Collapse

Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brooke Henderson

Chalk up another Brooke fan....but i gotta say....n i might take some heat on this one...not loving the new footwear....think she's now wearing Sketchers?? The FJ's were a much better choice IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
      Chalk up another Brooke fan....but i gotta say....n i might take some heat on this one...not loving the new footwear....think she's now wearing Sketchers?? The FJ's were a much better choice IMO.
      She wore them for a month before signing on and wearing them full time. They are an athletic type shoe rather than an oxford type so will look quite different. Probably got a fair piece of change for doing it.

I have used Skecher runners for years and find them quite a quality product.

Comment

REIGNWOOD LPGA CLASSIC

September 30, 2016

Brooke Henderson

Nankou, Beijing, China

Q. Brooke, another great round today. 66 fast becoming your lucky number?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, for sure. It was an awesome day today. I felt like my start was awesome. Birdied the first 5 through 6 and felt like things were going to be a good day.

Q. How are you finding your time in China? Spent much time here before?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: No, my first time to China, and it's really cool. The language, the culture is all very different from back home in Canada. We've been enjoying it and looking forward to the next five weeks in Asia.

Q. Must be nice to share it with your sister, first-time experience like this?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, it is. It's so cool to have her on the bag. She's my best friend, and my sister, and we get to travel the world together.

Q. It's a fun dynamic to watch. Must be hard to manage who makes the cups of tea in the morning.
        BROOKE HENDERSON: (Laughter.) You know, we're pretty good. We kind of share the roles. We just kind of do things together.

Q. 66; 7-under par for today. Eight birdies and one bogey. Just thoughts, please.
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, today was awesome. I got off to an awesome start starting with a birdie on the 1st hole, par'd the 2nd, and then had quite a few birdies in a row.

I felt like today could be a good day, which is always a good feeling to have. One bogey, which kind of set me back a little bit, but then some more birdies on the back nine to get to 7-under, and 14-under par, which is really nice, especially only two days into the championship and I know I have two more days left.

Really looking forward to it. Hopefully have two more 7-under rounds.

Q. What's your impression of China? Have you ever been to China before? Have you ever been to the Great Wall, the Summer Palace? Do you like the food? The language?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, so this is my first time to China. I've only been to Asia three times, so we're definitely enjoying the experience. My sister and I, we love to travel and try newer things and see different things, so it's really been really cool the last few days.

We haven't been able to see the Great Wall up close, but when I was playing my pro-am a few days ago my partner said, Look at that mountain over there. So I got my laser out and looked at it and you could see.

Q. Oh, to calculate the yardages?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: No. Just to see it. Like a telescope. Made it like big.

Q. All right. All right.
        BROOKE HENDERSON: You could see the Great Wall. So I've seen it from really far away but it was really cool. Hopefully maybe not this time, but some other time we'll be able to go walk it and see it a little bit more up close.

Q. (Indiscernible.)
        BROOKE HENDERSON: No.

Q. Not yet.
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Not yet. Just enjoying the really nice resort.

Q. (Regarding gripping down on clubs.)
        BROOKE HENDERSON: So I get down on all my clubs since I was a little girl when I started at three years old. I just find it a lot more comfortable and a little bit more accurate.

Q. We're talking about your playing partner but not the opponent, just your partners. Having your sister, will you change that mode or just keep doing that as always, playing with your sister, have her on your bag?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, I love having my sister caddie for me and I think we make a great team. I have had a lot of success this year and I think that's because she is caddying for me. Like I said before, we're traveling together, she is caddying, and she does a lot of work for me on and off the course. We're best friends and we're sisters, and it's a lot fun to be able to share it together.

Q. (Question regarding her sister. )
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Yes.

Q. Looking at your resume we notice you have the experience of playing hockey right before. Why you give it up and switch to the game of golf?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: I loved playing hockey. I started when I was eight years old.

Q. Six?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Eight.

Q. Start?
        BROOKE HENDERSON: Start. Then when I was 14 I made Canada's national team for golf and I was playing hockey too. Just got a little bit too busy.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

Comment

Back-to-back rounds of -7. Playing very well and finished both days at T1.

You can't win in the first 2 days, but you can sure put yourself in a good or bad position for the weekend...

I watched the first round last night on PVR and will do the same with today's round tonight. Brooke was pretty good on the front 9, and got better on the back.

Ariya with an off-form day shoots a +2 and drops to T10 to give everyone else a little breathing room and a chance. But I wouldn't want to count her out just yet....

ShanShan Feng playing well in front of the home crowd after bringing home the bronze from Rio.

Great start to the Asian swing so far!
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Go Ms. Henderson! A win in China would help with exposure in the Far East market.

Comment

A solid 4th place finish. Congrats Brooke!

Comment

T4 earned her 97K USD. Not too shabby at all.

Comment

Birdie birdie birdie finish will help her momentum heading to Taiwan.

Comment

Brooke Henderson Round 4 highlights:

Comment

-4 and T2 in Taiwan after rnd 1. One off the pace. Go Brooke!

Comment

Brooke is in the second-last group tonight with Hee Young Park and Beatriz Recari.

Comment

One thing about the Asian part of the tour is that if you play well day one your going to get some later tee times, all week. Brooke got a bit lucky with the chip in on 15 as it was going well past the pin and that seemed to get her on track and played 16/17/and 18 to perfection.

Comment

Brooke didn't really get much going today (carded a [-1] 71), but is only one back in a 4-way tie for 3rd.

Paired with Lee Anne Pace and Shanshan Feng in the 2nd last group tonight for Round 3.
                            Last edited by sjmcampbell; Oct 7, 2016, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Re: Brooke Henderson n Taiwan

Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
                              Brooke didn't really get much going today (carded a [-1] 71), but is only one back in a 4-way tie for 3rd.

Paired with Lee Anne Pace and Shanshan Feng in the 2nd last group tonight for Round 3.
                              Weather was atrocious very few golfers under par for this round. Brooke did well!

Comment

• Re: Brooke Henderson n Taiwan

Brooke 69 today and T4 through round 3
                                Last edited by 4underthru9; Oct 19, 2016, 09:20 PM.
                                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X