No announcement yet.
Collapse

Formula 1 - 2022 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to avoid this thread. We were away and unable to watch so I watched last night. WOW! That race had some of everything. The Zhou crash shows just how safe these cars are built for drivers. While he didn’t walk away he was walking around post race. Amazing.

The whole race was compelling which was super to see. Very happy for Sainz to get that monkey off his back. Not sure he’s got the stuff to beat Max when his car is working well but with Mercedes solving many of their issues we now have 4 - 5 teams that have cars that can compete with the big guns. Alonso looked like he came close to getting into a podium position with a few laps to go. That final restart was some of the best racing we’ve seen all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
      The Zhou crash shows just how safe these cars are built for drivers. While he didn’t walk away he was walking around post race. Amazing.
      The cars are safe, but I'm not so sure about the barriers.

Zhou's car was wedged between the back of the barrier and the safety fence.
      Imagine the scene if there had been any sort of fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

The cars are safe, but I'm not so sure about the barriers.

Zhou's car was wedged between the back of the barrier and the safety fence.
        Imagine the scene if there had been any sort of fire.
        Lack of fire I think is another safety feature. Although Grosjean’s crash a two years ago did rip the fuel cell open. Had there been a fire Zhou was in a lot more trouble for certain. Luckily for him perhaps the fence stopped his car from taking out a bunch of Marshall's who presumably had fire extinguishers.

Comment

• Tension in the Ferrari garage?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mot...v9v?li=AAggNb9

Comment

• Ferrari is an absolute mess right now, something needs to be done over there to shake things up.

Surprising, but welcome sight to see Merc 2-3. Good for them. Not the fastest car by any means, but one of the most reliable. Slow and steady.

Max looks to be untouchable right now the way things are going and how he is performing in the car too

Lastly, hoping to see a real good battle between Ferrari and Merc for 2nd in the constructors. I think Merc will catch up to them and possibly surpass in not too long from now. RB seems to be running away with it barring any catastrophe

Comment

• Alonso going to Aston Martin next year. Rumour of Riccardo going back to Alpine. Alpine says they have signed Oscar Piasti for next year, Oscar says he won't be driving for them. And will Mattia Binotto be back as Ferrari team principal after the summer break?

Comment

• Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
                Alonso going to Aston Martin next year. Rumour of Riccardo going back to Alpine. Alpine says they have signed Oscar Piasti for next year, Oscar says he won't be driving for them. And will Mattia Binotto be back as Ferrari team principal after the summer break?
                Oh the drama…the drama!

I do love F-1 tho.
                Callaway Maverick, Evenflow 65gm Reg, 45", 17 gm weight
                Callaway Rogue 13*, Evenflow 75 gm reg flex
                Callaway Rogue 15*, Evenflow 75 gm, reg flex
                Callaway Rogue 21* Hybrid, Aldila Rogue Black 85 gm
                TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
                Ping Stealth 54/14 and 58/14 wedges
                Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews