Collapse

Brittney Griner Sentenced

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
    Wondering how many Americans are in the same situation she is in?

If she wasn't a celebrity would we even be talking about an exchange?
    Celebrity? I never heard of her before this scandal. Attendance at WNBA games rivals that of OHL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post

Celebrity? I never heard of her before this scandal. Attendance at WNBA games rivals that of OHL teams.
      She's won a Olympic medal and aruguably one of the best womens basketball players.

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post

She's won a Olympic medal and aruguably one of the best womens basketball players.
        Like I said, never heard of her.

Comment

Thanks to Brittney Griner, everybody knows the name of a WNBA player now.

Comment

Meanwhile, another American, Marc Fogel, was just recently sentenced to 14 years in a Russian hard labour camp when medical marijuana was found in his luggage when arriving at the airport.
            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Because you don't know her doesn't mean she is not a celebrity. There is a lot of celebrity that I don't know, but it doesn't mean anything to me. I just don't know them . . . not a big deal.
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Because you don't know her doesn't mean she is not a celebrity. There is a lot of celebrity that I don't know, but it doesn't mean anything to me. I just don't know them . . . not a big deal.
                In December of 2021, I doubt there were more than 2 people on this site who knew who she was. I can't name a single gold medal shotputter either despite their athletic achievements.

Celebrity is a condition of fame and broad public recognition of a person or group as a result of the attention given to them by mass media.

So I will continue to disagree.

Comment

Brittney is famous but not necessarily for her basketball before this arrest. She is more famous about her audacious claims she could beat Boogie Cousins one on one...

Even though she sounds like a man, and built like a man more than a woman. She would get wrecked against Boogie...

Comment

Originally posted by WWFS View Post
                    Meanwhile, another American, Marc Fogel, was just recently sentenced to 14 years in a Russian hard labour camp when medical marijuana was found in his luggage when arriving at the airport.
                    Yet none of the pro athletes in the U.S. are campaigning for his release

Comment

In December of 2021, I doubt there were more than 2 people on this site who knew who she was. I can't name a single gold medal shotputter either despite their athletic achievements.

Celebrity is a condition of fame and broad public recognition of a person or group as a result of the attention given to them by mass media.

So I will continue to disagree.
                      Just to let you know in 2013 there was some outrage on TGN because Inbee Park didn't win AP Athlete of the Year . . . Brittney Griner was 2nd . . . Serena was first . . .

In College she led Baylor to the Women's Championship . . . and she was the MVP of the Tournament. Also won the gold at the Olympic twice.

Maybe follow this year NCAA Women basketball thread and you will learn about some young unbelievable athlete. Aliyah, Paige, Caitlin . . . maybe talk to MPare, he will bring you up-to-date. (Just teasing)

Comment

Just to let you know in 2013 there was some outrage on TGN because Inbee Park didn't win AP Athlete of the Year . . . Brittney Griner was 2nd . . . Serena was first . . .

In College she led Baylor to the Women's Championship . . . and she was the MVP of the Tournament. Also won the gold at the Olympic twice.

Maybe follow this year NCAA Women basketball thread and you will learn about some young unbelievable athlete. Aliyah, Paige, Caitlin . . . maybe talk to MPare, he will bring you up-to-date. (Just teasing)
                        On that note, Paige Bueckers did her ACL in a pick up game. Shame, she's awesome.

Comment

Saying "I've never heard of her" has two possible explanations.

She's truly unremarkable or..... she's remarkable at something I don't follow.

I don't watch NFL or F1 and only know a handful of the biggest names, but I'm pretty sure there are dozens of others who are quite famous. My lack of knowledge is not a very good measure of that.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by johnny canuck View Post

On that note, Paige Bueckers did her ACL in a pick up game. Shame, she's awesome.
                            Yes, posted in another thread. So sad, hopefully her rehabilitation goes well.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X