This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
    Pretty solid game all around. Both Reilly and Matthews looking much better (AM is even smiling which means his game is going for him).

Samsonov looked great for all but 1 shot (and a very sketchy play behind the net).

Hated the back to back missed/blown calls. Hopefully Acciari is back tomorrow.

Mitch was magic again, Nylander had nothing, and AM34 was one of the 3 stars - for a puck that got deflect into him and then into the net? Whatever. Things are looking up.
    Read Samsonov is 18-2-2 at home.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
    Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
    Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
    Ping G400 4H - 22*
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Read Samsonov is 18-2-2 at home.
      Reasonable

Comment

• Scoring 5 against the Canes, one of the best defensive teams in the league, is a good nights work
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

When did 2nd in the Atlantic become a wild card spot? ...
          When I looked at it? I don't usually look at stats for other teams. Not sure how I missed that.

The point remains, if that one stat alone told the story, Edmonton would be above Toronto in the league instead of where they are. Having generational talent will help pull your team up the standings. It won't win you a cup.
          In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
          and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post
            When I looked at it? I don't usually look at stats for other teams. Not sure how I missed that.

The point remains, if that one stat alone told the story, Edmonton would be above Toronto in the league instead of where they are. Having generational talent will help pull your team up the standings. It won't win you a cup.
            I thought you just got the two teams reversed when you posted.

Comment

• Heard Simmonds and McCann might be in tonight.
              Acciari didn’t make the trip to Ottawa, hopefully he’s okay.

Seems refs are getting worse across the league.
              I think they should find a way to empower linesman more in making calls or contributing to decisions.

Like in baseball, a home plate umpire may ask for help from a colleague in determining a call.
              Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
              Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
              Ping G400 4H - 22*
              Ping G400 5 - UW
              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

Seems refs are getting worse across the league.
                I think they should find a way to empower linesman more in making calls or contributing to decisions.

32.3 General Duties – The Linesmen are generally responsible for calling violations of off-side (Rule 83) and icing (Rule 81). They may stop play for a variety of other situations as noted in sections 32.4 and 33.5 below.

32.4 Reporting to Referee – The Linesman shall give to the Referees his interpretation of any incident that may have taken place during the game.

The Linesman may stop play and report what he witnessed to the Referees when:

(i) There are too many men on the ice (Rule 74)
                (ii) Articles are thrown on the ice from the players’ bench or penalty bench (Rule 75)
                (iii) When team personnel interfere with a game official (Rule 39)
                (iv) When a player who has lost or broken his stick receives one illegally (Rule 10)

The Linesman must report upon completion of play, any circumstances pertaining to:

(v) Major penalties (Rule 20)
                (vi) Match penalties (Rule 21)
                (vii) Misconduct penalties (Rule 22)
                (viii) Game Misconduct penalties (Rule 23)
                (ix) Abuse of Officials (Rule 39)
                (x) Physical Abuse of Officials (Rule 40)
                (xi) Unsportsmanlike Conduct (Rule 75)

Should a Linesman witness a foul (above) committed by an attacking player (undetected by the Referees) prior to the attacking team scoring a goal, the Linesman shall report what he witnessed to the Referees, the goal shall be disallowed and the appropriate penalty assessed.

The Linesman must stop play immediately and report to the Referees when:

(xii) When it is apparent that an injury has resulted from a high-stick that has gone undetected by the Referees and requires the assessment of a double-minor penalty. (Rule 60)

32.5 Stopping Play – The Linesman shall stop play:

(i) When premature substitution of the goalkeeper has occurred (Rule 71)
                (ii) When he deems that a player has sustained a serious injury and this has gone undetected by either of the Referees (Rule 8)
                (iii) For encroachment into the face-off area (Rule 76)
                (iv) When the puck has been directed with a hand to a teammate in any zone other than the defending zone and this has(v) When the puck has been batted with the hand by either center in an attempt to win the face-off in any zone (Rule 76)
                (vi) When the puck is struck by a stick above the normal height of the shoulders and this has gone undetected by either of the Referees (Rule 80)
                (vii) When either team ices the puck (Rule 81)
                (viii) When there has been interference by/with spectators (Rule 24)
                (ix) For any infraction of the rules concerning offside play at the blue line (Rule 83)
                (x) When the puck is out of bounds or unplayable (Rule 85)
                (xi) When a goal has been scored that has not been observed by the Referees (Rule 78)
                (xii) When the puck is interfered with by an ineligible player/person (Rule 5, 74, 78, 84)
                (xiii) The calling of a penalty shot under Rule 53
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

32.3 General Duties – The Linesmen are generally responsible for calling violations of off-side (Rule 83) and icing (Rule 81). They may stop play for a variety of other situations as noted in sections 32.4 and 33.5 below.

