The Keg Takeout

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SliceHooker View Post

Maybe they want the keg steak spice?!
    You can buy it at the grocery store. We get it at Costco in a larger pack too. Always use Keg spice when we do steak at home. We have a charcoal BBQ to finish them. I’ve gone to a reverse sear for thick steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
      My sister has been to The Keg for takeout several times and was very happy with it.

Apparently they're very good at packaging the meals so that they stay warm and present well when opened.

It's worth a try.

Speaking for myself, in 35 years, I've never had a bad meal at The Keg.
      I’ve had a few bad ones actually.

Once at Markham Rd. My steak was so full of tough gristle it was simply not chewable but to their credit they just brought me a new one which was fine. I don’t blame them for it.

The other was Niagara Falls in the Fallsview where the prices are 25% higher than any other location. I ordered blue rare. I got well done and gray throughout. That one was pretty disappointing and totally on them. I forget if I sent it back or not now.

Otherwise I’m a goto on their Prime Rib. Always tender and always tasty. Some of the appetizers are also excellent.

I also like that they have 1 bite desserts. I’m not a big sweets eater and after a Keg meal don’t really need dessert but a bite of something sweet is a nice finish to a meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
        My all-time bar-none favourite dessert is plain cheesecake from The Keg.
        I like The Keg's Billy Miner Pie and I just can't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
          If you had to order Keg steaks to go, order them rare and finish them off at home on the bbq or under the grill.
          We went this route. Worked out ok, not great, but pretty good.
          EMTEE
          __________________________________________________ ____________________________

"It makes you realize that you're not only playing for the guys in the room with you now,
          but the guys who have been there before."
          (Jonathan Toews)

Titleist 910D3 9.5
          Titleist 913F 15*
          Titleist 913H 19*
          Titleist 910H 21*

Bridgestone J36 PC 5-PW Project X 5.0
          Titleist Vokey 52-08- 56-06, 60-08
          Betti BB1

Comment

If you want amazing steaks for takeout, order from Allens on the Danforth. They usually do a steak festival this time of year but who knows with Covid. The owner raises his own cattle and runs Butchers of Distinction.

https://www.facebook.com/allensdanfo...1330555573229/

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post

I like The Keg's Billy Miner Pie and I just can't lie.
              Billy for the win

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X