/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

US Customs Asks Woman if she has had an abortion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
    What’s next - sir - are all of them organs yours?
    "I'm sorry sir, but you are only allowed one kidney."
    In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
    and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

I don't agree. Never have we had more access to air our grievances publicly than in the last 30 years. If you want to call masking being controlled I would advise you to travel. By travel, I mean to third world countries not just all inclusives or world cruises.
      I don't set my bar relative to third world countries nor do I desire to visit them.

Comment

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post

I don't set my bar relative to third world countries nor do I desire to visit them.
        Not sure where you set your bar?
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
          Greetings from Lewiston NY. Here for lady's Nexus interview tomorrow. Only question was "Are you vaccinated?" Answered "Yes" and she said "Have a nice visit." Didn't ask to see proof or why or how long we are visiting. Have already done the Arrivecan for return on Friday.
          Nexus interview was on time and not any trouble. Made a nice midweek trip for us. Crossing back our border agent was humorless and gruff. Guess not her best day. Minor gripe. Now we will both have Nexus. Not much of a delay either side.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
            The situations are entirely different in my estimation. The state can make a compelling argument in favour of why asking about one’s vaccination status, especially during a pandemic. Here the health and safety of others may be implicated. No such argument can be made in the state’s favour with respect to asking about a woman’s pregnancy or whether she’s had an abortion.
            Privacy is privacy ... slippery slope when you make exceptions regardless of the situation. Give an inch and never get it back.
            I guess you still believe the MSM, government, public health and Px narrative, while I've rarely worn a mask in public since MAR2020.

Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
            Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
            Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

From a Canadian perspective, I believe in the manner in which our Charter of Rights has been crafted and interpreted, more specifically, the idea that our rights are not absolute. In certain cases, public health and safety, for example, the government is permitted to breach those rights in a limited manner to ensure public health and safety. I have never subscribed to the absolutist view. By the way, the breach here, if a breach occurred (and I think that it did), was in the USA. Their rules apply; our Charter does not. However, if such questions had been posed in Canada (yes I know that our circumstances regarding abortion rights are different), Canadian courts would likely have found the customs officer’s questions egregious and an unjustifiable breach of the individual’s Charter privacy rights. The ultimate reaction by the SCOTUS to such questioning is anyone's guess given the majority's views.

With all that said, it will come as no surprise that I was not sympathetic to the trucker’s convoy members’ appeal to the absolutist (me-first) view, which you appear to favour. Fortunately, our courts weren’t and aren't buying their position either.

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
              Privacy is privacy ... slippery slope when you make exceptions regardless of the situation. Give an inch and never get it back.
              I guess you still believe the MSM, government, public health and Px narrative, while I've rarely worn a mask in public since MAR2020.
              Last edited by mpare; Aug 6, 2022, 09:12 AM.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X