Collapse

The good news thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
    Winter solstice was today. That means 2 minutes and 8 seconds more of daylight tomorrow. Woot!
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

I think it might be only 5 seconds. Still, trending in the right direction.
      Sunrise and sunset times in Toronto (timeanddate.com)

Another authoritative source, although probably difficult to pin down to the specific seconds...

Stonehenge winter solstice crowd the biggest of pandemic - BBC News
      I always wanted to wander through stonehenge. My brother did back in the '70s when it was not fenced off.
      In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
      and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post

I always wanted to wander through stonehenge. My brother did back in the '70s when it was not fenced off.
        I did too in 1971 - with an awe of wonder and mystery as to how this was built, by whom and why - peaked all the more by wandering through the artifact and touching the stones.

Going back many years later, looking at it from afar and going though the interpretative centre.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I found this SPELL CHECKER which is great because I really needed to do something about my spelling mistakes on TGN.

SPELL CHECKER:

Eye have a spelling checker.

It came with my pea sea.

It plainly marques four my revue

miss steaks eye can knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

and weight 4 it 2 say

weather eye am write oar wrong

it shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

it noses bee fore two long

and eye can put the error rite as its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this ode threw it, I am shore you r please

two no that it is floor less and letter perfect

awl the weigh threw my chequer tolled me sew.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

A good news / bad news story:

The world's first heart transplant of a genetically modified pig's heart into a human.

This is great news - if it works, then it opens up a huge new supply of transplant organs and may completely do away with the waitlists and backlogs.

Pigs, however, see this in a completely opposite way....
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
              A good news / bad news story:

The world's first heart transplant of a genetically modified pig's heart into a human.

This is great news - if it works, then it opens up a huge new supply of transplant organs and may completely do away with the waitlists and backlogs.

Pigs, however, see this in a completely opposite way....
              Not to trivialize a good news story, it brought back memories of a great uncle of mine who owned a butcher shop, and when asked if he had pigs feet, would respond, yes, and they hurt like the dickens.

Well....I was a kid and thought it was funny. As for the customers....

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Very excited to be taking my teaching Yoga certification (200 hour) here https://www.yoganisacentre.ca/ it starts in March and concludes in July. For the past two years Anisa has been one of my instructors and it is a natural fit.
                The Yoga teaching program at my YMCA is supposed to be starting late January or February and then I will be able to be a volunteer instructor there.
                Things will be busy, which is a nice change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rifleman View Post
                  Very excited to be taking my teaching Yoga certification (200 hour) here https://www.yoganisacentre.ca/ it starts in March and concludes in July. For the past two years Anisa has been one of my instructors and it is a natural fit.
                  The Yoga teaching program at my YMCA is supposed to be starting late January or February and then I will be able to be a volunteer instructor there.
                  Things will be busy, which is a nice change.
                  Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Congrats.
                    Thanks so much!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays