Collapse

2022-23 - - Our Raptors . . .

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 - - Our Raptors . . .

It is a Raptors thread but will talk about the Celtics.

Ime Udoka, the Celtics' Coach has been suspended for the season. The team cited violations of team policies in its announcement. Sources previously told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that Udoka had an intimate relationship with a female member of the franchise's staff.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

While it's understandable that this story has garnered press interest, what I can't figure out is why the allegations of Brett Favre allegedly being involved in a multi-million dollar welfare fraud hasn't caught the eye of our TGN detectives?
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the season and am okay with the Raptors "running it back". Good guys, fun team, interesting story lines.

Could go all wrong, but I'm okay.....

As for Ime, do these people (i.e. people in power) ever learn?

Comment

Wow if this was a policy I never would have dated my wife. Or my daughter her hubby...bit harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
          While it's understandable that this story has garnered press interest, what I can't figure out is why the allegations of Brett Favre allegedly being involved in a multi-million dollar welfare fraud hasn't caught the eye of our TGN detectives?
          Quite a few reasons . . . it (Favre) is a criminal matter that is being investigated. Nothing to discuss really except saying it was absolutely disgusting. Nothing really to do with the NFL at this point.

This a Team matter and they were sort of fast to judge. The NBA is not really involved but could have been . . . like the case of Robert Sarver . . . this had a sort of direct implication to the Raptors . . .

Comment

Good points, JG.

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Quite a few reasons . . . it (Favre) is a criminal matter that is being investigated. Nothing to discuss really except saying it was absolutely disgusting. Nothing really to do with the NFL at this point.

This a Team matter and they were sort of fast to judge. The NBA is not really involved but could have been . . . like the case of Robert Sarver . . . this had a sort of direct implication to the Raptors . . .

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
              Wow if this was a policy I never would have dated my wife. Or my daughter her hubby...bit harsh.
              Ime is in a position of power, and now companies are very strict about dating especially when there is a power dynamic. Add to that is married. Doesn't look good on the Celtics
              Last edited by golfingtime; Sep 23, 2022, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Ime is in a position of power, and now companies are very strict about dating especially when there is a power dynamic. Add to that is married. Doesn't look good on the Celtics
                We still don't know who it is but they were both married. It is still strange . . . I wonder what happen in the last month, but yes it seems like he was in a position of power.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

More has come out since. It sounds like this wasn't completely consensual. Unwanted advances. Makes sense.

Comment

Is this basketball or soccer? Guys lying face down after love taps for long periods of time ? Come on! man up and pretend you're a hockey player. Also if I hear hear Jack Armstrong say Right again, I'm going to need a new TV.

Comment

They are such a fun team to watch, they look like they are giving it their all when out there. Quite different than the Leafs or Jays.
                      Nice win last night.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                        They are such a fun team to watch, they look like they are giving it their all when out there. Quite different than the Leafs or Jays.
                        Nice win last night.
                        A good start to what is a very rough early stretch. First game against a <.500 team (based on 2021/22 records is San Antonio game 8. Back to back vs. Miami (both in Miami) and then Philly (in Toronto) and then a Home & Home vs. Chicago.
                        Last edited by golfingtime; Oct 20, 2022, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Great game. These guys never quit.

Does anyone know if Flynn is in the doghouse? I noticed that he didn't get any court time, while the rookie, Christian Koloko, had 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                            Great game. These guys never quit.

Does anyone know if Flynn is in the doghouse? I noticed that he didn't get any court time, while the rookie, Christian Koloko, had 15 minutes.
                            He was injured most of training camp. Too many minutes for FVV and Banton is the one getting the back-up minutes.

Will need to work his way back into lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                              Nice win last night.
                              Giving it their all and having fun doing it.

I rate them in this order: Raps, Jays, Leafs. Jays in 2nd because at least they're having fun.

I wonder if MLSE could offer Ujiri $50MM a year to be GM of all 3 teams? Or would it have to be more?
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X