Collapse

2022 2023 Ottawa Senators

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
    Bit of a homecoming for the Chychruns. I believe that he has some 'roots' in the Ottawa area. The father played his first year of junior in Nepean, and I believe some minor hockey there as well.

Seems like an underpay by Ottawa.

Chychrun is 24, big, was the top goal scorer among defensemen in the NHL 2 years ago and has 2 years on his contract at $4.6 million.

Vancouver traded a 1st and a 2nd to Detroit for Hronek and a 4th. Hronek is 25 and has one more year at $4.4.

Edmonton traded a 1st, a 4th and w players for Ekholm, who is 32 and has 3 more years at $6.25.
    The difference is that Arizona didn't have to get any players in return. Edmonton would have had to give a contract back to fit him (Chychruns) under the cap. (for example)

Ottawa just added his contract and is still good under the cap.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

The difference is that Arizona didn't have to get any players in return. Edmonton would have had to give a contract back to fit him (Chychruns) under the cap. (for example)

I get that except Edmonton didn't give up any roster players either, the guy they gave up was in junior. Interesting. When I first heard of the trade I thought Ottawa got a great deal , "only" giving up the 3 picks. Given what I have seen around the league, I still think that. Well done Dorion.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I get that except Edmonton didn't give up any roster players either, the guy they gave up was in junior. Interesting. When I first heard of the trade I thought Ottawa got a great deal , "only" giving up the 3 picks. Given what I have seen around the league, I still think that. Well done Dorion.
        Did you forgot they send Tyson Barrie and they also retain a small part of Ekholm salary for the next 3 years???
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Yes despite his defensive shortcomings, I believe that Edmonton would have preferred to have kept Barrie for this season to QB their powerplay.

Comment

Did you forgot they send Tyson Barrie and they also retain a small part of Ekholm salary for the next 3 years???
            Yup, I forgot about Barrie. Kind of ironic.
            Last edited by 4wedges; Mar 2, 2023, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Brassard in his 1000th game scores 2 to lead the Sens to a 5-3 win against the Rangers and Kane's debut. Beauty win.
              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                Brassard in his 1000th game scores 2 to lead the Sens to a 5-3 win against the Rangers and Kane's debut. Beauty win.
                I missed most of it because I wasn’t home but really happy to see them beat the Rangers!

Comment

• Sens got blown out by Chicago 5 - 0 last night. Hopefully it's just a one off, and they turn in a much better effort tonight vs. Seattle.

Comment

Sens got blown out by Chicago 5 - 0 last night. Hopefully it's just a one off, and they turn in a much better effort tonight vs. Seattle.
                    They **** the bed to put it mildly. Thats twice Chicago has beaten them in the past few weeks.

Comment

• Brady was not to pleased during and after the game.
                      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                      Ping Hoofer

Comment

Sens got blown out by Chicago 5 - 0 last night. Hopefully it's just a one off, and they turn in a much better effort tonight vs. Seattle.
                        It was fugly for sure. I watched into the 3rd and kept hoping they’d find game but they never did.

ETA Seattle game is Thursday. This is one of only 3 - 2 days between games they have left this regular season if I remember correctly or maybe it was in the next 20 game stretch.

Comment

Pretty sure that the Hawks' owner and GM are just as upset about this win as the Sens are about the loss.

Have you checked out the Hawks line-up. As Sean McIndoe posted this week about the Hawks' roster:

That’s the team you get when your video game doesn’t pay for the NHLPA license and you can’t convince me otherwise.

Comment

• Apparently Talbot is out for 3 weeks with a leg injury. They are down to 2 kids who have a combined about a dozen starts in their careers. Yikes.

Comment

Apparently Talbot is out for 3 weeks with a leg injury. They are down to 2 kids who have a combined about a dozen starts in their careers. Yikes.
                              Not ideal but both have played pretty good in their limited roles and they have little option at this point. If they play well then this could have a positive effect. Regardless they weren’t expected to make it after the first 2 months of the season so little to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Not ideal but both have played pretty good in their limited roles and they have little option at this point. If they play well then this could have a positive effect. Regardless they weren’t expected to make it after the first 2 months of the season so little to lose.
                                That seems like an ideal time to give some young guys a little more ice time to build up experience.
                                In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                                and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X