No announcement yet.
Collapse

Formula 1 - 2022 Season

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to avoid this thread. We were away and unable to watch so I watched last night. WOW! That race had some of everything. The Zhou crash shows just how safe these cars are built for drivers. While he didn’t walk away he was walking around post race. Amazing.

The whole race was compelling which was super to see. Very happy for Sainz to get that monkey off his back. Not sure he’s got the stuff to beat Max when his car is working well but with Mercedes solving many of their issues we now have 4 - 5 teams that have cars that can compete with the big guns. Alonso looked like he came close to getting into a podium position with a few laps to go. That final restart was some of the best racing we’ve seen all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
      The Zhou crash shows just how safe these cars are built for drivers. While he didn’t walk away he was walking around post race. Amazing.
      The cars are safe, but I'm not so sure about the barriers.

Zhou's car was wedged between the back of the barrier and the safety fence.
      Imagine the scene if there had been any sort of fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

The cars are safe, but I'm not so sure about the barriers.

Zhou's car was wedged between the back of the barrier and the safety fence.
        Imagine the scene if there had been any sort of fire.
        Lack of fire I think is another safety feature. Although Grosjean’s crash a two years ago did rip the fuel cell open. Had there been a fire Zhou was in a lot more trouble for certain. Luckily for him perhaps the fence stopped his car from taking out a bunch of Marshall's who presumably had fire extinguishers.

Comment

• Tension in the Ferrari garage?

Comment

• Ferrari is an absolute mess right now, something needs to be done over there to shake things up.

Surprising, but welcome sight to see Merc 2-3. Good for them. Not the fastest car by any means, but one of the most reliable. Slow and steady.

Max looks to be untouchable right now the way things are going and how he is performing in the car too

Lastly, hoping to see a real good battle between Ferrari and Merc for 2nd in the constructors. I think Merc will catch up to them and possibly surpass in not too long from now. RB seems to be running away with it barring any catastrophe

Comment

• Alonso going to Aston Martin next year. Rumour of Riccardo going back to Alpine. Alpine says they have signed Oscar Piasti for next year, Oscar says he won't be driving for them. And will Mattia Binotto be back as Ferrari team principal after the summer break?

Comment

• Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
                Alonso going to Aston Martin next year. Rumour of Riccardo going back to Alpine. Alpine says they have signed Oscar Piasti for next year, Oscar says he won't be driving for them. And will Mattia Binotto be back as Ferrari team principal after the summer break?
                Oh the drama…the drama!

I do love F-1 tho.
                Ping G430 9*, Ping Tour Chrome 65g Reg flex
                Ping G430 Max 3w and 5w, 75g Ping Tour Chrome Reg flex
                Ping G430 Max 22* Hybrid 85g Ping tour Max Reg flex
                TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
                Ping Glide 54/12 and 58/08 wedges
                Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”​

Comment

• Imagine seeing that coming up behind you on the highway

Comment

• Let’s go racing! Summer break is over!

Comment

• What max is able to get out of that car right now, he is untouchable. They should make him start back of the grid every race to at least make things interesting for half it.

Ferrari looked like they only had 5 gears. That might have been the slowest they have been all year.

I would love to imagine what Russell could do if he was in either one of the RB or Ferrari car's this year with the pace they have. He has been really consistent with a much slower Merc car. I would imagine he would be in the top 2 every race in one of those other two cars

Comment

• Ferrari's incompetence continues to amaze. The gamble for the fastest lap point ends up turning into a P5 to P6 due to the time penalty for speeding in the pit lane and they didn't even get the fastest lap. Their execution was just poor all around. From using the wrong tires in qualifying to not being able to execute a tow during Q3 to the fastest lap gamble.

Comment

• Originally posted by richuwo11 View Post
                          Ferrari's incompetence continues to amaze. The gamble for the fastest lap point ends up turning into a P5 to P6 due to the time penalty for speeding in the pit lane and they didn't even get the fastest lap. Their execution was just poor all around. From using the wrong tires in qualifying to not being able to execute a tow during Q3 to the fastest lap gamble.
                          They’re in such disarray, they were asking Leclrec during the race what strategy to go with.

They had such pace to start the season and then reliability started to suffer and now they can can’t even choose a proper tire.

Laughable really.

Mercedes will finish a faraway second in constructors.

Comment

• I’ve been quiet because I was traveling, had the race PVR’ed and didn’t want to see any spoilers.

I will say the first 2 laps of that race were some of the most exciting laps I’ve watched in F1 this year. Even after for a while but then the gaps gots so huge it settled down quite a bit.

Comment

• So in advance of the race I have a qualifying question. Mick Schumacher qualified 19th and has a 15 place grid penalty. Does this mean he starts from the race track parking lot or does he have to go all the way back to his hotel to start the race?

Comment

• Williams need to have a good look at their line up, the fact that devries was able to take points on his debut (regardless of grid penalties) is making a statement. Latifi should not even be allowed to drive anymore.

And as for Max, he is undrivable right now. And to think he started off the season with 1 or 2 DNFs and Leclerc having a pretty good jump to start is insane.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X