If you have a team that can't score more than 4 points in a game, maybe rethink having a team...

        Comment


        • #5
          Absolutely awful . . .

          Lyman Hall Coach Tom Lipka told the Hartford Courant that the Kirck’s team “showed no mercy throughout.”

          “Sacred Heart pressed for most of the first half then called it off and went into a tight man-to-man defense trying to get steals,” Lipka said.

          “They fast-breaked the entire game right to the end. They never went into a zone and continued to push the ball up the court and shoot threes whenever they could,” he continued. “They showed no mercy throughout.”

          The Courant noted that Sacred Heart pulled its starters in the fourth quarter while 12 different players scored.



          He knew before the game started that it was going to be a blowout. You mixed up starter with subs and make 2 lines . . . play zone . . . absolutely no fast break . . . let the weaker players take more shots . . . At the end the score is 46-10 and nobody hears about it. He deserved all the criticizing . . . You respect the other team and players . . .

          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Benz View Post
            . A guy has to be a real loser to

            you could just have stopped there
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
              Absolutely awful . . .

              Lyman Hall Coach Tom Lipka told the Hartford Courant that the Kirck’s team “showed no mercy throughout.”

              “Sacred Heart pressed for most of the first half then called it off and went into a tight man-to-man defense trying to get steals,” Lipka said.

              “They fast-breaked the entire game right to the end. They never went into a zone and continued to push the ball up the court and shoot threes whenever they could,” he continued. “They showed no mercy throughout.”

              The Courant noted that Sacred Heart pulled its starters in the fourth quarter while 12 different players scored.



              He knew before the game started that it was going to be a blowout. You mixed up starter with subs and make 2 lines . . . play zone . . . absolutely no fast break . . . let the weaker players take more shots . . . At the end the score is 46-10 and nobody hears about it. He deserved all the criticizing . . . You respect the other team and players . . .
              This works. I've been on both ends. You have to work on something with the starters. But after 15-20 up pull it back. Unless of course the other guy did it to you in another year....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

                They get paid down there, it's an actual job unlike up here where it's basically which teacher will volunteer their time. If you have a team that can't score more than 4 points in a game, maybe rethink having a team...
                There is no need to do that. 6-4 would have resulted in the same team result. That is an extreme example on purpose.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

                  There is no need to do that. 6-4 would have resulted in the same team result. That is an extreme example on purpose.
                  I disagree. As I said, this is a real job down there, if anything, this was just a practice for his squad. People need to stop getting butt hurt over competition like it's a bad thing. If your team is that bad, and you still decide to field it, the rest is on you, not trying to seek mercy from the other side to save face.

                  Coddling the other school for 32 mins is far more insulting than what this score is. I'm sure it was already known that this was going to be a likely outcome, so why even bother playing the game at that point? If he was to play soft, he might lose his team (the real priority for him) after drilling into them hard work and dedication, which I'm sure the girls did if they are among the best in the state.

                  When we went to the US to play a couple of schools in high school, we would beat the piss out of the JV squad because that one didn't matter. Had to lose to the V squad and if we didn't, their coach would likely get fired from a $50k a year job in the early 2000s to coach high school bball. We didn't care as it was a road trip and got pizza.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

                    I disagree. As I said, this is a real job down there, if anything, this was just a practice for his squad. People need to stop getting butt hurt over competition like it's a bad thing. If your team is that bad, and you still decide to field it, the rest is on you, not trying to seek mercy from the other side to save face.

                    Coddling the other school for 32 mins is far more insulting than what this score is. I'm sure it was already known that this was going to be a likely outcome, so why even bother playing the game at that point? If he was to play soft, he might lose his team (the real priority for him) after drilling into them hard work and dedication, which I'm sure the girls did if they are among the best in the state.

                    When we went to the US to play a couple of schools in high school, we would beat the piss out of the JV squad because that one didn't matter. Had to lose to the V squad and if we didn't, their coach would likely get fired from a $50k a year job in the early 2000s to coach high school bball. We didn't care as it was a road trip and got pizza.
                    It’s called sportsmanship. Coach is a douche.
                    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

                      It’s called sportsmanship. Coach is a douche.
                      Only goes so far. I'd bet he's under a fair amount of pressure, did what he felt was best for his team and stuck with it. I think sportsmanship is vastly over rated and would take a team with drive over sportsmanship any day.

                      If his team didn't feel this was a good idea or are against his style, then I'm sure more will come out given the story has gotten out. If his team is fine with it, are you then going to call them out as well?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

                        They get paid down there, it's an actual job unlike up here where it's basically which teacher will volunteer their time. If you have a team that can't score more than 4 points in a game, maybe rethink having a team...
                        Maybe the 4-point team plays for the sport of it and the experience.

                        The other team, however, just plays to make others look bad.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

                          Only goes so far. I'd bet he's under a fair amount of pressure, did what he felt was best for his team and stuck with it. I think sportsmanship is vastly over rated and would take a team with drive over sportsmanship any day.

                          If his team didn't feel this was a good idea or are against his style, then I'm sure more will come out given the story has gotten out. If his team is fine with it, are you then going to call them out as well?
                          You can be a great coach and not be a douche.

                          the school agreed and suspended him.

                          and a catholic school no less.
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

                            Only goes so far. I'd bet he's under a fair amount of pressure, did what he felt was best for his team and stuck with it. I think sportsmanship is vastly over rated and would take a team with drive over sportsmanship any day.

                            If his team didn't feel this was a good idea or are against his style, then I'm sure more will come out given the story has gotten out. If his team is fine with it, are you then going to call them out as well?
                            The team may have been fine with it (or not) but he got suspended from his job.

                            So his bosses were not okay with it. So if "it's a real job down there", then he should have been smarter at figuring out exactly what his job was.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nomullies View Post

                              This works. I've been on both ends. You have to work on something with the starters. But after 15-20 up pull it back. Unless of course the other guy did it to you in another year....
                              We had a very small school . . . between 100 and 150 kids . . . so I have been on both side of it. I had some chances to beat up on other teams . . . but that is not the way you teach kids. Respect your opponent always . . .

                              This guy is a loser . . . hopefully at 47 years old he has learn his lesson . . .

                              Come on gwelfgulfer . . . he finally pulled his starters in the 4th quarter . . . this is a chance to play your bottom/younger players and give them some valuable experience . . . also some teaching/coaching moments . . .
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Latest TGN Reviews


                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard


                              Collapse

                              Today's Birthdays


                              Working...
                              X