32.4 Reporting to Referee – The Linesman shall give to the Referees his interpretation of any incident that may have taken place during the game.

(ii) Articles are thrown on the ice from the players’ bench or penalty bench (Rule 75)
                  (iv) When a player who has lost or broken his stick receives one illegally (Rule 10)

The Linesman must report upon completion of play, any circumstances pertaining to:

Should a Linesman witness a foul (above) committed by an attacking player (undetected by the Referees) prior to the attacking team scoring a goal, the Linesman shall report what he witnessed to the Referees, the goal shall be disallowed and the appropriate penalty assessed.

(xii) When it is apparent that an injury has resulted from a high-stick that has gone undetected by the Referees and requires the assessment of a double-minor penalty. (Rule 60)

(ii) When he deems that a player has sustained a serious injury and this has gone undetected by either of the Referees (Rule 8)
                  (iv) When the puck has been directed with a hand to a teammate in any zone other than the defending zone and this has(v) When the puck has been batted with the hand by either center in an attempt to win the face-off in any zone (Rule 76)
                  (vi) When the puck is struck by a stick above the normal height of the shoulders and this has gone undetected by either of the Referees (Rule 80)
                  (ix) For any infraction of the rules concerning offside play at the blue line (Rule 83)
                  (xi) When a goal has been scored that has not been observed by the Referees (Rule 78)
                  (xii) When the puck is interfered with by an ineligible player/person (Rule 5, 74, 78, 84)
                  Yeah, that’s all well and good but take the Jarnkrok penalty, you’re telling me four sets of eyes couldn’t see that he was clearly pushed in to the goalie?
                  Those are the things I’m talking about.
                  Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                  Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                  Ping G400 4H - 22*
                  Ping G400 5 - UW
                  Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                  Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• It’s easy to make calls with the benefits of multiple replays. The game is played by humans, who make mistakes as do the officials, who are human. Personally I am fine with things as they are.

Comment

Yeah, that’s all well and good but take the Jarnkrok penalty, you’re telling me four sets of eyes couldn’t see that he was clearly pushed in to the goalie?
                      Those are the things I’m talking about.
                      Only 2 sets of eyes had the authority to make that call, and one set may not have been focused on it. The back referee may have been looking at something else. The closer official saw what happened, but made the wrong call. Stuff happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Only 2 sets of eyes had the authority to make that call, and one set may not have been focused on it. The back referee may have been looking at something else. The closer official saw what happened, but made the wrong call. Stuff happens.
                        He had to push Jarnkrok a couple of times to get him to the goalie, couldn’t have got the call more wrong if he tried, that’s the things a linesman should be able to help with.
                        Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                        Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                        Ping G400 4H - 22*
                        Ping G400 5 - UW
                        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

If I remember correctly Kerry Fraser has repeated multiple times that he asked his linesmen about the Gretzky high stick on Gilmour. If either of the linesman had told him that they saw it and believed that it deserved a penalty he would have called it.

Comment

• Nobody had Kerfoot scoring the shootout winner I bet.
                            Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                            Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                            Ping G400 4H - 22*
                            Ping G400 5 - UW
                            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

• I can’t believe Ottawa will not make the playoffs….solid team. Leafs got away with that one…50 shots on Murray

Comment

• Originally posted by unskinnybop99 View Post
                                I can’t believe Ottawa will not make the playoffs….solid team. Leafs got away with that one…50 shots on Murray
                                AHL goalie and too much inconsistency (and missing Norris for most of the season didn't help). But the core is there and they will get better.

I'm gonna predict Stützle will be top 10 in scoring next year.
                                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X