Collapse

Lamborghini speeder identification

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamborghini speeder identification

Does anyone know if the person who got caught going 170km/h was ever identified?

It wasn't me

Comment

I thought it was 170 over.

It was not my son-in-law.

Comment

He's been charged and the Lambo impounded for 14 days, his D/L suspended for 30.

I have not seen his actual name.

Was going 170 in a 60 zone, so that's a little "hot". And stupid.

If your gonna do stuff like that, take to the track - or at least a quiet stretch of highway.

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Police said the vehicle was recorded allegedly driving 170 km/h in a 60 km/h zone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	287551294_1163547181044486_882550136663128626_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	3565467
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Just learned from York regional Police that they do not generally release the names of people charged under the Highway Traffic Act as the charges are provincial offences, not criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by foreright99 View Post
              Just learned from York regional Police that they do not generally release the names of people charged under the Highway Traffic Act as the charges are provincial offences, not criminal.
              170 in a 60 is a criminal offence.

https://www.legalline.ca/legal-answe...al-negligence/
              Last edited by Bern; Jul 12, 2022, 10:58 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Sister in law is a condo manager in a luxury building in North York. The garage is full of supercars, driven by young foreign students with no apparent source of income. Presume that the cars are basically "money laundering" by the parents to allow the student to live a life of immense luxury in our country. Nice gig. Like the kid in Markham that was kidnapped (supposedly) a few years ago and had an array of luxury cars.

I'd guess the driver of this Lambo fits into this category. Young, male, foreign student. The car and the condo will have been paid in cash.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                  Sister in law is a condo manager in a luxury building in North York. The garage is full of supercars, driven by young foreign students with no apparent source of income. Presume that the cars are basically "money laundering" by the parents to allow the student to live a life of immense luxury in our country. Nice gig. Like the kid in Markham that was kidnapped (supposedly) a few years ago and had an array of luxury cars.

I'd guess the driver of this Lambo fits into this category. Young, male, foreign student. The car and the condo will have been paid in cash.
                  in many cases the students have deceived their rich parents as to the cost of living in Canada and parents are sending huge sums of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post

in many cases the students have deceived their rich parents as to the cost of living in Canada and parents are sending huge sums of money.
                    Do you really think Chinese parents are that dumb?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                      He's been charged and the Lambo impounded for 14 days, his D/L suspended for 30.

I have not seen his actual name.

Was going 170 in a 60 zone, so that's a little "hot". And stupid.

If your gonna do stuff like that, take to the track - or at least a quiet stretch of highway.

Read on twitter that somewhere in Niagara a car passed a marked OPP cruiser doing 175km/h
                      Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                      Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                      Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                      Ping G400 4H - 22*
                      Ping G400 5 - UW
                      Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                      Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                      Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                      Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

Do you really think Chinese parents are that dumb?
                        yes(well not dumb but misinformed).

language barrier plays a role too.

i know of cases where parents though $1500 a week for grocery was reasonable for one student.

i know of another case where the student had not been in school for 2 years and was still getting 15K a month for expenses

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

170 in a 60 is a criminal offence.

https://www.legalline.ca/legal-answe...al-negligence/
                          Interesting point Bern. I reached out to the York Regional Police on that point and this is their response (from Manager, Corporate Communications at York Regional Police). I assume that HTA in the response refers to Highway Traffic Act.

The criminal charge of dangerous driving has a high evidentiary threshold and the HTA charge of stunt driving was deemed by the officer to be the appropriate charge in this case, along with the associated licence suspension and vehicle impound.

I am not an officer but it has been explained to me that speed alone does not constitute dangerous driving, that someone other than the driver must be in danger. If speed is associated with erratic driving, dangerous lane changes, swerving or making other vehicles take evasive action, that would constitute dangerous driving. However, there was no evidence of that.

Also if there was a passenger in the car, the officer could have come to the conclusion the passenger was in danger and then a dangerous driving charge could be laid in that circumstance.

We can’t lay a charge on what could have happened. The officer determined that no one other than the driver was in danger at the time he observed the high rate of speed and charged him accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by foreright99 View Post

Interesting point Bern. I reached out to the York Regional Police on that point and this is their response (from Manager, Corporate Communications at York Regional Police). I assume that HTA in the response refers to Highway Traffic Act.

The criminal charge of dangerous driving has a high evidentiary threshold and the HTA charge of stunt driving was deemed by the officer to be the appropriate charge in this case, along with the associated licence suspension and vehicle impound.

I am not an officer but it has been explained to me that speed alone does not constitute dangerous driving, that someone other than the driver must be in danger. If speed is associated with erratic driving, dangerous lane changes, swerving or making other vehicles take evasive action, that would constitute dangerous driving. However, there was no evidence of that.

Also if there was a passenger in the car, the officer could have come to the conclusion the passenger was in danger and then a dangerous driving charge could be laid in that circumstance.

We can’t lay a charge on what could have happened. The officer determined that no one other than the driver was in danger at the time he observed the high rate of speed and charged him accordingly.

The driver isn't omniscient, all it takes is one person turning onto the road. The reason we have the lower speed limit is there are generally many intersections, driveways and traffic.

I know there is a difference between the charges in the Ontario HTA and the criminal code. Dangerous driving is the one that is a criminal offence. Once you are in an urban area, going 110 over the speed limit you really don't deserve a license. The danger is we have to wait for these idiots to kill/maim people to give them a criminal record. I'll confess to excessive speeding, lots of it, but it certainly wasn't in a 60.

Comment

I hear you Bern,

Spoke with a Staff Sergeant at York Regional Police today to get an explanation for the seemingly light sentence. It was explained to me that the investigating officer is limited as to what penalties can be imposed on the spot (car impound, licence suspension). Anything beyond that would be imposed when this person appears for their court date (Newmarket Provincial Court), which appears to have not taken place yet. The Staff Sergeant was unable to share the court date but suggested we might be able to get it if we show up at the courthouse. But with courts being crammed, exact time and date might be a challenge. But he did indicate that those hearings are open to the public.

It would be at this time that the driver could face additional penalties (imposed by a justice of the peace) including jail time, a longer licence suspension, demerit points, driver improvement course, fines etc.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X