This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Emtee View Post

Or be moved to somewhere where he could play regularly.
    I was thinking trade bait, maybe Vancouver in a package for Horvat. Vancouver is going nowhere this year and might just fit there. Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rifleman View Post

I was thinking trade bait, maybe Vancouver in a package for Horvat. Vancouver is going nowhere this year and might just fit there. Just a thought.
      Maybe a package of Robertson and Nylander would be palatable to Vancouver.
      Horvat is having a good campaign on a bad team, 30 goals thus far which is 36% more than the Leafs top goal getter, Nylander. In any event with Robertson surgery he's no longer a trade piece this season.

Love Horvat though and rumours are he's not happy with the $$ the Nucks are offering.....nor should he be if the reports are right....5.125 x 8. Frank Seravalli at Open Face Off indicates he's heard one team willing to pay Bo 9 million per. He's definitely in play though and I expect him to be shopped and moved to a contender. Apparently Edmonton is interested

Luke Schenn probably also on his way out of Van, he would be a great add for the Leafs IMO. If not him then Garikov.

some rumblings out there about Ryan O'Rielly and teams, one of which is TO.

If I'm Dubie I grab Luke Schenn and Ryan Reeves at the deadline
      Last edited by Weirfan; Jan 17, 2023, 06:35 AM.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Weirfan should be interesting and I especially like Schenn. I wouldn't like to see Nylander go anywhere. Very pleased with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Maybe a package of Robertson and Nylander would be palatable to Vancouver.
          Horvat is having a good campaign on a bad team, 30 goals thus far which is 36% more than the Leafs top goal getter, Nylander. In any event with Robertson surgery he's no longer a trade piece this season.

Love Horvat though and rumours are he's not happy with the $$ the Nucks are offering.....nor should he be if the reports are right....5.125 x 8. Frank Seravalli at Open Face Off indicates he's heard one team willing to pay Bo 9 million per. He's definitely in play though and I expect him to be shopped and moved to a contender. Apparently Edmonton is interested

Luke Schenn probably also on his way out of Van, he would be a great add for the Leafs IMO. If not him then Garikov.

some rumblings out there about Ryan O'Rielly and teams, one of which is TO.

If I'm Dubie I grab Luke Schenn and Ryan Reeves at the deadline
          Reaves? Seriously?
          Last edited by Jeffc; Jan 17, 2023, 10:54 AM.
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• If I am Dubas, what I am looking for is a left winger who can play on one of the top 2 lines.
            Currently the Leafs have nobody on their roster other than Bunting who can do that.

Or they wait until the last few weeks of the season and add 6'3" 210lb left winger Matthew Knies.
            At the age of 20 can he make the required transition/contribution?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
              If I am Dubas, what I am looking for is a left winger who can play on one of the top 2 lines.
              Currently the Leafs have nobody on their roster other than Bunting who can do that.

Or they wait until the last few weeks of the season and add 6'3" 210lb left winger Matthew Knies.
              At the age of 20 can he make the required transition/contribution?
              If he signs

Comment

• Originally posted by threeputt View Post

If he signs
                Was thinking same, he isn't signed to an ELC yet although it's likely just a formality.

One has to think that Knies wouldn't be part of any TDL rental acquisition BUT the Leaf's window is closing for that Championship win under the current contracts.....Mathews and Nylander both expire at end of next season. Johnny Mumbles and Mitch have 2 more seasons after this. Sure they could all re-sign but that's not a guarantee.

If the right trade came along that made them stronger , could Knies be in play? A win now attitude versus protect a potential but unproven player of the future.

IMO, this year is the Leafs best chance to challenge for a Cup since 2020 when they lost to Montreal.

Comment

• is PK the only one ?

P.K. Subban 'pretty surprised' that Maple Leafs, Oilers didn't try to sign him
                  https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl...162623335.html

Comment

is PK the only one ?

P.K. Subban 'pretty surprised' that Maple Leafs, Oilers didn't try to sign him
                    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl...162623335.html

P.K. was done. Nice guy but it was time to hang ‘‘em up.

Comment

• This game is getting ugly, quick. Murray let in 4 goals on just 8 shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                        This game is getting ugly, quick. Murray let in 4 goals on just 8 shots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4CE1C56-3A1B-4000-B4D9-D79B4D7C2B42.gif
Views:	96
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	3626314

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                          This game is getting ugly, quick. Murray let in 4 goals on just 8 shots.
                          calling a Leafs comeback win , wouldn't bet 1.4 million on it though

Comment

• Willy Styles gets it done.

Great wheels on him.
                            Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                            Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                            Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                            Ping G400 4H - 22*
                            Ping G400 5 - UW
                            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                            Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                            Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

calling a Leafs comeback win , wouldn't bet 1.4 million on it though
                              Probably should have lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                                Willy Styles gets it done.

Great wheels on him.
                                Wasn't somebody just suggesting he be traded to Vancouver?
                                In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                                and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X