No announcement yet.
Collapse

2022 March Madnesses The Big Dances The NCAA BBall National Championships

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another year of college ball. Time will tell on the Kansas investigation I think most can agree the 2 best teams won.

Comment

Sad news today mpare . . . UConn star Paige Bueckers suffered a torn ACL in her left knee on Monday and will miss the 2022-23 season. It happened during a pick-up game . . .
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

That’s an awful development, especially in light of last year’s knee injury. With both those injuries in mind, Paige may never play professional ball. For such an outstanding athlete, that’s a terrible fate.

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
        Sad news today mpare . . . UConn star Paige Bueckers suffered a torn ACL in her left knee on Monday and will miss the 2022-23 season. It happened during a pick-up game . . .
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
          That’s an awful development, especially in light of last year’s knee injury. With both those injuries in mind, Paige may never play professional ball. For such an outstanding athlete, that’s a terrible fate.
          It is so scary. For a basketball (or other athletes) players your knees are the most important. Hopefully she takes time and let the doctors/trainers do their jobs.

It would be a shame not to have her in the WNBA.
          Last edited by Chambokl; Aug 3, 2022, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Jean-Guy, she remains an optimistic person. Here's what she posted on Instagram:

"It’s so so crazy because you work so hard to get back healthy, you feel stronger than ever, and you are playing your best basketball and with one sudden movement it all shifts. It’s hard trying to make sense of it all now but I can’t help but think that God is using me as a testimony as to how much you can overcome with Him by your side. Some little kid that just tore their ACL or had a major surgery might need this story P, because it’s going to be one hell of a comeback. There is going to be good days and there is going to be bad days but my absolute love for the game and Godly strength will get me back to where I need to be. I’ve worked too hard for the little kid in these pictures to keep going for the dreams Ive had since I first picked up the ball, so why would I stop now? The prayers and love means so much to me and the doubts that I won’t get back to where I was might mean even more. God put a dream in my heart and even if I have to walk through a nightmare to get it I’m going to keep believing. All love, P"

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

It is so scary. For a basketball (or other athletes) players your knees are the most important. Hopefully she takes time and let the doctors/trainers do their jobs.
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
              Jean-Guy, she remains an optimistic person. Here's what she posted on Instagram:

"It’s so so crazy because you work so hard to get back healthy, you feel stronger than ever, and you are playing your best basketball and with one sudden movement it all shifts. It’s hard trying to make sense of it all now but I can’t help but think that God is using me as a testimony as to how much you can overcome with Him by your side. Some little kid that just tore their ACL or had a major surgery might need this story P, because it’s going to be one hell of a comeback. There is going to be good days and there is going to be bad days but my absolute love for the game and Godly strength will get me back to where I need to be. I’ve worked too hard for the little kid in these pictures to keep going for the dreams Ive had since I first picked up the ball, so why would I stop now? The prayers and love means so much to me and the doubts that I won’t get back to where I was might mean even more. God put a dream in my heart and even if I have to walk through a nightmare to get it I’m going to keep believing. All love, P"
              Thanks Michael, it will be very hard on her. Hopefully she doesn't get discouraged. We probably all went through this at some time, but we were not playing at that level. Good on her for her optimism . . .

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X