Collapse

Boston or Chicago

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston or Chicago

Ok, for you travelers, wife and I are going for a ride for 4-5 days, most likely no golf, thinking of Boston or Chicago, do any of you have any opinions on where to point the vehicle, haven't been to either place, they seem to be comparable in things to do and sites to see, are they ??, anyone have a preference and why, thanks for any suggestions,,,
    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
    Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
    Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
    Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Pro V1x Left Dash
    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Both are great, and you can’t go wrong but my preference is Chicago if for nothing else the architecture. The magnificent mile, Hancock tower, Sears tower, navy pier, lakeshore, Art Institute of Chicago, Blues bars, the list is long.

I’m not a seafood guy so that allure in Boston doesn’t do it for me and love Chicago pizza. Baseball is iconic in both cities like. Boston has more history (freedom trail is a great way to see it) and the north end Italian district has a great vibe. you can go to Plymouth and then to the cape as well.

You really can’t go wrong with either.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      Both are great, and you can’t go wrong but my preference is Chicago if for nothing else the architecture. The magnificent mile, Hancock tower, Sears tower, navy pier, lakeshore, Art Institute of Chicago, Blues bars, the list is long.

I’m not a seafood guy so that allure in Boston doesn’t do it for me and love Chicago pizza. Baseball is iconic in both cities like. Boston has more history (freedom trail is a great way to see it) and the north end Italian district has a great vibe. you can go to Plymouth and then to the cape as well.

And 60 kms closer. Both great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

I'm sort of leaning towards Chicago, mob tours, pizza, the pier and as you say the list goes on. Thanks
        Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
        Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Been to both, if you are going to see a baseball game, I would go to Boston. But overall I would choose Chicago, go on the archetectural boat tour, very interesting.

Comment

Hey Tom,

I've been to both cities many times.

Boston - if you are a seafood lover this is the place to visit! Many many restaurants great seafood (you have try the Union Oyster House) and Italian restaurants - especially in the North End! If you go you have to try the cannolis at Mike's Pastry in the North End. Boston has lots of history! You can walk the freedom trail, visit Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

Chicago - one thing that reminds me of Chicago is their Deep Dish Pizza (Ginos or Lou Malnati's) Yum!!! Chicago is also know for their many great steak houses! You have to try Gibsons! Also many great Brazilian churrascaria (Fogo de Chão Brazilian, Texas de Brazil). They have the Shed Aquarium and Field Museum.

A road trip to Boston would be more interesting - you can cross through Niagara\Buffalo and drive through NY state or you can drive to Montreal and cross and drive through Vermont - very scenic....

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
              Been to both, if you are going to see a baseball game, I would go to Boston. But overall I would choose Chicago, go on the archetectural boat tour, very interesting.
              +1 for the architectural boat tour.

Comment

Boston. Lots of history, nip down to the Cape. Too much crime currently in Chicago.
                In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
                  Agree on the architectural boat tour. Thought we’d kill some time doing it but turned out to be one of the best parts of the visit. We also saw the Jays twice at Wrigley while the air show was on. Felt safe staying downtown on Magnificent Mile.

Comment

You've already heard this, but I'll reiterate that both are great and you can't go wrong.

In addition to the other suggestions, the JFK Library on the south side of Boston is interesting for both the exhibits and the architecture. Italian restaurants in the North End, and Legal Seafood (a chain) are worth seeking out. Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is good.

In Chicago, there are 2 areas with some Frank Lloyd Wright buildings. Taking the El the the "south side of Chicago" to get to the ones at the University was an adventure of sorts... Also, another vote for the boat tour.

Both Wrigley and Fenway are bucket-list places to catch a ball game. Both cities are perfectly safe as long as you don't venture into the wrong areas. Kinda like keeping away from Jane/Finch here, esp at night!

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
                    ...Iggy

Comment

Decided on Chicago, staying at the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, it's on Magnificent Mile in the heart of lot of shopping, going to Tavern on Rush for dinner one night, do a bunch of walking and will go on a few tours, weather looks great and I told the wife I will leave the clubs at home this time, looking forward to it, it's an easy drive, we like road trips, thanks for the suggestions guys..
                      Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                      Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
                        Decided on Chicago, staying at the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, it's on Magnificent Mile in the heart of lot of shopping, going to Tavern on Rush for dinner one night, do a bunch of walking and will go on a few tours, weather looks great and I told the wife I will leave the clubs at home this time, looking forward to it, it's an easy drive, we like road trips, thanks for the suggestions guys..
                        Congrats.
                        We used to go to Chicago for hockey tournaments.
                        Stayed at either the Eaglewood or Oak Brook Hills 'resorts'. Both have accommodations and golf.

Make sure that you catch a game at Wrigley Field.

Comment

Have a great trip!!!! Make sure to try some deep dish

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
                            Have a great trip!!!! Make sure to try some deep dish
                            Thanks, and for sure deep dish is on the menu, Mom was Sicilian and dad was Calabrese , you can bet I love pizza..
                            Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
                              Nice to hear Tom. Have fun, should be a great trip.
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X