Collapse

January 6 Select Committee Hearings.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 6 Select Committee Hearings.

I figured this needed its own thread. At least this one should end in a few weeks.

I've got CBS on one screen and Fox News on another. Stick a fork in America, it's done like dinner!
    TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Liz Cheney isn't pulling any punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
      Liz Cheney isn't pulling any punches.
      ...or, as they are saying on Faux News, "She's lying through her teeth"

Comment

As far as Trump is concerned, this is the nail in the coffin + dagger in the heart.

She could have said anything, but Ivanka decided to throw her father under the bus.

“It affected my perspective,” Ivanka Trump testified. “I respect Attorney General Barr, so I accepted what he was saying.”

Comment

If Fox is calling her a liar, then she’s telling the truth. That network will continue to act as the lead apologist for the disgraceful and seditious former guy.

For my part, I found the first hour compelling. I had my doubts that they’d be so direct in targeting Trump. They’re rightly not interested in treating this lying criminal with any respect.

Originally posted by WWFS View Post

...or, as they are saying on Faux News, "She's lying through her teeth"
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Fox is concentrating on the "security failures that were caused by Nancy Pelosi". Fox News (and Trump) assert that Trump requested 10,000 National Guard Troops for January 6, but Pelosi, as head of Capitol security, rejected them.

Even USA Today debunked those claims.
            Donald Trump recently repeated the false claim that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected his request for 10,000 National Guard troops ahead of Jan. 6.

Comment

More lies from the non-news, Trump sycophants.

Fox is concentrating on the "security failures that were caused by Nancy Pelosi". Fox News (and Trump) assert that Trump requested 10,000 National Guard Troops for January 6, but Pelosi, as head of Capitol security, rejected them.

Even USA Today debunked those claims.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                If Fox is calling her a liar, then she’s telling the truth. That network will continue to act as the lead apologist for the disgraceful and seditious former guy.

For my part, I found the first hour compelling. I had my doubts that they’d be so direct in targeting Trump. They’re rightly not interested in treating this lying criminal with any respect.

LIke you I watched much of the first hour and thought the same thing. She was very direct with the findings.

Comment

Hard to believe that anyone cannot see that Trump wanted to overthrow the duly elected government. When someone lies under oath or in the House isn't that perjury. America will have to pull up their socks as China and Russia has definitely undermined it's democracy by using a puppet intent on destroying it permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post
                    Hard to believe that anyone cannot see that Trump wanted to overthrow the duly elected government. When someone lies under oath or in the House isn't that perjury. America will have to pull up their socks as China and Russia has definitely undermined it's democracy by using a puppet intent on destroying it permanently.
                    For far too many in the US, overthrowing a duly elected government is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

I still don't see how the DoJ gets to the question of Trump's intent without a "John Dean". (Joe Valachi may be a better analogy) Either way, I just don't see that happening.

I find it unconscionable that Mike Pence can have heard last night's testimony and still believe the best thing to do is sit on the sidelines.

Comment

I am wondering if at the conclusion of the public hearings, the DOJ will have the courage to indict Trump

Comment

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post
                        I am wondering if at the conclusion of the public hearings, the DOJ will have the courage to indict Trump
                        I strongly doubt it.
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Trump trying to defend Ivanka.

Comment

For far too many in the US, overthrowing a duly elected government is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

I still don't see how the DoJ gets to the question of Trump's intent without a "John Dean". (Joe Valachi may be a better analogy) Either way, I just don't see that happening.

I find it unconscionable that Mike Pence can have heard last night's testimony and still believe the best thing to do is sit on the sidelines.
                            Mike should speak up. He’s only polling at 1% in primaries for the nomination. What has he got to lose now?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Mike should speak up. He’s only polling at 1% in primaries for the nomination. What has he got to lose now?
                              I always think these people have book deals pending and don't want to spill everything and hurt sales.
                              Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                              Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                              Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                              Ping G400 4H - 22*
                              Ping G400 5 - UW
                              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                              Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                              Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X